Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is there anyone you DON'T want the Bucs to draft with their first pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 02, 2007, 05:11:33 PM »

The player I'd least like us to take is Ted Ginn. Granted, his speed is frightening, but Im worried that if we take him all he might ever become is a Devin Hester type returner in the league and not much as a receiver. i think hes too much of a risk at #3 or #4.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 02, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »

Agreed on Ginn.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 02, 2007, 05:18:50 PM »

Leon Hall - I'm just not impressed with him.
Alan Branch - Doesn't fit what we need from our UT.
Dwayne Jarrett - His constant taunting and such made me lose respect for his ability.

Ditto...

Baghead #2

coopsxx

Starter
« #18 : January 02, 2007, 05:21:35 PM »

Thomas, i am not sold, it seems there needs to be a top 5 talent at ot every year and sometimes the pundits hype up one even if they are not that good, see Gallery.

Next year there is perhaps the one of the best OT prospects coming out, Michael Oher, he is a legitimate top 5 guy, otherwise get one in round 2, - like mcneil etc.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 02, 2007, 05:41:58 PM »

Of the guys I've seen anywhere projected into the top 5:

Ginn I don't like.
Hall doesn't appear to be that good and high R1 CB doesn't seem to be a real need for this defense.
Branch isn't a 3 technique capable DT from what I've seen.
Jarrett scares me because jerk WR's are a problem in this league and I'd rather not have that sort of problem.
LaRon Landry is just way, way too high for the S position
Adrian Petersen is not a guy we need and doesn't "fix" any of Caddy's issues (pass catching)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #20 : January 02, 2007, 05:47:12 PM »

Thomas, i am not sold, it seems there needs to be a top 5 talent at ot every year and sometimes the pundits hype up one even if they are not that good, see Gallery.

Next year there is perhaps the one of the best OT prospects coming out, Michael Oher, he is a legitimate top 5 guy, otherwise get one in round 2, - like mcneil etc.

Thomas is rated higher than Gallery or Dbrick. McNeil's stock fell because of that disease that he has. Without that, he would have been top 15 last year.

As for the players I don't want...

Ginn - just a really fast guy. The team can find those in later rounds.
Branch - Didnt show the pressure needed to be the UT for the Bucs
AP - the special people are convinced he's the guy to turn thing around. How? I dont know.

zed

Pro Bowler

« #21 : January 02, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »

We shouldn't take Quinn - we have too many inexperienced QBs as it is.
We shouldn't take Branch - can't rush the passer.
We shouldn't take Peterson - we don't need him.

We probably don't need Calvin Johnson right now, but maybe in a few years, when Galloway's retired, we may regret not picking him.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #22 : January 02, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »

Thomas-1 year removed from knee surgery, really risky

Landry-we pick to high for his talent

I wouldnt mind Quinn, CJ, or Adams

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 02, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »

Calvin Johnson/Dwayne Jarrett. I respect both guys' skiil sets (CJs more), but we just don't need another WR that high. JMO, but I think we have a potential big-bodied star on the roster already.  Throw Ted Ginn Jr in there since he'll likely declare... a smaller, super-fast playmaker would be nice, but IMO it doesn't warrant a top 4 pick.

I'd also fit Brady Quinn in there but I'm fairly confident he won't be around. So instead I'll say Brohm. He'll almost undoubtedly get a looooot of hype, especially if he goes to the combine and has sick measurables (which he would). So he'll probably climb up boards ala Phillip Rivers in '04. IMO we definitely need a franchise QB, but I still have some confidence that could be Simms with a few corrections. There are other glaring needs on the roster.

None more glaring than QB though.  Which also happens to be the most important position on the team.  If Quinn or Brohm or Russell were available and Gruden's staff considered him the best player available I wouldn't have a problem with it.  But there job security would be based on his development.  I could take another season of losing(and we will have a losing record next year IMHO) as long as  we had our franchise QB.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 02, 2007, 07:14:57 PM »

Quinn.

Because he just seems like a big time bust to me. I also read an article that detailed his career and lets just say that if not for the Navy's of the world this guy wouldn't even be talked about.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #25 : January 02, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »

Really would't want a QB in the 1st, for selfish reasons I want a player who might have an impact next year and help Gru keep his job. If one of the top QB's slip to 2a or 2b I wouldnt have a problem at those picks.

« #26 : January 02, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »

I don't wanna see AP, Ginn, Hall, or Dwayne Jarrett in Buc unis.

Orangegone1

Starter

« #27 : January 02, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »

Leon Hall - I'm just not impressed with him.
Alan Branch - Doesn't fit what we need from our UT.
Dwayne Jarrett - His constant taunting and such made me lose respect for his ability.

I wasn't impressed with Branch. Hall would be a good late 1st  round pick. I really like Jarrett but not in the early 1st round. I would stay from Quinn also.

Ditto...

watson

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 02, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »

Brady Quinn.  Every big game I've seen him play this year has been not very impressive. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

« #29 : January 02, 2007, 08:41:55 PM »

Brady Quinn. Every big game I've seen him play this year has been not very impressive.
Yeah, that's one of the major knocks on him. Not great in big games. I remember that being the knock on Peyton, and suffice to say it's translated to the NFL.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is there anyone you DON'T want the Bucs to draft with their first pick? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools