Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

LFO

Hall of Famer

#120 : November 18, 2008, 09:44:30 PM

2 pac-10 teams in the bcs and 2 big ten teams hahahaha. It looks like it will happen.

I don't see how.

Bama and Florida are locks.

2 of TT, Texas, Ok St., and OK will get in (unless Missouri wins, then Missouri and one of these teams).

Big Easy Champ gets in.

ACC champ gets in.

Pac 10 Champ gets in.

Big 11 Champ gets in.

That leaves 2 spots, one of which will automatically go to one of Utah/BYU/Boise St. 

That leaves one spot, which then, yes, might go to a Big 11 or Pac 10 runner Up.  But really that is only because rules won't let 3 from one conference go in, and still there is a shot that whoever doesn't get in out of Utah/BYU/Boise st. could get that last spot. 

Pac 10 has no shot of getting 2 teams in unless Oregon St. wins conference. 

Big 10 has a shot, but maybe Fiesta goes with Boise St. (if Utah beats BYU) and leaves a mediocre Ohio State for a Capital One matchup with underachieving Georgia...  Not likely but probably should happen. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#121 : November 19, 2008, 12:58:24 AM

2 pac-10 teams in the bcs and 2 big ten teams hahahaha. It looks like it will happen.

I don't see how.

2 of TT, Texas, Ok St., and OK will get in (unless Missouri wins, then Missouri and one of these teams).

Big Easy Champ gets in.

ACC champ gets in.

Pac 10 Champ gets in.

Big 11 Champ gets in.

That leaves 2 spots, one of which will automatically go to one of Utah/BYU/Boise St. 

That leaves one spot, which then, yes, might go to a Big 11 or Pac 10 runner Up.  But really that is only because rules won't let 3 from one conference go in, and still there is a shot that whoever doesn't get in out of Utah/BYU/Boise st. could get that last spot. 

Pac 10 has no shot of getting 2 teams in unless Oregon St. wins conference. 

Big 10 has a shot, but maybe Fiesta goes with Boise St. (if Utah beats BYU) and leaves a mediocre Ohio State for a Capital One matchup with underachieving Georgia...  Not likely but probably should happen. 

I dont know. Oregon State probably wins the pac-10 (my duck homer self hopes Oregon wins but dont see it happening). People are gonna be pissed because Oregon State isnt very good.
USC will go
And BYU isnt even in the picture.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#122 : November 19, 2008, 05:53:35 PM

I don't see how.

Big Easy Champ gets in.

ACC champ gets in.

Pac 10 Champ gets in.

Big 11 Champ gets in.

That leaves 2 spots, one of which will automatically go to one of Utah/BYU/Boise St.�

That leaves one spot, which then, yes, might go to a Big 11 or Pac 10 runner Up.� But really that is only because rules won't let 3 from one conference go in, and still there is a shot that whoever doesn't get in out of Utah/BYU/Boise st. could get that last spot.�

Pac 10 has no shot of getting 2 teams in unless Oregon St. wins conference.�

Big 10 has a shot, but maybe Fiesta goes with Boise St. (if Utah beats BYU) and leaves a mediocre Ohio State for a Capital One matchup with underachieving Georgia...� Not likely but probably should happen.�

I dont know. Oregon State probably wins the pac-10 (my duck homer self hopes Oregon wins but dont see it happening). People are gonna be pissed because Oregon State isnt very good.
USC will go

BYU is in position to get a bid, by BCS ranking.  They still get to play Utah, and beating them would probably put them ahead.  Whether or not they can pass Boise St. is the question.  But BYU still has a legit shot at making it to BCS game.  Boise St. worked out well for Fiesta last time, so why not again?  It is possible 2 mid majors get in...maybe not likely, but 2 12-0 team in Utah and Boise St. might be intriguing.  I'd rather see either of those play a big team than watch Ohio St. get crushed again, that's for sure. 

If USC wins Pac 10, Pac 10 will NOT get 2 bids. 

Real question is, why doesn't PAC 10 invite BYU and Utah to join?  Then they can have a conference title game, and maybe even have some more depth.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#123 : November 19, 2008, 07:08:52 PM

LOL on tOSU commentary LFO!  I don't think they get into BCS this year unless by divine intervention and MSU's help this weekend :)

Where's the love for Ball State? 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#124 : November 19, 2008, 09:41:26 PM

I don't see how.

Big Easy Champ gets in.

ACC champ gets in.

Pac 10 Champ gets in.

Big 11 Champ gets in.

That leaves 2 spots, one of which will automatically go to one of Utah/BYU/Boise St.�

That leaves one spot, which then, yes, might go to a Big 11 or Pac 10 runner Up.� But really that is only because rules won't let 3 from one conference go in, and still there is a shot that whoever doesn't get in out of Utah/BYU/Boise st. could get that last spot.�

Pac 10 has no shot of getting 2 teams in unless Oregon St. wins conference.�

Big 10 has a shot, but maybe Fiesta goes with Boise St. (if Utah beats BYU) and leaves a mediocre Ohio State for a Capital One matchup with underachieving Georgia...� Not likely but probably should happen.�

USC will go

BYU is in position to get a bid, by BCS ranking.  They still get to play Utah, and beating them would probably put them ahead.  Whether or not they can pass Boise St. is the question.  But BYU still has a legit shot at making it to BCS game.  Boise St. worked out well for Fiesta last time, so why not again?  It is possible 2 mid majors get in...maybe not likely, but 2 12-0 team in Utah and Boise St. might be intriguing.  I'd rather see either of those play a big team than watch Ohio St. get crushed again, that's for sure. 

If USC wins Pac 10, Pac 10 will NOT get 2 bids. 

Real question is, why doesn't PAC 10 invite BYU and Utah to join?  Then they can have a conference title game, and maybe even have some more depth.

Byu, Utah board debate has been debated... put it this way theirs more to the pac-10 then Football and basketball. And I believe with some events its in the way of their church.

Pac-10 needs to first find a good TV deal, before worrying about expansion that wont happen. The closet that came was years ago with Texas/Colorado but that was a while ago

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#125 : November 22, 2008, 08:40:23 PM

Updated Today:

1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma
6. USC
7. Utah
8. Penn State
9. Boise State
10. Georgia

why dont u edit the first post in this thread, instead of putting it 3 pages back? just a thought. because i dont comment on this stuff, and dont want to dig for it, i just want to look and see whats going on and then go back to doing my thing, like maybe edit the first one, and then put the updated one on page 3 also, then u make everyone happy, not everyone posts on the boards you know.

not being snappy or anything... just suggesting nicely...

u dont have to do it, but it would be greatly appreaciated!

Since you don't want to talk about it, why don't you just go to another site if all you want to do is look at the standings?  Here, I'll help you out:

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfootball/

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will probably keep posting the standings the same way.

thank you

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#126 : November 23, 2008, 09:53:47 PM

Newest BCS standings:

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. USC
6. Utah
7. Texas Tech
8. Penn State
9. Boise State
10. Ohio State

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If both Bama and UF take care of Business next week, the winner of the SEC should get one spot. Now here's where it get weird, if the Big 12 Winner is either Texas or Ok they should get the other spot, but the winner of the South Division is the higher BCS ranked team. So the #2 team in the BCS could be decided by which team is higher ranked in the BCS. If Texas or Ok is the higher ranked (by BCS) Team then they play Mizzou and if they win are in the BCS game. So the #2 team in the BCS final rankings is determined by the BCS one week before final Rankings.

It's like some sort of weird time paradox.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#127 : November 23, 2008, 10:59:25 PM

Newest BCS standings:

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. USC
6. Utah
7. Texas Tech
8. Penn State
9. Boise State
10. Ohio State

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If both Bama and UF take care of Business next week, the winner of the SEC should get one spot. Now here's where it get weird, if the Big 12 Winner is either Texas or Ok they should get the other spot, but the winner of the South Division is the higher BCS ranked team. So the #2 team in the BCS could be decided by which team is higher ranked in the BCS. If Texas or Ok is the higher ranked (by BCS) Team then they play Mizzou and if they win are in the BCS game. So the #2 team in the BCS final rankings is determined by the BCS one week before final Rankings.

Isnt their a rule where only 2 teams from each conference can go to the BCS?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#128 : November 24, 2008, 03:28:09 PM

Newest BCS standings:

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. USC
6. Utah
7. Texas Tech
8. Penn State
9. Boise State
10. Ohio State

Yes. So?

Bama and UF will probably go to the Sugar and the BCS-CG. If Tex or OK beats Mizzou (and Ok st. for OK) then one goes to the BCS-CG and the other to Sugar/Orange/Fiesta. If things go to the chalk, Texas Tech will get the shaft.

But if Mizzou wins the Big 12 CG, Hijinks will ensue. USC could play for the National Title while only being second in their Conference. LOL

LFO

Hall of Famer

#129 : November 24, 2008, 05:38:22 PM

Newest BCS standings:

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. Florida
5. USC
6. Utah
7. Texas Tech
8. Penn State
9. Boise State
10. Ohio State

Yes. So?

Bama and UF will probably go to the Sugar and the BCS-CG. If Tex or OK beats Mizzou (and Ok st. for OK) then one goes to the BCS-CG and the other to Sugar/Orange/Fiesta. If things go to the chalk, Texas Tech will get the shaft.

But if Mizzou wins the Big 12 CG, Hijinks will ensue. USC could play for the National Title while only being second in their Conference. LOL

Or whoever doesn't make the Big 12 game out of Texas and Oklahoma (provided they beat Ok St.) could make it, without even winning their own DIVISION!

What I hope doesn't happen, is the BCS computers put in Oklahoma-Texas rematch (if UF beats FSU and Bama).  Can you say 2006 all over again?  Michigan-OSU play a tight game, country clamors for a rematch, luckily we don't get it.  Michigan gets destroyed by USC, OSU by UF.  Now, I am not saying I think Texas-Oklahoma are Michigan-OSU caliber, but I will say I believe most would MUCH Rather see a Texas-UF, Oklahoma-UF, USC-UF, USC-Texas, USC-Oklahoma than Texas-Oklahoma again.

JC510

Practice Squad

#130 : November 24, 2008, 05:54:25 PM

Can we have USC vs the Alabama/Florida loser in the Sugar Bowl? Or does "BCS At-Large" mean the highest ranked BCS team (which unfortunately wouldn't be USC)?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#131 : November 24, 2008, 06:46:54 PM

Can we have USC vs the Alabama/Florida loser in the Sugar Bowl? Or does "BCS At-Large" mean the highest ranked BCS team (which unfortunately wouldn't be USC)?

if oregon st wins the pac10, then i think that could happen.

and JG - would/could a team that didnt win its conference play in the national championship game?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#132 : November 25, 2008, 12:46:28 AM

and JG - would/could a team that didnt win its conference play in the national championship game?

Has happened before, a couple times at least.  Oklahoma and Nebraska come to mind.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#133 : November 25, 2008, 03:15:01 PM

if oregon st wins the pac10, then i think that could happen.

Yes. I just heard a report on the radio (Gary Danielson) that he expects the NCAA to add a Conference winner requirement NEXT YEAR.

What's really frakked up is the Big 12 South Div. will be determined by who is ranked highest in the BCS. So Texas or Ok could play Mizzou because of the polls, lose, and then the polls could move the other up to #2.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#134 : November 25, 2008, 03:18:44 PM

It is up to the Sugar Bowl who they pick. Ratings and how their fans travel will outweigh Rankings. I think the Sugar would take a USC over a Utah or TT because of the $$$$$

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools