Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why cant the Bulls win against mediocre Big East teams? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 18, 2008, 08:46:23 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "overated" in regards to Grothe. The fact that the OC puts the whole offense on him isn't really his fault.

Maybe if Canales gets the Utah State gig he'll take Gregory (and his son) with him.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/17/usf-assistant-among-top-candidates-utah-state-job/

USU gig is the worst in football. Stupid if he takes it.

Please.  I doubt Canales has people knocking down his door for his services and I believe the article said it's his alma mater.  He'll get to be a HC and get a nice pay raise I'm sure ... take it in a heart beat.

and 2, 1 win seasons and unemployed for life. I went to school with their QB, so I follow them, theyve been bad for years and wont be good for a long time.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 18, 2008, 09:24:31 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "overated" in regards to Grothe. The fact that the OC puts the whole offense on him isn't really his fault.

Maybe if Canales gets the Utah State gig he'll take Gregory (and his son) with him.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/17/usf-assistant-among-top-candidates-utah-state-job/

Please. I doubt Canales has people knocking down his door for his services and I believe the article said it's his alma mater. He'll get to be a HC and get a nice pay raise I'm sure ... take it in a heart beat.

and 2, 1 win seasons and unemployed for life. I went to school with their QB, so I follow them, theyve been bad for years and wont be good for a long time.

He can go back to being a WR coach with no problem.   It's not even a question if it is actually more money (which I am sure it is).   He's not going to have many chances to be a HC.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 18, 2008, 09:39:35 PM

Please. I doubt Canales has people knocking down his door for his services and I believe the article said it's his alma mater. He'll get to be a HC and get a nice pay raise I'm sure ... take it in a heart beat.

He can go back to being a WR coach with no problem.   It's not even a question if it is actually more money (which I am sure it is).   He's not going to have many chances to be a HC.

well I think long term you will make more being a OC or DC then HC at a school like USU

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 18, 2008, 09:57:26 PM

Depends on where you're an OC at for one and this guy probably isn't going anywhere special.  Besides it's alma mater and he's not getting too many chances.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 21, 2008, 10:45:20 AM

I don't know, but their rather pathetic play really irks me.  USF should dominate that conference.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 22, 2008, 10:26:44 PM

Reading too much of their press clippings and do not know how to handle success?  What exactly is their offensive scheme?  Plus you got a mini-Gradkowski in their QB who thinks he is a NFL type player - please you would be lucky to make Arena Football.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 23, 2008, 04:15:58 AM

Reading too much of their press clippings and do not know how to handle success?  What exactly is their offensive scheme?  Plus you got a mini-Gradkowski in their QB who thinks he is a NFL type player - please you would be lucky to make Arena Football.
I guess your team lost. ::)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 23, 2008, 10:16:55 AM

Reading too much of their press clippings and do not know how to handle success? What exactly is their offensive scheme? Plus you got a mini-Gradkowski in their QB who thinks he is a NFL type player - please you would be lucky to make Arena Football.

Ridiculous.  Clueless you are. 

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 23, 2008, 04:57:27 PM

Clueless - yeah because USF is all that right?  PLEASE if I was so clueless why would this even be a thread.  USF may have risen fast but they peaked and they think they are better than they are - the proof is in the games!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2008, 06:02:44 PM

I don't think anyone over there is thinking they are all that good right now.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 23, 2008, 06:24:32 PM

Clueless - yeah because USF is all that right? PLEASE if I was so clueless why would this even be a thread. USF may have risen fast but they peaked and they think they are better than they are - the proof is in the games!
Who said they were "all that"?  You're clueless as to why they are struggling.  Period.  Now run along with your haterade.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 25, 2008, 09:28:09 AM

Honestly though, does anyone think Grothe should be concerning himself with the NFL? 

No.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 25, 2008, 12:47:58 AM

Honestly though, does anyone think Grothe should be concerning himself with the NFL? 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 25, 2008, 10:13:56 AM

I don't see it ..... but it doesn't hurt to check, I guess. He should have tap danced around it when asked about it, though.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 25, 2008, 11:18:07 AM

If the Bulls can get another Win off of WVU that would go a long looong way.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why cant the Bulls win against mediocre Big East teams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools