Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WINSLOW GETS FINED! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 21, 2008, 10:14:20 PM

I've never been a big fan of him personally, but you have to admit the guy has been a great player and a big reason for the success in Cleveland. 
He came out and publicly talked about a very serious issue dealing with staph infection in the Browns locker room and now he is being suspended one game for it.  Obviously there is more to this story than the Browns won't the public to know, and by fining him, they only raise more eyebrows towards the subject.
Romeo Crennel is a bad PR man and the Browns should be ashamed of themselves if what Winslow is saying is the truth.  No reason for him to lie, so I tend to believe him.  All I know is that let another player become infected with staph this season and the Browns will be in for it.
Not a good way to treat one of your superstars.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 21, 2008, 10:19:37 PM

He dissed the management, and you can't do that.  PERIOD.

He said he felt like a piece of "meat", and then brought in-house business to the public for whatever reason.  He can be frustrated, but if anyone can be called a bust, he is teetering the line...

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 21, 2008, 10:41:48 PM

He was whining about the GM did not call him in the hospitol or something...............seems like drama queen.   Just my $0.02

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 21, 2008, 10:43:57 PM

He was whining about the GM did not call him in the hospitol or something...............seems like drama queen. Just my $0.02
His whole career has been a disaster.

Wether it was his mouth (again), or his brains, or his inability ot stay healthy, he has been as close to BUST status as you can get.  He is unreliable, and not a consumate professional.  So in short, I agree with you.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 21, 2008, 10:54:50 PM

But when it comes to this, I have t side with Winslow.  Most if not every injury or problem is known as soon as possible.  Winslow had nothing to gain or lose by the public knowing he had a staph infection.  But the Browns who have had a ton of them didn't want it to get out because it is almost a freaking epidemic in that locker room!  It's obvious that something is wrong with that facility but the cheap owner doesn't want to pay to have it torn down and rebuilt which sounds like the only way to get rid of it.  You know they've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more, trying to sterilize that place.  They had too have shown something to correct it or the players wouldn't have gone back.  Now this...

I know Winslow is a jerk, but I think I side with him on this one.  The team didn't want it to come out not Winslow...Now Winslow, who we all know wants out ain't crazy and has used the situation to his favor.  And If I'm him, I appeal it and take their butts to task.  To me this was in no way being insubordinate.  His tone might have been but his words, I think, have to be taken seriously...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 21, 2008, 10:59:10 PM

But when it comes to this, I have t side with Winslow. Most if not every injury or problem is known as soon as possible. Winslow had nothing to gain or lose by the public knowing he had a staph infection. But the Browns who have had a ton of them didn't want it to get out because it is almost a freaking epidemic in that locker room! It's obvious that something is wrong with that facility but the cheap owner doesn't want to pay to have it torn down and rebuilt which sounds like the only way to get rid of it. You know they've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more, trying to sterilize that place. They had too have shown something to correct it or the players wouldn't have gone back. Now this...

I know Winslow is a jerk, but I think I side with him on this one. The team didn't want it to come out not Winslow...
Winslow had no reason to run his mouth...what good does it do him?

He can just take his issues to the bank when he decides to go to a better football team...ahem...you know you know?  I am sure BA can swing a deal for the troubled Winslow.  An incentive laden deal.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 21, 2008, 11:01:20 PM

They clearly have a problem there somewhere... way to many cases of staph

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 21, 2008, 11:04:32 PM

ROFL, 4 show now cuz I'll take him!!!  I've watched him since he was a freshman at the U.  The boy is the bomb.  He needs some guidiance.  I wonder what Kellen does or says, if anything.  

The only good it does him is to put the team in a bad light which if he had a staph infection they should be seen in a bad light.  Hey that is just unfreackingsanitary man!!!  You know, straight nastiness and you all up in there after you been cut and bruiesed all over the place.  Touch the freakin wall and now you infected!!! What kind of ka ka is that?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 21, 2008, 11:05:53 PM

ROFL, 4 show now cuz I'll take him!!!  I've watched him since he was a freshman at the U.  The boy is the bomb.  He needs some guidiance.  I wonder what Kellen does or says, if anything. 

The only good it does him is to put the team in a bad light which if he had a staph infection they should be seen in a bad light.  Hey that is just unfreackingsanitary man!!!  You know, straight nastiness and you all up in there after you been cut and bruiesed all over the place.  Touch the freakin wall and now you infected!!! What kind of ka ka is that?
LMAO!!

Hey...I am the guy who said Tac Nuke that facility...

Just get a few guys off the roster before you do!

(Joe Thomas and Winslow please...maybe Quinn and Bray-Ed)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 21, 2008, 11:09:08 PM

I'm an ex Air Force firefighter (4years at Elmendorf, AFB, for those of you who need it  ;))  I'll go in and save them two... ;D

#10 : October 21, 2008, 11:10:41 PM

Because of his silence, there was beginning to be speculation that he had an issue of a "personal nature".... so he had to speak up to squash the rumors.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 21, 2008, 11:11:37 PM

Workin ARFF here Chev.. moved from county wide ops to ARFF seven years ago...

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 21, 2008, 11:12:23 PM

Because of his silence, there was beginning to be speculation that he had an issue of a "personal nature".... so he had to speak up to squash the rumors.

"Personal nature" makes people think some bad things...I know i was.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 21, 2008, 11:14:49 PM

Yeah...but he got himself booted out of week 8 for letting the world know what they really did not need to know.

I mean, we as fans "need" to know, but I ain't losin' sleep over this matter, you know?

#14 : October 21, 2008, 11:19:55 PM

B-fink, i can't be mad at the guy. If that organization's negligence led to another staph infection within that building, then I'd be venting as well..... especially if they were pushing me to keep it hush-hush.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WINSLOW GETS FINED! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools