Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 20, 2008, 10:14:10 PM

BCS IS LAME AND SUCKS

we all know

bucngators15

Starter
#31 : October 20, 2008, 10:16:44 PM

USC GEORGIA and OSU are the most overrated teams in the NCAA

Whoever Said, " Its not whether you LOSE or WIN that counts.... PROBALY LOST

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 20, 2008, 10:22:58 PM

USC GEORGIA and OSU are the most overrated teams in the NCAA

Kinda agree.

I do think a USC vs OSU rose bowl would be good. Adding Wells to the game makes it exciting.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 21, 2008, 10:07:39 AM

Here is to hoping that OSU beats Texas on Saturday.  That way we can let USC and Penn St. play for the championship.  No way Alabama goes even they are unbeaten.
The irony is that the system will do anything to get USC in the big game, regardless of what other teams are doing.  If GA goes undefeated from here on out and the only team they lose to is Alabama, and beats them in the SEC championship, don't they deserve to go?  Texas is going to get beat.  OSU will get beat at some point.

My pick for the national championship is Georgia vs Penn St with Penn St winning and Joe Pa retires. 

If not, I'm pulling for OSU vs Boise St

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 21, 2008, 10:25:19 AM

lol

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 21, 2008, 11:21:04 AM

I'm hoping for every team to have 2 losses so the BCS implodes...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 21, 2008, 12:51:54 PM

Without silly national polls, how exactly would the voters even know how other voters felt about Auburn?

How did they know what others voters felt when they originally had USC and OU #1 and #2?

You're telling me that Auburn would've still been #3 if the first poll came out after winning the SECCG to finish 12-0? 

Give me a break...

If Auburn winning that game didn't change their mind when they already had USC and OU ahead of them, what makes you think it would have without a poll the entire season.

You are missing the point entirely.   There is nothing Auburn could have done to move up in the polls in the minds of the voters, whether the polls came out in the pre-season or after the conference championship game.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 21, 2008, 12:54:30 PM

If voters had known Auburn would go UNDEFEATED, I'm sure they would've had Auburn at #2 instead of OU playing in the weak Big 12.

Even after Auburn went UNDEFEATED, and everyone knew they were undefeated, they still voted them third.  Obviously I believe that they were incorrect, but they were incorrect before, during, and after the season...which has been your argument about the polls.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 21, 2008, 01:09:20 PM

I love posting this:

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Snook

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 21, 2008, 01:25:10 PM

How did they know what others voters felt when they originally had USC and OU #1 and #2?

You're missing the point --- No one had a clue how good Auburn was.

And because of their ignorance, they started Auburn out 17 & 18.  That was 5th best in the SEC...

If Auburn winning that game didn't change their mind when they already had USC and OU ahead of them, what makes you think it would have without a poll the entire season.

You are missing the point entirely.   There is nothing Auburn could have done to move up in the polls in the minds of the voters, whether the polls came out in the pre-season or after the conference championship game.

Wrong again.  Auburn did change people's minds.  

AP Poll from 2004 - 1st place votes:

PRESEASON:
USC - 48
OU - 11
AU - 0

NOV 7th:
USC - 52
OU - 10
AU - 3

NOV 14:
USC - 51
OU - 8
AU - 6

NOV 21:
USC - 48
OU - 9
AU - 8

DEC 5:
USC - 44
OU - 14
AU - 7

The problem is that most of the AP voters are stubborn and won't change their minds - even in the face of reality - because doing so would prove they're wrong and hurt their ego.  Without polls from the entire season, they could've more accurately voted.

This was also at a time when not everyone agreed that the SEC is the most dominant conference.  Can you imagine an undefeated SEC team being picked over undefeated PAC10 and Big 12 teams TODAY?  It would never happen.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 21, 2008, 01:43:52 PM

I dont know if thats 100% true.  I'd bet that if both Alabama and Texas run the table, Texas would hold on to #1. They beat #1 OU, #7 TT, #11 Missourri, and #6 Oklahoma St., and the Big 12 Championship. 

Alabam' would have had some nice W's, but not that many. Clemson?  UGA.  LSU (currently 13). SEC Championship. 

(funny how i jump in the convo. after posting the 'beating a dead horse' thing)

www.Atlbucs.com

Snook

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 21, 2008, 01:49:29 PM

I dont know if thats 100% true.  I'd bet that if both Alabama and Texas run the table, Texas would hold on to #1. They beat #1 OU, #7 TT, #11 Missourri, and #6 Oklahoma St., and the Big 12 Championship. 

Alabam' would have had some nice W's, but not that many.

(funny how i jump in the convo. after posting the 'beating a dead horse' thing)

What I meant is that can you imagine an undefeated SEC team being #3 behind any two undefeated schools from ANY conference?

If Penn State, Texas and Alabama finish undefeated, you'd NEVER see Bama left out of the mix...  And they shouldn't be.

And that last sentence shows why we need a playoff.  Not this figure skating, bias, flawed voting crap...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 21, 2008, 01:50:31 PM

Ah 10-4.  Misread what you meant .

The real question I have is "Is Auburn ready for this Thurday's "Disappointment Bowl" w/ my Mountianeers?"

www.Atlbucs.com

Snook

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 21, 2008, 02:07:02 PM

Ah 10-4.  Misread what you meant .

The real question I have is "Is Auburn ready for this Thurday's "Disappointment Bowl" w/ my Mountianeers?"

Should be interesting...

Sucks -- I've got a softball playoff game that night so I'll miss some of the game.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 21, 2008, 02:11:09 PM

Ah 10-4.� Misread what you meant .

Should be interesting...

Sucks -- I've got a softball playoff game that night so I'll miss some of the game.

We're 3.5 favs...absolutely shocking. The way these offenses are going, the over/under should be <20.  I've informed my kickball team (yup, kickball) that I will be absent for our game.  Since my gf is an Auburn gal,we have to see this game b/c lord knows it'll never happen again after next year.   

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools