Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where any of you callers yesterday? « previous next »
Page: 1

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: October 12, 2006, 08:48:18 AM

Yesterday on Buccaneer Blitz there were two callers that had me completely dumbfounded.  If there people that called in are members of this site I would like to recommend that you begin subscribing to pewterreport as soon as possible.  The callers that I am talking about called in towards the end of the show.  One caller actually said that the reason Booger isn't playing well is because the S's are playing so bad.  Does this guy even watch football?  How can the S play determine how good or bad Booger plays?  In the Tampa D the position Booger one of the most important position on the D and plays a major roll in the whole D.  The other caller actually believed that Mahan is the slowest Olineman that we have and said that Gruden should know this and use other people across the line to pull instead of him.  Now this guy must really know his football.  I mean its not like the Bucs consider Mahan to be a better C because he cant pull and is better when just getting off the ball and manhandling his defender.  You could tell that SR and Dumig wanted to just laugh at these guys but couldn't, maybe next week people that actually know football will call into the show.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 12, 2006, 09:57:54 AM

I didn't get to catch the blitz but will once the podcast is up. Can't wait to hear SR blast Booger........

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 12, 2006, 10:02:20 AM

The best part about that was that it felt as if he was speaking for all of us.  It seemed like Dumig couldn't believ what he was hearing at first but he agreed with everything.  SR called Booger out for not making an attempt to tackle Duce but said that Booger did fill his gap and that it was Hovan that blew his gap.  I believe it was the same caller that was standing up for Booger and blaming the S's said that SR should cut Booger a break because he did his job and that it was Hovan that didn't do his.  The thing is that if Hovan was fighting his guy off and got pushed out of his gap Booger gets paid to make that play not let him run by.  I am going to have to relisten to it because some of the callers threw me off with their expert analysis.

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 12, 2006, 11:09:24 AM

The best part about that was that it felt as if he was speaking for all of us. It seemed like Dumig couldn't believ what he was hearing at first but he agreed with everything. SR called Booger out for not making an attempt to tackle Duce but said that Booger did fill his gap and that it was Hovan that blew his gap. I believe it was the same caller that was standing up for Booger and blaming the S's said that SR should cut Booger a break because he did his job and that it was Hovan that didn't do his. The thing is that if Hovan was fighting his guy off and got pushed out of his gap Booger gets paid to make that play not let him run by. I am going to have to relisten to it because some of the callers threw me off with their expert analysis.
BEU,
I listened yesterday and you are so right.  Some of the callers inputs were just laughable. 

Did you stick around for Derrick Brook's show at 6:00?  If yes, did you catch the tense way he talked about the defense getting called out?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2006, 11:13:45 AM

BEU,
I listened yesterday and you are so right. Some of the callers inputs were just laughable.

Did you stick around for Derrick Brook's show at 6:00? If yes, did you catch the tense way he talked about the defense getting called out?

I missed it, could you elaborate on that? Was he pissed about being called out????

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2006, 11:28:10 AM

Watson, I didn't get a chance to listen to the DB show.  I can only imagine how he felt about that but anybody that watched the games or the tape knows what happened.  Like keepon asked could you please elaborate a little more on the subject for those of us that did listen for whatever reason?

watson

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 12, 2006, 11:46:20 AM

Here is what I got from the show:

First, he sounded a little upset about the comments being made by JG about the defense.  It was not what was being said, but the fact that it was said in the press.  He said that there was nothing being said that they hadn't said about themselves and a lot worse.  He said that they got yelled at pretty good on the sidelines in the first half and again at half time and that they had a good second half where they gave up only 90 total yards.

Then he said that it was not the coaches fault, their ages or the scheme that was causing their problems.  He said all they needed to do was do their jobs and play the defense the way the know they can and things would turn around.  He indicated that lots of changes would not help.

He said that they (the Bucs) had discussed their problems and that they were all aware that they couldn't get the first quarter back and are looking to get back to winning first and then worry about their record.

The last thing he said was that all the fans that were jumping off the band wagon should stay off and not come back trying to get back on when they start winning again.  He thanked the real fans for sticking with them and for being behind them.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : October 12, 2006, 12:22:32 PM

Here is what I got from the show:

First, he sounded a little upset about the comments being made by JG about the defense.  It was not what was being said, but the fact that it was said in the press.  He said that there was nothing being said that they hadn't said about themselves and a lot worse.  He said that they got yelled at pretty good on the sidelines in the first half and again at half time and that they had a good second half where they gave up only 90 total yards.

Then he said that it was not the coaches fault, their ages or the scheme that was causing their problems.  He said all they needed to do was do their jobs and play the defense the way the know they can and things would turn around.  He indicated that lots of changes would not help.

He said that they (the Bucs) had discussed their problems and that they were all aware that they couldn't get the first quarter back and are looking to get back to winning first and then worry about their record.

The last thing he said was that all the fans that were jumping off the band wagon should stay off and not come back trying to get back on when they start winning again.  He thanked the real fans for sticking with them and for being behind them.

That is spoken like a true professional who knows he is getting old.

Sorry, DB, you guys are blowing it out there and you know it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 12, 2006, 01:29:34 PM

thanks for that watson.

I like the fact Jon semi called out the defense in the media. We all see it, we all know it, and it's not like he's blasting them. He's poiting out the fact that they aren't playing up to the Buc standards here. The players know it and would think wouldn't be pissed about Gruden saying it.

Having said that, you can't pin this past loss just on the defense. I know most of you think otherwise but they gave up 90 YARDS IN THE 2ND HALF and prevented them from scoring! Come on now, this offense had decent drives going in that 2nd half and should've scroed more than 21.  I want JOn to lay blame all over because there were other reasons the Bucs lost, not just missed f-ing tackles.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where any of you callers yesterday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools