Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why cant the Bulls win against mediocre Big East teams? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: October 25, 2008, 07:49:20 PM

They beat Kansas which is a good team. They beat teams like Auburn last year.

But when they face mediocre Big East teams, they look like crap.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#1 : October 25, 2008, 08:19:19 PM

Coaching. In BE games, like PITT and Louisville this season, and Rutgers and UConn last season, they have been clearly outcoached. USF looked sloppy and unprepared today and it happens too often.  They get away with it when playing teams like Syracuse, Tennessee-Martin, FIU, etc. because their talent is way beyond those teams. But when they face any decent competition the poor coaching shows up.

Leavitt needs to clean house with some coaches, starting with Gregory. If that clown keeps his job next year, it will be a travesty. If Leavitt, aka USF's Dungy, won't make the necessary coaching changes, then maybe he needs to be replaced down the road. It will take a while, since he is the face of USF football, but if the team keeps underachieving for a few more seasons, i wouldn't be surprised to see a new HC brought in.

And I might argue that Kansas isn't that great of a team. They got steamrolled by Texas Tech today.  USF really hasn't faced any major competition this year. They have had an easy schedule and it's a shame they've struggled as much as they have.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 12, 2008, 08:33:36 PM

I agree that Leavitt needs a new Oc or it may be big Phil Fulmer at USF

swirless

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 15, 2008, 12:38:04 PM

USF offense is pathetic they have 3 big time running backs in Ford, Plancher, and Taylor and they cannot come up with a better offense than the crap they roll out there each week, pathetic

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 15, 2008, 03:09:59 PM

They are and always have been a poorly coached football team.  The defense shows big time with the loss of Moffitt and the two CBs.

The offense has always been predicated on how well the QB does.

The Jim Leavitt era may have to come to end in the next year or so if this team is going to move beyond middle of the road Big East team.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 15, 2008, 03:56:11 PM

USF is a false charade.  Kenny Britt from Rutgers with 8 catches for 173 yards. ::) I knew this guy was going to crush them.  He may be someone the Bucs need to look at.

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : November 15, 2008, 04:06:13 PM

The coach is a clown.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 15, 2008, 06:14:13 PM

They run the worst offense is college football, they have good players and they do not use them wisely fire leavitt hire fulmer

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 16, 2008, 08:49:21 AM

You guys are funny.

False charade?  Coach is a clown?  Fire Leavitt ... hire Fulmer? 

Thye look like crap in all aspects of the game right now, but teams are going to have down seasons.   His seat is getting warmer now though, that's for sure.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 17, 2008, 12:28:46 PM

I don't mind having a down season if there is light at the end of the tunnel but I see no light, that offense again is pathetic, grothe is so overrated to put that much on his shoulders is ridiculous, get a balanced offense not the crap they throw out there

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 17, 2008, 02:45:04 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "overated" in regards to Grothe.  The fact that the OC puts the whole offense on him isn't really his fault.

Maybe if Canales gets the Utah State gig he'll take Gregory (and his son) with him.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/17/usf-assistant-among-top-candidates-utah-state-job/

bucngators15

Starter
#11 : November 18, 2008, 10:34:04 AM

OVERRATED DU DU DU DU DU OVERRATED DU DU DU DU DUUU

Whoever Said, " Its not whether you LOSE or WIN that counts.... PROBALY LOST

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 18, 2008, 10:35:26 AM

Hey, welcome back 'tard.  Thanks for the input.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 18, 2008, 05:22:03 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "overated" in regards to Grothe.  The fact that the OC puts the whole offense on him isn't really his fault.

Maybe if Canales gets the Utah State gig he'll take Gregory (and his son) with him.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/17/usf-assistant-among-top-candidates-utah-state-job/

USU gig is the worst in football. Stupid if he takes it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 18, 2008, 06:02:19 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "overated" in regards to Grothe. The fact that the OC puts the whole offense on him isn't really his fault.

USU gig is the worst in football. Stupid if he takes it.

Please.  I doubt Canales has people knocking down his door for his services and I believe the article said it's his alma mater.  He'll get to be a HC and get a nice pay raise I'm sure ... take it in a heart beat.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why cant the Bulls win against mediocre Big East teams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools