Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: News: The Buccaneers HAVE inquired about trading for Randy Moss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

watson

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 02, 2007, 07:23:51 PM

Would the trading for Moss signal a modification of the WCO to a more vertical passing game?  With Simm's strong suit being the long ball and having JG and RM both on the team I don't see how those qualities fit into the WCO.  I don't remember seeing Moss do many crossing patterns in Minny....it was mostly the deep ball and out patterns.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 02, 2007, 07:25:24 PM

Would the trading for Moss signal a modification of the WCO to a more vertical passing game?  With Simm's strong suit being the long ball and having JG and RM both on the team I don't see how those qualities fit into the WCO.  I don't remember seeing Moss do many crossing patterns in Minny....it was mostly the deep ball and out patterns.

The WCO doesn't limit a WR's patterns to short and intermediate routes. While there is an emphasis on the short-to-medium passing game, the WCO can go deep as well if it has the personnel and can exploit the matchups to do so.

#32 : January 02, 2007, 07:26:55 PM

Who the hell would trade for him  ??? The Raiders will probably cut him anyway.....would you fancy paying his 2007 salary:

2007 9.75 million
2008 11.25 million

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 02, 2007, 07:28:11 PM

Who the hell would trade for him  ??? The Raiders will probably cut him anyway.....would you fancy paying his 2007 salary:

2007 9.75 million
2008 11.25 million

Please read what I stated above: a trade would almost certainly involve a new contract.

#34 : January 02, 2007, 07:28:52 PM

2007 9.75 million
2008 11.25 million

About what Rice makes.

#35 : January 02, 2007, 07:31:20 PM

Thanks for the info DTG. Can anyone honestly say they're surprised? Gruden even said in his PC yesterday that they can take on a big contract in a trade due to the cap space.

#36 : January 02, 2007, 07:31:46 PM

2007 9.75 million
2008 11.25 million

About what Rice makes.

Rice is on 7.25 million next year.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#37 : January 02, 2007, 07:32:21 PM

Wouldn't it be something if the Bucs managed to in essence get Randy Moss in exchange for Booger.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 02, 2007, 07:32:36 PM

Agree that with Simms as a likely starter having Moss and JG would make the vertical game appealing. Hell it might even get that 8th man out of the box, and open up the running game

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 02, 2007, 07:33:51 PM

Agree that with Simms as a likely starter having Moss and JG would make the vertical game appealing. Hell it might even get that 8th man out of the box, and open up the running game

Ding!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 02, 2007, 07:34:16 PM

I would not mind seeing the BUcs sign the guy.

Just being honest here.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 02, 2007, 07:38:11 PM

If we do sign him I will 86 my draft CJ plan and join the Thomas bandwagon. It's amazing how much promise this offense will have just by adding two players.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#42 : January 02, 2007, 07:38:29 PM

Assuming the team trades for Moss, he would be a purely deep threat that can outjump/muscle DBs for the ball. Joey Galloway would be the secondary deep threat and do crossing patters as he is a playmaker in open space. Then you'd have  Stovall/Clayton as your big guys over the middle along with Smith. In a fantasy land, that would be a scary offense. Problem is, we don't know if Moss can play nice the the other people in the locker room. Don't know if Clayton will ever live up to his rookie campaign, and we don't know if Galloways age will catch up to him sooner than later.

Though I doubt it will happen, but if Simms is gonna be the starter next season, having Moss will certainly help him.

watson

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 02, 2007, 07:39:17 PM

Would the trading for Moss signal a modification of the WCO to a more vertical passing game? With Simm's strong suit being the long ball and having JG and RM both on the team I don't see how those qualities fit into the WCO. I don't remember seeing Moss do many crossing patterns in Minny....it was mostly the deep ball and out patterns.
DTG,
I know it has those patterns, but it would seem to indicate more of a leaning toward those types of patterns with players of that ilk.  And as was said above, it should definitely make the defense play with less players in the box.  It was interesting on Sunday to see them spread out the Seahawks and get more receivers in the patteren.  And it definitely gave Pitt some running lanes in the first half.  As fast a Caddy is, there's a chance he would have taken that first one to the house.

The WCO doesn't limit a WR's patterns to short and intermediate routes. While there is an emphasis on the short-to-medium passing game, the WCO can go deep as well if it has the personnel and can exploit the matchups to do so.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 02, 2007, 07:41:35 PM

Is there any info that he has been a problem in the locker room?  I know he has made some dumb statements about only running plays when he felt like it, but I had not heard anything about him in the lockerroom.  Was that the reason Minny got rid of him?

Truths:
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: News: The Buccaneers HAVE inquired about trading for Randy Moss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools