Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama lands Saban!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 04, 2007, 11:35:55 PM

Leave LSU for the Dolphins - OK I can see it as you are going to the pros but to leave LSU and go to Alabama - that is like leaving college and going to Pee-Wee football.

#16 : January 04, 2007, 11:36:42 PM

Oh  boy....this isn't going to turn out well...

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 04, 2007, 11:58:37 PM

Saban is just a man who is never happy as he even stated he never wanted to go to the NFL so if he was so against he the only reason he did it was for the money.  Remember how he left Michigan State?  In the middle of the night and now this.  He can sit here and talk character all he wants but if he is sitting in my house trying to recruit my son I bust his balls on being a two-faced LIAR.  I am not even a Dolphins or LSU fan but this is just wrong.  Here's to hoping Alabama is always Auburn's little girl and here's to hoping LSU and Florida State puts a butt whoopin on Nicky-boy that he never forgets.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 05, 2007, 07:07:53 AM

Saban is just a man who is never happy as he even stated he never wanted to go to the NFL so if he was so against he the only reason he did it was for the money. Remember how he left Michigan State? In the middle of the night and now this. He can sit here and talk character all he wants but if he is sitting in my house trying to recruit my son I bust his balls on being a two-faced LIAR. I am not even a Dolphins or LSU fan but this is just wrong. Here's to hoping Alabama is always Auburn's little girl and here's to hoping LSU and Florida State puts a butt whoopin on Nicky-boy that he never forgets.
Leave LSU for the Dolphins - OK I can see it as you are going to the pros but to leave LSU and go to Alabama - that is like leaving college and going to Pee-Wee football.
LOL

How short some of our memories are........

How was LSU doing prior to Saban's arrival??

You're a freaking **CENSORED**bag.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 05, 2007, 07:17:21 AM

Saban is just a man who is never happy as he even stated he never wanted to go to the NFL so if he was so against he the only reason he did it was for the money. Remember how he left Michigan State? In the middle of the night and now this. He can sit here and talk character all he wants but if he is sitting in my house trying to recruit my son I bust his balls on being a two-faced LIAR. I am not even a Dolphins or LSU fan but this is just wrong. Here's to hoping Alabama is always Auburn's little girl and here's to hoping LSU and Florida State puts a butt whoopin on Nicky-boy that he never forgets.
Saban is still going to be a top recruiter, and if you think otherwise, then you are almost as stupid a your "Auburn's little girl" statement makes you look. Now we just added the best recruiter of 2005 to our coaching staff to work with Saban

Funny how Auburn's recent success against Bama coincides with the most tarnished era of Bama football that anyone alive can remember. Let me know when Auburn wins a title.

Bama beats the crap out of FSU next, and if you think otherwise, you are fooling yourself.

Funny how there seem to be so many Bama haters coming out of the woodwork. I guess jealousy rears it's ugly head in the most opportune times. Unfortunately for **CENSORED**bag's like Samari, that time is OVER, and Bama will be back to competing for the nation's best conference title.

Here's to Bama being back on top.

Roll Tide Roll!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 06, 2007, 01:10:36 AM

the only thing Bama has been rolling is toilet paper so good luck Auburn's little girls

#21 : January 06, 2007, 01:15:11 AM

Shula still sucks.Even if Saban is around for 3 years I'd say Bama will be 100 times better than 3 years under Shula.

T

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 06, 2007, 12:52:32 PM

Matthewbug-I'd reply to your posts but I don't respect or respond to posters who have to result to personal insult, to reply to previous post. There's always better ways to state a point of view than resulting to personal insults.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 07, 2007, 04:21:44 AM

Matthewbug-I'd reply to your posts but I don't respect or respond to posters who have to result to personal insult, to reply to previous post. There's always better ways to state a point of view than resulting to personal insults.
Think I give a $hit if you respond or not?? BTW what you just did was RESPOND.

We landed our coach. We are assembling the best coaching group in football. You said that we weren't a top program and nobody would want to coach us. Instead, we landed our #1 choice. You look stupid, and are going to nitpick that choice.

Don't feel bad because you were WRONG.

It could be worse. You could be Runole, and be trying to tell everyone about how Saban still gets paid in full even if he quits.

You were wrong, but didn't show near the stupidity of Runole.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : January 23, 2007, 08:26:10 PM

Looks liek they are rubbing Marve the wrong way:

From TBO:

TIDE ROLLING THE WRONG WAY: There is a right way to recruit Marve and a wrong way.

Alabama may have figured out the wrong way.

The Crimson Tide picked up a verbal commitment from San Antonio (Texas) Churchill High quarterback Nick Fanuzzi, who had previously committed to Miami, on Monday. Fanuzzi visited Alabama last weekend and left believing Alabama would be the perfect fit for him.

However, Alabama also was actively recruiting Marve, who is committed to the same school, but Coach Nick Saban did not tell Marve he was looking for another quarterback. In fact, Marve was never informed about Fanuzzi's commitment from a member of Alabama's staff. The customary gesture is for a college to tell a committed recruit when it plans to bring in another player who will compete for the same position.

"Everybody does things differently in terms of recruiting, and that's the way they [Alabama] chose to play it. I probably would have played it different than that, and certainly would have done it in a more tactful way, but that was their choice," Plant football coach Robert Weiner said. "A lot of things happen during the pressure situations of recruiting, and the one thing I've tried to teach Robert through this process is this a cut-throat business, and people don't always do things with honesty and integrity, but from our end, we will always be up front."

"I don't see it [Marve visiting other schools] as breach of commitment. There was no flux for what he was going to do. He was committed to Alabama and Mike Shula, and he never looked at another school, but they are no longer there. He was still committed to Alabama. He was going to the dance and planned to dance with the girl he bought there, but things changed."

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 24, 2007, 11:45:19 AM

Looks liek they are rubbing Marve the wrong way:

From TBO:

TIDE ROLLING THE WRONG WAY: There is a right way to recruit Marve and a wrong way.

Alabama may have figured out the wrong way.

The Crimson Tide picked up a verbal commitment from San Antonio (Texas) Churchill High quarterback Nick Fanuzzi, who had previously committed to Miami, on Monday. Fanuzzi visited Alabama last weekend and left believing Alabama would be the perfect fit for him.

However, Alabama also was actively recruiting Marve, who is committed to the same school, but Coach Nick Saban did not tell Marve he was looking for another quarterback. In fact, Marve was never informed about Fanuzzi's commitment from a member of Alabama's staff. The customary gesture is for a college to tell a committed recruit when it plans to bring in another player who will compete for the same position.

"Everybody does things differently in terms of recruiting, and that's the way they [Alabama] chose to play it. I probably would have played it different than that, and certainly would have done it in a more tactful way, but that was their choice," Plant football coach Robert Weiner said. "A lot of things happen during the pressure situations of recruiting, and the one thing I've tried to teach Robert through this process is this a cut-throat business, and people don't always do things with honesty and integrity, but from our end, we will always be up front."

"I don't see it [Marve visiting other schools] as breach of commitment. There was no flux for what he was going to do. He was committed to Alabama and Mike Shula, and he never looked at another school, but they are no longer there. He was still committed to Alabama. He was going to the dance and planned to dance with the girl he bought there, but things changed."

LOL....... This is funny.

Marve doesn't want to be at Bama anymore. He wanted to play for Shula. When we fired Shula, he started shopping around, as did Bama. Weiner's an idiot. Marve was on TV not even a week ago wearing a Miami hat, and some ugly a$$ Miami shoes. Maybe if Marve was still committed to Bama, he would say, during interviews, that HE WAS STILL COMMITTED TO BAMA. That is something that he hasn't emphatically stated since the Shula firing, and honestly, I don't think that Saban is all that enamored with Marve. Why else would he go out and get Fanuzzi?

I wish Marve didn't change his mind, but life goes on, and I like Fanuzzi a lot. I wish Marve the best, but in light of the Shula firing, it became apparent that marve was committed to Shula, and not Alabama.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 24, 2007, 04:13:54 PM

Looks like Marve may end up at Miami.  Uh Oh UF Miami just might be turned around the time UF agreed to play them again.

Time to drop them from the schedule as soon as Marve signs his letter intent with Miami. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : January 26, 2007, 02:24:25 PM

Yeah, that's it Runole!

If we wanted Marve, we would have went after him.

We have arguably the best QB class in the Nation.  We have the top QB from last year.  I don't think we are concerned about Marve in Miami.

Hey, Urban can't recruit defense right?  That's whatyou said.  Funny because we have 3 top DL committs this year, the top WLB, and several other high rated defensive players already committed or in serious consideration.  This to go along with another top flight offensive class as well.  I think we are ok, but thanks for your concern.

By the way, how is FSU doing with recruits?
Runole's comments this year:

Florida wouldn't be very good this year (won the NC), FSU would beat UF (UF won 3rd in a row), FSU would be better than UF (NC to unranked), Urban can't bring in defensive players (top flight class), Urban's offense is HS and won't work in the SEC (SECT, NC) so far in just 2 years.  You care to be wrong about anything else?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : May 25, 2007, 04:49:03 PM

Looks like Saban is up to his old tricks:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/05/24/saban.violations.ap/index.html

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 27, 2007, 01:36:57 AM

Looks like Marve may end up at Miami. Uh Oh UF Miami just might be turned around the time UF agreed to play them again.

Time to drop them from the schedule as soon as Marve signs his letter intent with Miami.

OK, time to set the record straight.
The only reason Miami is not on UFs schedule is $$$
In order to schedule Miami means giving up a home game which is a 90,000+ sellout. In the past UF tried to work out a neutral field arrangement and Miami rejected it.  You see with a home and away setup like we have with FSU, Miami gets a sellout at home every other year. But unlike FSU, Miami doesn't get that many sellouts and a UF game would be a sellout with about 70% UF fans.

The issue was always "What does UM bring to the table". Strengthening of schedule-not really-when you already play one of the 5 toughest schedules of all 350+ div one teams how much tougher can it get? National exposure, already got it. TV money, OK, but UM wanted a home and away arrangement with the home team getting a larger chunk of the money. So every other year UF brings a sellout to UM and they get a TV windfall on top of it. UF has to share all TV money with the SEC even non conference games, UM not so much.

When Steve Spurrier was hired he stated he had 5 goals, Win the SEC, Put real grass at Florida Field, Beat FSU consistently, expand the stadium, and put Miami back on the schedule. He achieved 3.5 of his goals (Beat FSU, he did better than his predecessors, but didn't achieve consistency). When he reviewed what was involved in the UM situation, he backed down/gave up on that goal.

Basically, UM wants UF to fill their stadium and coffers for them in exchange for nothing. UF can sell out every year playing Northwest-southeast MidWestern.  Florida is willing to discuss a neutral site and split the money arrangement but UM thinks they can do better. So screw them. UM can go on selling out 3 or 4 games a year, while we sell every freakin game to the max. We got UT, LSU. Auburn, SC, UGA and hopefully in the future a (return to)quality FSU, plus a possible SEC Champ. Game. Who else (outside the SEC) can bast a schedule that tough.

Runole, as an FSU fan don't you get aggravated that FSU is consistently subsidizing UM by giving them a Home sellout, every other year, where 70% of the tickets sold are to FSU fans. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama lands Saban!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools