Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why cant the Bulls win against mediocre Big East teams? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 25, 2008, 01:35:04 PM

Honestly though, does anyone think Grothe should be concerning himself with the NFL?

No, but as BBB said it doesn't hurt anything to check it out. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 25, 2008, 04:01:31 PM

If the Bulls can get another Win off of WVU that would go a long looong way.

I'm not sure it would mean that much unless you're talking about getting a better bowl than St Pete ...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 25, 2008, 04:03:39 PM

They're going to St. Pete no matter what, but it would make the season look better to be 3-4 in the conference and end on back to back W's.  It would also be great to see WVU fan complain for another year until we meet again.   ;D

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 25, 2008, 04:13:53 PM

They're going to St. Pete no matter what, but it would make the season look better to be 3-4 in the conference and end on back to back W's.  It would also be great to see WVU fan complain for another year until we meet again.   ;D

Yeah, I thought they were pretty much a lock for the Trop, which is probably the best thing for them this year...... and a win at WVU would be nice but I just didn't think it would "go a long looong way".

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 25, 2008, 04:57:49 PM

Oh I think it would.  It's not like beating Cinci eh sorry lil puke in the mouth there, not like beating Pitt oh man sorry that keeps happening.

Srsly, in conference win vs the team most folks think of as the best if not clearly the best in the league and you all don't think that goes a long looong way?  It's they're only chance to salvage anything decent out of this season.  Otherwise what are you fans looking at?  the Win vs Kansas?  Beating UCF? 

For me it goes from something like "Wholly crap, they sucked beyond all possible belief this year. How did they ever even beat lowly Kansas? I have to wonder if the other year wasn't a total fluke. I don't see where they're going to get better next year, and I"m not looking forward to paying to see another year full of losses.  Not to mention they keep eff'n with the schedule because the BE wants that TV money instead of catering the the local fans like they should and playing a bunch of Saturday Night games. Are they really going to be able to recruit if they can't beat f'n cinci or pitt or wvu. Not only are they not the class of the BE like I believe they should be, but they're a bottom dweller,"  to something more like, "Hell yeah still got that W over the stink'n 'neers. Maybe that skid was just some bad luck. The rest of the BE isn't too good, Bulls got a chance every year. Instead of backing into this joke of a bowl game they're charging into it and the extra practices should help down the line.  I hope they schedule more Saturday Night games. Go Bulls!"  .... goes a long looong way with me.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 25, 2008, 05:03:13 PM

Oh I think it would.  It's not like beating Cinci eh sorry lil puke in the mouth there, not like beating Pitt oh man sorry that keeps happening.

Srsly, in conference win vs the team most folks think of as the best if not clearly the best in the league and you all don't think that goes a long looong way?  It's they're only chance to salvage anything decent out of this season.  Otherwise what are you fans looking at?  the Win vs Kansas?  Beating UCF? 

For me it goes from something like "Wholly crap, they sucked beyond all possible belief this year. How did they ever even beat lowly Kansas? I have to wonder if the other year wasn't a total fluke. I don't see where they're going to get better next year, and I"m not looking forward to paying to see another year full of losses.  Not to mention they keep eff'n with the schedule because the BE wants that TV money instead of catering the the local fans like they should and playing a bunch of Saturday Night games. Are they really going to be able to recruit if they can't beat f'n cinci or pitt or wvu. Not only are they not the class of the BE like I believe they should be, but they're a bottom dweller,"  to something more like, "Hell yeah still got that W over the stink'n 'neers. Maybe that skid was just some bad luck. The rest of the BE isn't too good, Bulls got a chance every year. Instead of backing into this joke of a bowl game they're charging into it and the extra practices should help down the line.  I hope they schedule more Saturday Night games. Go Bulls!"  .... goes a long looong way with me.

Ok, Ok .... I'll give you a "long" way, just not a"looong" way.  ;)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 25, 2008, 06:41:28 PM

Honestly though, does anyone think Grothe should be concerning himself with the NFL?

Unless he is more concerned with that than focusing on winning for USF. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 25, 2008, 08:32:35 PM

Unless he is more concerned with that than focusing on winning for USF.

I don't see why he would be any more focused on the NFL than any other college football player with that as a dream.  And he's not going to impress many NFL scouts with 3 picks against mediocre defenses.  He's not going pro next year so I could care less whether he listens to the eval or not.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 25, 2008, 08:33:30 PM

Ok, Ok .... I'll give you a "long" way, just not a"looong" way. ;)

I'm not reading that dissertation so I'll take your word for it.   ;)

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 26, 2008, 01:21:02 PM

Thanks.... kill 'em with content!

I told you all I was a bigger college fan. I could run on for days.... I got to try to control that.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 26, 2008, 03:27:03 PM

Ok, Ok .... I'll give you a "long" way, just not a"looong" way. ;)

I'm not reading that dissertation[/i] so I'll take your word for it.   ;)

Are you kidding me?? That was a Cliff Notes post when compared to some of the verbose ones in here ...... and over on the Cove.

A win would be a bit of a morale boost going into next year, assuming they beat whatever chump team they play in the magicJACK.com Bowl ... but there are so many senior starters graduating I'm not even sure it will be that big a boost..... so I'll change my assessment to "lng" way.  8)

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 26, 2008, 04:28:43 PM

I think that they have enough players to staying to be better next season.  A lot will depend on how the Oline comes together because that seems to be the position that will most be affected by the senior class. 

We have to realize that the coaching staff is going to show respect to the departing upper classmen that helped build the program.  However, the fact remains that these seniors were signed while we were still playing in CUSA or our first season in the Big East.  The tallent level should continue to increase.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 01, 2008, 10:51:21 AM

Hit that recruiting trail! 

I'm tired of looking at all these programs with a quarter or more of their starting Os and Ds being made up of kids from Florida that are often better then the guys on the Florida teams. ....  UCF and USF need to help lock down Florida Talent and I think FSU might need better scouting... not exactly sure what's going wrong there.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why cant the Bulls win against mediocre Big East teams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools