Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa a poor mans Titans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucsfan75

Rookie

#30 : October 20, 2008, 05:25:38 PM

Tampa would take Titans right about now.  My biggest worry would be Lendale the Whale.   Hes just humongous and a pain to tackle.  Forget Collins throwing the ball.  Chris Johnson would go nowhere with out backers.  On offense our interior line would be able to handle Haynesworth.  Finnegan is a great corner.  I would just stay away from him and distribute the ball away from his area.  I would not be too worried playing tennesee.  I dont see how tampa is a poor mans titans in anyway.  Take haynesworth, finnegan and bulluck out they have nothing.  Take gaines, ruud, and barber out were still a force to deal with.
Have you watched them play or seen highlights? They have the best D-Line in football and not just the 4 its the 8, They have a true solid 11 and trust me I watch them and the Bucs every Sunday. Johnson & White have the ability to run threw anybody. Collins is solid not Manning but not Gus. It'd be a great game hopefully this years Super Bowl but Id take the Titans in a close one. Peterson is the best back in the league and even the Bucs would give up a big one from him. So dont say that as an excuse. 

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 20, 2008, 05:59:03 PM

Wins over teams with winning records:

Bucs - 4
Titans - 0

Thank you..

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 20, 2008, 06:42:55 PM

Titans are no fluke.........there for real.  Fischer is a great coach.    Could it be Superbowl... Titans/Bucs ??

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 20, 2008, 06:47:31 PM

Titans are no fluke.........there for real.  Fischer is a great coach.    Could it be Superbowl... Titans/Bucs ??

Lets hope!!!

Capt Kidd

Starter
#34 : October 20, 2008, 07:04:54 PM

Titans are no fluke.........there for real. Fischer is a great coach. Could it be Superbowl... Titans/Bucs ??

Not dissin you, but...why does everyone insist that Fischer is a great coach? He's likeable, and steady but other than getting to the SB one year what has he done? What is this record that bestows on him the term "Great Coach". Personally I would describe him as steady and workman-like.

pewtergod

Second String

#35 : October 20, 2008, 07:20:48 PM

The freakin' weather??

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 20, 2008, 07:33:30 PM

Titans are no fluke.........there for real. Fischer is a great coach. Could it be Superbowl... Titans/Bucs ??

Not dissin you, but...why does everyone insist that Fischer is a great coach? He's likeable, and steady but other than getting to the SB one year what has he done? What is this record that bestows on him the term "Great Coach". Personally I would describe him as steady and workman-like.
If it means anything, he is the longest tenured coach with the same team... That say's something..

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 20, 2008, 07:34:54 PM

Fisher is generally given a pass for most of his bad years because former GM Floyd Reese had a habit of annihilating the salary cap and forcing them to compete with a borderline NFL Europe roster for a couple years while cleaning it up. Kind of like Gruden.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 20, 2008, 08:06:01 PM

Floyd is a better Tv guy than GM. And he aint that good on TV. Vince Young...need I say more?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 20, 2008, 09:21:51 PM

how would you describe gruden?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 20, 2008, 09:49:41 PM

A Super Bowl winner.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 20, 2008, 09:58:43 PM

A Super Bowl winner.

wow, thats the same description one would give brian billick.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 20, 2008, 10:03:17 PM

No. Brian Billick would be an unemployed Super Bowl winner. Unless you count Fox. But since they don't have a football team it feels right to me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 20, 2008, 10:09:56 PM

an unemployed coach with a better record than gruden...but my original point was that fisher is a pretty good coach.

#44 : October 21, 2008, 05:54:04 AM

Steven A doesnt know dyck about football, also, their team is different from many standpoints. Including philosophy on both sides of the ball
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa a poor mans Titans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools