Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa a poor mans Titans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 20, 2008, 12:32:04 PM

Steven A smith on the other hand thinks that Tampa is a fluke

What's the only thing Steven A. loves more than Cheese Doodles?

Kobe Bean Bryant

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 20, 2008, 12:32:56 PM

lol biggs

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

fishman

Starter

#17 : October 20, 2008, 12:39:17 PM

Board members seem to get on and off the bandwagon fast in here. Tennessee is undefeated. We have two losses. You can say Tennessee hasn't played anybody but regardless they've yet to lose. We've done that twice already. It will be November at the earliest before that happens to Tennessee. We've got back to back road games coming up. We could easily have 3 to 4 losses by then. Sure, Dallas looks vulnerable. And KC has 1 win which happened to be against Denver at home.

The Bucs are doing well. I think they are further along than last year. But we still have many areas for improvement before I would call them an elite team. Dex Jackson is becoming a real concern is putting himself in a position to lose a game for us. I really think it's time to bench him. The offense is doing much better with Garcia but still lacks a consistent deep threat. Antonio Bryant was refreshing to see last night but we desperately need Galloway back and playing well. Last, the pass rush is there but the front 4 aren't getting sacks. Collectively, these areas can cost us games. Without a doubt though, Garcia's much improved play the last two weeks as compared to week 1 has shown the Bucs can certainly be a playoff team and with a little more growth, could be an elite team in this year's playoffs. I just don't think we are there yet where I'd put us #1 in the conference. I think the Giants deserve that spot. The #2 spot is up for grabs with teams like Dallas, Carolina, Washington and us chasing it. It makes this week's game very important.

Let's beat Dallas, win a KC game we're supposed to win and we'll be 7-2 at the bye. Then I think we can start talking about the possibility of a first round bye for the playoffs.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

MBF

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 20, 2008, 12:44:45 PM

Steven A smith on the other hand thinks that Tampa is a fluke

What's the only thing Steven A. loves more than Cheese Doodles?

Kobe Bean Bryant

Quite frankly, that picture is the greatest picture I have eva' seen. Even better than Slava Medvedenko.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 20, 2008, 12:46:58 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 20, 2008, 12:54:17 PM

Funny how people are sticking up for the Titans -- if the Bucs were 6-0 with half of their wins over Cincy (0-7), Houston (2-4), and Kansas City (1-5), they'd be dismissing their success because of a weak schedule...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 20, 2008, 12:55:18 PM

Titans have a big statement game coming up on Monday night.

Peyton comes to town

MBF

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 20, 2008, 12:57:23 PM

Funny how people are sticking up for the Titans -- if the Bucs were 6-0 with half of their wins over Cincy (0-7), Houston (2-4), and Kansas City (1-5), they'd be dismissing their success because of a weak schedule...
Sounds like last season...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 20, 2008, 12:58:58 PM

Sounds like last season...

Exactly.  Good memory.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 20, 2008, 01:11:02 PM

I think it's just going to be one of those years where every team has serious flaws. You're probably going to be able to say just as much bad as good about all the contenders, except maybe the Giants.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 20, 2008, 01:14:02 PM

I think it's just going to be one of those years where every team has serious flaws. You're probably going to be able to say just as much bad as good about all the contenders, except maybe the Giants.

Agreed.  Except for the Giants.  I believe they're very beatable.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 20, 2008, 01:17:46 PM

Agreed.  Except for the Giants.  I believe they're very beatable.
Everyone is beatable. I just think the Giants have the fewest major weaknesses.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 20, 2008, 01:17:52 PM

Bill Simmons did a good piece on the Titans, this season, etc...relates it back to '02 when Tampa won it all...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/nflpicks/081017

lec05010

Second String

#28 : October 20, 2008, 04:52:16 PM

Tampa would take Titans right about now.  My biggest worry would be Lendale the Whale.   Hes just humongous and a pain to tackle.  Forget Collins throwing the ball.  Chris Johnson would go nowhere with out backers.  On offense our interior line would be able to handle Haynesworth.  Finnegan is a great corner.  I would just stay away from him and distribute the ball away from his area.  I would not be too worried playing tennesee.  I dont see how tampa is a poor mans titans in anyway.  Take haynesworth, finnegan and bulluck out they have nothing.  Take gaines, ruud, and barber out were still a force to deal with.

#29 : October 20, 2008, 05:08:02 PM

Haynesworth is what makes their defense work. If we can stop him we can beat them easily.

We just can't allow him to control the line of scrimmage.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa a poor mans Titans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools