Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac isn't even getting treatment « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Larry Brackins

Starter
: September 30, 2006, 12:20:50 AM

From the St. Pete Times today.....

CADDY OKAY? There has been speculation about the condition of running back Cadillac Williams, but Williams reiterated Wednesday that he is healthy and his back is not a problem.

"I've been hearing a lot of talk," Williams said. "(Trainer Todd Toriscelli) came to me and said (people) are speculating that my back is really jacked up. Like I told Todd, I don't even go to treatment anymore for my back. I don't know where (people) get off saying my back is really messed up. The yards are not there, but I go out there and carry the ball 19 times (against Carolina). I'm practicing. I don't understand."

The rumors began after Williams' Week 1 struggles with back spasms and have persisted with his inability to return to his form of 2005.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/28/B..._definite.shtml

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 30, 2006, 12:28:32 AM

good news

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2006, 12:33:20 AM

Why isn't this a suprise?

He keeps saying over and over, that he isn't hurt.  Got to take his word for it man. 8)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 30, 2006, 12:35:07 AM

Let's hope he really isn't injured.  I seem to recall that he tried to hide his injury last year, didn't he?

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 30, 2006, 12:52:42 AM

I hope he's okay, we need him now more than ever.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 30, 2006, 01:24:23 AM

He's the key to Gradkowski having early success ... I hope his back is healthy, cause he's gonna have to carry the team on it [his back].  If he struggles, this team [including Gradkowski] will struggle.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : September 30, 2006, 01:55:16 AM

He said he had shoe problems last year that caused problems. So this year he had ones custom made @ Nike. I think he needs to get the old ones back from Canton! ;)

calehawkins

Second String

#7 : September 30, 2006, 07:10:55 AM

Ya, what is up with Caddy. He hasn't even had a 100 yard game and only has one touchdown on the season. What are we not doing that we did in Minnesota, Buffalo, and Green Bay last year???

cwood24

Second String

#8 : September 30, 2006, 07:40:51 AM

so duemig is wrong?  impossible!  ;D

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 30, 2006, 08:00:18 AM

Ya, what is up with Caddy. He hasn't even had a 100 yard game and only has one touchdown on the season. What are we not doing that we did in Minnesota, Buffalo, and Green Bay last year???

Baltimore, Atlanta, and Carolina, are not Minnesota, Buffalo, and Green Bay. I hate to say this but, Simms isn't Griese either. The biggest factor, other than the teams we have played, is Gruden not giving Cadillac 30+ carries per game. I'm guessing that strategy is about to change. Where is Fonoti and what kind of shape is he in? ;)

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#10 : September 30, 2006, 08:19:55 AM

Still waiting for his first 100yd rushing performance...he's killing my fantasy season so far :P

superbuc

Practice Squad
#11 : September 30, 2006, 11:30:41 AM

Baltimore, Atlanta, and Carolina, are not Minnesota, Buffalo, and Green Bay. I hate to say this but, Simms isn't Griese either. The biggest factor, other than the teams we have played, is Gruden not giving Cadillac 30+ carries per game. I'm guessing that strategy is about to change. Where is Fonoti and what kind of shape is he in? ;)

I see where you're going with this.  I think it falls on Gruden, Simms (b/c of his poor start - and I like him/want him to succeed) and the OL.

I think it mostly falls on Gruden.  In the first 2 games especially we went away from the run with about 3 quarters in each game left.  I'm not a WCO fan.  To be a smash mouth team, you have to tell your team that's what you are so they'll develop a mentality of moving folks off the ball and keeping the chains moving methodically down the field.  Gruden has the WCO so ingrained he won't go away from it.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 30, 2006, 12:06:27 PM

I hope so much that is not just some big smokescreen by the Bucs.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 30, 2006, 11:58:49 PM

But that couldn't POSSIBLY have to do with the fact that Simms' ineptitude made this a one-dimensional offense so opposing D's did NOTHING but focus on Caddy?  Hard to run when everyone knows that'st the ONLY thing you can do...

Gawd, my use of caps sounds like peace...

calehawkins

Second String

#14 : October 01, 2006, 06:31:25 AM

Griese was doing good for them last season before he was injured- why was he released in the first place. He was a heck of a lot better than Simms (at least so far). I'm not saying we should trade Chicago for him, I'm just wondering why he was released. Their QB stable would be better with Griese, Simms, and Gradkowski.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac isn't even getting treatment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools