Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is there anyone you DON'T want the Bucs to draft with their first pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

: January 02, 2007, 05:36:52 PM

Ted Ginn Jr, I just think he is a bust in the Peter Warrick mold

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2007, 05:00:18 PM

Calvin Johnson/Dwayne Jarrett. I respect both guys' skiil sets (CJs more), but we just don't need another WR that high. JMO, but I think we have a potential big-bodied star on the roster already.  Throw Ted Ginn Jr in there since he'll likely declare... a smaller, super-fast playmaker would be nice, but IMO it doesn't warrant a top 4 pick.

I'd also fit Brady Quinn in there but I'm fairly confident he won't be around. So instead I'll say Brohm. He'll almost undoubtedly get a looooot of hype, especially if he goes to the combine and has sick measurables (which he would). So he'll probably climb up boards ala Phillip Rivers in '04. IMO we definitely need a franchise QB, but I still have some confidence that could be Simms with a few corrections. There are other glaring needs on the roster.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 02, 2007, 04:36:03 PM

I'm speaking now of the more highly-touted players such as Quinn, Thomas, Adams, Johnson, etc.

Is there any player you would NOT like to see the Bucs draft at #3 or #4 overall? I'm not limiting it to the four names above, I'm asking about all the guys who are projected as top half of the first round guys. Is there a player out there getting a lot of pub that, despite being considered a top prospect, you look at and say: "Absolutely no way do I want the Bucs to draft this guy in round one"?

If so, why?

On the other hand, would you be happy with just about any of the consensus top prospects out there?

#3 : January 02, 2007, 04:37:47 PM

Leon Hall - I'm just not impressed with him.
Alan Branch - Doesn't fit what we need from our UT.
Dwayne Jarrett - His constant taunting and such made me lose respect for his ability.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : January 02, 2007, 04:38:09 PM

Thomas.

We have spent too many early picks on OL the alst few years to take another one. It's come to a time to address other needs.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#5 : January 02, 2007, 04:40:25 PM

Thomas.

We have spent too many early picks on OL the alst few years to take another one. It's come to a time to address other needs.
I don't know about that reasoning. Mahan was a 4th, Buenning a 4th, Colmer a 3rd, Davin 1st, Trueblood 2nd, but Joe Thomas is a franchise LT....you just don't pass him up IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2007, 04:40:31 PM

Calvin Johnson.

The kid won't dominate in the pro's like he is in college. Now, if the Bucs pick him don't think I won't love the kid but just feel the Bucs should, depending on FA, go with Thomas. You build a team from the indside out and drafting Johnson would do little if <insert a name here> doesn't have time to throw the pill.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 02, 2007, 04:40:35 PM

CJ, AD Peterson:  I think we already have enough talent at the WR and RB spots that we could use this pick better elsewhere.

#8 : January 02, 2007, 04:41:27 PM

Like I said before, only the special people want AD Peterson.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 02, 2007, 04:47:34 PM

I want the offense fixed so that we can run the ball and pass protect and manage the clock consistently. 25 points a game. Then next year devote the high picks to the defense the following two years.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 02, 2007, 04:49:12 PM

I'm sticking to players we could conceivably take - not guys like Branch who simply don't fit.

1) Quinn - I just don't believe the hype;
2) Peterson - great back and maybe he's the best player available at our pick depending on how everything unfolds, but no thanks;
3) Leon Hall

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 02, 2007, 04:52:52 PM

CJ, because he can't block a DE or rush the passer.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 02, 2007, 04:54:32 PM

Good post Red Alert.

Post of the day, actually!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#13 : January 02, 2007, 05:00:43 PM

Thomas.

I don't know about that reasoning. Mahan was a 4th, Buenning a 4th, Colmer a 3rd, Davin 1st, Trueblood 2nd, but Joe Thomas is a franchise LT....you just don't pass him up IMO.
We've spent 4 out of our 8 picks in rounds 1-4 the last 2 years on offensive lineman. It comes a time, when you have to address other needs.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#14 : January 02, 2007, 05:01:27 PM

Anyways, my dream draft would probably have us taking Gaines Adams in the 1st, Troy Smith in the 2nd, and Garrett Wolfe sometime later in the draft.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is there anyone you DON'T want the Bucs to draft with their first pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools