Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: October 26, 2008, 11:45:38 PM

I was out of town, but was getting rh score via cell phone.  Ill watch on tivo later.  HOW did we lose to Dallas who had only 172 total yards.  Every time I looked at the phone, we were driving on them.  bryant had 4 field goal attempts...  was if Grudens play calling...  why couldn't we get it in!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 26, 2008, 11:50:12 PM

2 ways; give their offense free yardage via penalties, or turn the ball over. This was one of those ugly defensive battles, and our's blew it with that free TD before the first half.

#2 : October 26, 2008, 11:50:24 PM

Because we were playin not to lose.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2008, 11:58:01 PM

We had 4 penalties inside the 50 yard line on their TD drive.  [banghead]

Several of them are often seen as no-calls, except for Cato's fit.

RudeGuy

Starter

#4 : October 26, 2008, 11:52:35 PM

I was out of town, but was getting rh score via cell phone. Ill watch on tivo later. HOW did we lose to Dallas who had only 172 total yards. Every time I looked at the phone, we were driving on them. bryant had 4 field goal attempts... was if Grudens play calling... why couldn't we get it in!

Not sure......might want to ask All_da_way. He would have still picked the Bucs to lose this game at the beginning of the season even if he knew of these numbers for Dallas. ???

lec05010

Second String

#5 : October 26, 2008, 11:55:14 PM

Penalties

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 27, 2008, 12:05:22 AM

I'm sorry.

Signed,
         Cato June

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 27, 2008, 12:31:52 AM

Penalties

...& red zone offense...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : October 27, 2008, 01:04:49 AM

With Jon Gruden in charge of the offense 172 yards from the opposing team is more than enough to beat us.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 27, 2008, 07:11:50 AM

Coming on this board and seeing folks honestly blame the defense for this loss is a real odd take.  The success of this team is always built off the defense.  The offense has at times been only slightly below average, but nothing more.   

The offense is just not a quality unit.  There are various reasons for this, but there is no way anyone can feel that this offense is ever going to be a legitimate 28 point per game squad.

In a 4 point loss consider the starting position of the offense:

Dallas 47
TB 38
TB 48
TB 25
TB 9
TB 21
TB 43
TB 42
TB 26

Now, how do you start 5 drives at worst at our 38 and only come away with 9 points and still have any notion that this offense is going in the right direction?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 27, 2008, 07:38:14 AM

I agree, and the Cowboys were playing like this was the SB

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 27, 2008, 07:47:20 AM

I agree, and the Cowboys were playing like this was the SB

I agree with that.  It was obvious that we didn't match their intensity.  I still believe their was some home cookin going on with the refs.

bucs63

Starter

#12 : October 27, 2008, 08:28:15 AM

We lost because the Defense gave up a TD. We can't have that. They're suppopse to score at least one TD, not give one up. Add the 7 points the D is supposed to score to the 7 points yielded by their pathetic effort and thats 14 points that they screwed this team out of. If they could have gotten a couple of turnovers, the offense could have had a couple more field goal opportunities.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 27, 2008, 08:44:56 AM

We lost because the Defense gave up a TD. We can't have that. They're suppopse to score at least one TD, not give one up. Add the 7 points the D is supposed to score to the 7 points yielded by their pathetic effort and thats 14 points that they screwed this team out of. If they could have gotten a couple of turnovers, the offense could have had a couple more field goal opportunities.

You are wrong my friend.  The defense gave up a TD, but if the offense can't score, do you expect the D to score in every game as well?  How many other teams do that?  Did the Giants do that yesterday?  NO.  Their offense went out and scored Touchdowns like they practice all week to do.  This loss falls squarly on the shoulders of the QB.  Garcia had a terrible game and it cost us a win.  Just like it did in New Orleans. 

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 27, 2008, 08:46:53 AM

You are wrong my friend.  The defense gave up a TD, but if the offense can't score, do you expect the D to score in every game as well?  How many other teams do that?  Did the Giants do that yesterday?  NO.  Their offense went out and scored Touchdowns like they practice all week to do.  This loss falls squarly on the shoulders of the QB.  Garcia had a terrible game and it cost us a win.  Just like it did in New Orleans. 

I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.  At least I hope he was.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools