Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all Americans Voters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 21, 2008, 09:58:26 AM

a little perspective for both sides - based on how you see things, both sides are right...  if i were so tired of war due to the dollars involved, believed in bottom up economics and tax policy, and believe the government owes me a future/standard of living/etc... i'd be right in my support of obama.  if i believe in individual destiny of my own design, small government, spending curtailed, big defense, tax breaks for big corporations that have millions of people's retirement investment dollars at risk... i'd be rightin my support of mccain.

neither is necessarily right or wrong.  neither is necessarily good or bad (as a known fact).  they are just two voices appealing to two types of viewpoints.  we'll see who can turn out the most voters and let the chips fall where they may.

the probability of either of these guys making it more than one term is probably miniscule since mccain won't get anywhere with a Democrat congress, and the country that is historically right of center won't go for a bad performance from obama if Congress does everything he says and we see inflation/heavy taxes/and the Fed Gov't becoming the largest employer in the country...

while this is the most critical election of our time, I don't see how either of these guys can make a difference.  the bigger vote is in Congress.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#16 : October 21, 2008, 10:18:38 AM

That's a good point. No matter who wins, they basically have 3 years to do something positive or they'll get the hook. Both of these candidates are only going to get 1 shot at this.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 21, 2008, 10:28:21 AM

so 2012 becomes the biggie...  if obama wins, R's get the 2012 election.  if mccain wins, HELLO HILLARY!!! Hahahaha.  until the economy gets right, until some energy policy that makes sense grows wings, and until the war is won or we quit - nothing the geniuses in Washington "talk" about will matter.  we probably have at least another administration before those things can really be put into action.

pewtergod

Second String

#18 : October 22, 2008, 12:57:38 AM

And how stupid will you all look/feel when Obama makes headway at setting this country straight?

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2008, 06:41:39 AM

Boom, these guys wouldn't admit they were full of sh!t if they were caught with a mouthful of it.

Question for ya Snake. Why are you voting for Obama? Can you give me 3 things in the past that he's done to warrant your vote?

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2008, 08:01:02 AM

pewtergod - no more stupid than you look with every keystroke.  why don't you and worm, snake, Karen, or whatever get a room...

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 22, 2008, 09:36:28 AM

We've been down this road dr3z. No one owes you any explanation for how they vote. That's why you do it alone in a booth. Vote your conscience or don't it's all up to you. But Obama is going to win in a landslide either way.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#22 : October 22, 2008, 09:49:01 AM

a little perspective for both sides - based on how you see things, both sides are right...  if i were so tired of war due to the dollars involved, believed in bottom up economics and tax policy, and believe the government owes me a future/standard of living/etc... i'd be right in my support of obama.  if i believe in individual destiny of my own design, small government, spending curtailed, big defense, tax breaks for big corporations that have millions of people's retirement investment dollars at risk... i'd be rightin my support of mccain.

neither is necessarily right or wrong.  neither is necessarily good or bad (as a known fact).  they are just two voices appealing to two types of viewpoints.  we'll see who can turn out the most voters and let the chips fall where they may.

the probability of either of these guys making it more than one term is probably miniscule since mccain won't get anywhere with a Democrat congress, and the country that is historically right of center won't go for a bad performance from obama if Congress does everything he says and we see inflation/heavy taxes/and the Fed Gov't becoming the largest employer in the country...

while this is the most critical election of our time, I don't see how either of these guys can make a difference.  the bigger vote is in Congress.

The fact that we're afraid to tell people we're right and they're wrong is a problem. This can go on and on.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 22, 2008, 01:58:41 PM

We've been down this road dr3z. No one owes you any explanation for how they vote. That's why you do it alone in a booth. Vote your conscience or don't it's all up to you. But Obama is going to win in a landslide either way.
Another GREAT Obama reasoning..... Thanks!

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 22, 2008, 02:53:28 PM

You want a reason? I got two words for ya....

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 22, 2008, 02:57:13 PM

Neither candidate is going to be able to change/stop what is up around the bend.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2008, 04:57:43 PM

You want a reason? I got two words for ya....

I really cant believe your old enough to vote. "I dont have to tell you why im voting......."
"I'm taking my ball and going home...."

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 22, 2008, 05:02:18 PM

I'm taking your ballz and going home loser boy. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa....

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 22, 2008, 05:08:38 PM

I'm taking your ballz and going home loser boy. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa....
Duuuuuuude dont ask dont tell......... I mean im all for you people being able to get married and all but as long as you dont say things
like you just said I dont have a problem with it. TMI.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 22, 2008, 05:15:05 PM

We're gonna get health insurance too. But you carry on now...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all Americans Voters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools