Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

ranman

Pro Bowler
#150 : December 01, 2008, 01:07:19 PM

we agree Biggs.  The only way SEC gets screwed out of this is if the state of Texas does enough screaming to influence the human polls.  we saw that the past two years - particularly two yrs ago with UF winning and then jumping over Mich

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#151 : December 01, 2008, 01:40:25 PM

we agree Biggs.  The only way SEC gets screwed out of this is if the state of Texas does enough screaming to influence the human polls.  we saw that the past two years - particularly two yrs ago with UF winning and then jumping over Mich

id say that was a pretty different situation.   conference champs should be playing for the national championship.  its pretty simple really.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#152 : December 01, 2008, 06:19:06 PM

UF will move to #1 in Harris poll.  What will be inetresting is if they can move all the way to #1 in coaches poll.  I think they can, but it will be interesting to see.  I think THIS week a lot of coaches moved Florida down and Oklahoma or Texas up (depending on how each viewed that situation) trying to get their pick in the Big12 game.  I don't see how else you explain UF pummeling ranked FSU on the road in a monsoon by about what Texas beat a Poor A&M team yet Texas passes UF.  I think the logic was UF will be in anyway, let's try and get who we think should be in Big 12 in.  I think IF UF beats Bama the coaches will put UF #1, and probably Oklahoma #2.  That should be enough for UF to get in (UF should move up to at least 3/4 in Computers), although it would be CRAZY (and maybe a good thing to blow up BCS) if UF is #1 in Harris, AP and Coaches yet gets left out. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#153 : December 01, 2008, 07:51:50 PM

People forget its not the BCS screwing this over... its the BIG 12. They put no value into head to head matchups which is absolutely crazy. We can trash the BCS on this but Big 12 puts head to head its not an issue

LFO

Hall of Famer

#154 : December 01, 2008, 09:30:48 PM

People forget its not the BCS screwing this over... its the BIG 12. They put no value into head to head matchups which is absolutely crazy. We can trash the BCS on this but Big 12 puts head to head its not an issue

Well I think Big 12 does....I believe it was like the 5th tie breaker that said BCS Standings decide it.

I do think where they messed up is it should be like the SEC....BCS standings narrow it down to 2, then head-to-head rules.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#155 : December 01, 2008, 10:05:26 PM

Well I think Big 12 does....I believe it was like the 5th tie breaker that said BCS Standings decide it.

I do think where they messed up is it should be like the SEC....BCS standings narrow it down to 2, then head-to-head rules.

if the Big 12 was like the SEC and Pac-10 etc... the BCS would have the 2 best teams in the championship game. But I guess its easier to blame the BCS.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS Standings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools