Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac to Practice on Wednesday... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : October 20, 2008, 09:52:41 PM

I love EG and Dunn but pure running skills Caddy is nasty.

Nasty, u say? When I think of nasty running skills, I think LT, Portis, Jackson or "All Day". I wouldn't put Carnell in that class. Would you?

FYI.... i don't "Hate" the guy. I just don't think he's as great as some make him out to be. I was being serious with that question because I don't think he brings anything to the field that we can't get from Graham or Dunn. And they bring far more in the passing game.

Its all good though...... we can agree to disagree. This debate, while ongoing on this board, will be settled on the field.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 20, 2008, 09:57:37 PM

Nasty, u say? When I think of nasty running skills, I think LT, Portis, Jackson or "All Day". I wouldn't put Carnell in that class. Would you?

FYI.... i don't "Hate" the guy. I just don't think he's as great as some make him out to be. I was being serious with that question because I don't think he brings anything to the field that we can't get from Graham or Dunn. And they bring far more in the passing game.

Its all good though...... we can agree to disagree. This debate, while ongoing on this board, will be settled on the field.

Well I feel he does add another threat to this run game. He isn't LT or AP, not many RB's are though. He can only help with the mounting injuries in the backfield.

#32 : October 20, 2008, 09:58:29 PM

So you feel he immediately brings more to the field than Bennett.... who can't get a sniff?

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 20, 2008, 09:58:44 PM

He doesn't have to be to help us out.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 20, 2008, 09:58:52 PM

i'm a little concerned that we are rushing him back.  I'd rather see him take a redshirt year.  that being said, i'm definitely curious to see how he holds up in practice.  

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 20, 2008, 10:00:55 PM

So you feel he immediately brings more to the field than Bennett.... who can't get a sniff?

Definitely. If Bennett had anything the Bucs wanted we'd have used him by now. Bennett is just holding Caddy's roster spot until he gets back.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 20, 2008, 10:02:42 PM

so who do you deactivate?  is it graham or dunn?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 20, 2008, 10:03:19 PM

In his rookie season he was lighting in a bottle as he would see a whole and hit it hard and fast the two season after he was very tentative and was doing way too much dancing in the backfield, while he may have better vision and explosion in the running game compared to Dunn or Graham unless he improved his blitz reconigation and blitz pickup he is a two down back which would actually hurt the offense as with Graham and Dunn in the game teams have to do a little more guessing as to weather or not it is going to be run or pass where as with Williams in the game the chances are it is a running play

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 20, 2008, 10:04:48 PM

I know a lot of you aren't huge fans of his but my opinion he can do nothing but help us.

I beg to differ. All it takes is one missed blitz pickup by Caddy, which is totally inevitable, and Garcia may be hurt again. That would mean we're looking at Dr. Pick-6 again and then we'd struggle.

First of all thats a little extreme.

Second of all if thats the case then don't put him in that situation.

Give him 4 carries a game all on first or second down. Don't keep him in there to pass protect.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 20, 2008, 10:05:31 PM

At the moment, no, but if Caddy is 100% healthy no question.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 20, 2008, 10:05:46 PM

so who do you deactivate? �is it graham or dunn?

Neither.

Dexter Jackson.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 20, 2008, 10:05:56 PM

I trust that he's been doing more for the past 13 months than running steps.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#42 : October 20, 2008, 10:32:09 PM

Looking forward to seeing Caddy run behind this line.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#43 : October 20, 2008, 11:07:55 PM

It'd be great to have him back but I don't think this year he'll do much for us. After coming back from an injury like that I don't think he's going to be the same player he was his rookie year and that's what we want him to be.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 20, 2008, 11:49:14 PM

You don't wanna say that around here...lol

oh HE does.    ;)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac to Practice on Wednesday... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools