Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WINSLOW GETS FINED! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 21, 2008, 11:23:46 PM

B-fink, i can't be mad at the guy. If that organization's negligence led to another staph infection within that building, then I'd be venting as well..... especially if they were pushing me to keep it hush-hush.
Maybe he got staph from all the tats?

LOL

Prob with Winslow is that he has missed enough game because of his actions off the field, in matters that do not mattter, you know?  He needs to keep his trap shut, deal with his staph, and say sayonara as soon as possible.  It was obvious to most of us that the Browns facility was a dirthole anyway...

I am more mad at him for his conduct and action off the field.  I wish we could actually watch him play from year to year...he is talented, no doubt.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 21, 2008, 11:39:50 PM

B-fink, i can't be mad at the guy. If that organization's negligence led to another staph infection within that building, then I'd be venting as well..... especially if they were pushing me to keep it hush-hush.

LOL

Prob with Winslow is that he has missed enough game because of his actions off the field, in matters that do not mattter, you know? He needs to keep his trap shut, deal with his staph, and say sayonara as soon as possible. It was obvious to most of us that the Browns facility was a dirthole anyway...

I am more mad at him for his conduct and action off the field. I wish we could actually watch him play from year to year...he is talented, no doubt.

He got it from the toilet!!! ;D ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 21, 2008, 11:42:12 PM

LOL

Prob with Winslow is that he has missed enough game because of his actions off the field, in matters that do not mattter, you know? He needs to keep his trap shut, deal with his staph, and say sayonara as soon as possible. It was obvious to most of us that the Browns facility was a dirthole anyway...

I am more mad at him for his conduct and action off the field. I wish we could actually watch him play from year to year...he is talented, no doubt.

He got it from the toilet!!! ;D ;)
The "Browns[/size]" indeed!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 21, 2008, 11:43:58 PM

Boy he'd be a soldier in Pewter and Red...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Dominico

Starter

#19 : October 21, 2008, 11:48:47 PM

There were rumors going around that he had an STD and all sorts of nasty stuff. The Browns front office came out and said it was a personal issue that Winslow didn't want to discuss, instead of owning up to their problem.  I have never like Winslow, but they hung him out there to dry then told him to keep his mouth shut, I don't think thats right.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2008, 12:02:52 AM

www.rotoworld.com

Kellen Winslow-TE- Browns Oct. 21 - 11:33 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Kellen Winslow was shopped by the Browns before the trade deadline.

The public dispute between Winslow and the team is just one of the factors leading to the Pro Bowl tight end being dangled. He's also seeking a new contract while the Browns selected Martin Rucker in the 2008 draft as their future tight end. Combined with James Walker's ESPN report, it leads one to believe that the Browns will make Winslow available again this offseason.
Source: NFL.com 

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 22, 2008, 08:24:00 AM

Winslow has testicularis giganticus correct? How did he get a staph infection there? Was he doing a split against the wall in the weight room?

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 22, 2008, 08:45:40 AM

Winslow is 100% in the right in my opinion. Wouldn't you be a little pissed off too if your whole career was in jeopardy because your organisation is so retarded that its allowed now 6 staph infections in the last 3/4 years?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Booker

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 22, 2008, 09:09:12 AM

LOL at Boid. How is Kellen anywhere near bust status? He has had 1100 and 800 yard season. 80 catches plus in those seasons and  was their only contributer this season. So bust? COME ON

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 22, 2008, 09:28:49 AM

Right on Bookert.  I'll take that bust on my team all day long.  Does he have a bad attitude?  Sure.  So does half the players in the NFL, but in this case, he is right.  I look for him to appeal the decision.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 22, 2008, 10:36:55 AM

LOL at Boid. How is Kellen anywhere near bust status? He has had 1100 and 800 yard season. 80 catches plus in those seasons and was their only contributer this season. So bust? COME ON
Never said he was not talented.

And said he was near bust status because he has played in half the games (32 out of 64) inhis first four seasons.  You can't be a contributor from the tun in da club.  Period.  He has already missed more than half the games this year alone.  And while his numbers weer gaudy year 2 and 3, he was mos def the ONLY target the team had that was remotely close to scary.  Throw in some more players around him, and his numbers drop.  Well, they would if he were around to play...

LOLzzz...

Booker

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2008, 11:03:52 AM

Braylon Edwards, Jamal lewis? Joey J even

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 22, 2008, 11:58:23 AM

Braylon Edwards, Jamal lewis? Joey J even

Jamal Lewis has played one season with the Browns.  Derek Anderson has played one decent year, in which no team really had a foothold on how he plays, and that coincided with Winslows best season (and now Anderson stinks after a hot start).  Braylon looked mortal until last year as well.  In 06, he had less than 900 yards receiving...which averages out to 60 yards a game, roughly.  And Winslow needs to play MORE in order for him to not be considered a bust.  If the guy plays in half his career potential games, what else do you cal him?

Never said he was not talented.  But Club in Tub for a few more years, and he will have crossed ovder to bust status...simple as that.

And JJ is negligible.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 23, 2008, 11:42:48 AM

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1224750783296470.xml&coll=2

MBF

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 23, 2008, 11:47:47 AM

Derek Anderson has played one decent year, in which no team really had a foothold on how he plays, and that coincided with Winslows best season (and now Anderson stinks after a hot start).
Now that's not true, BornaBuc told me Anderson is an 'elite QB'.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WINSLOW GETS FINED! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools