Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 27, 2008, 08:53:27 AM

Go ahead, everyone blame the D. But remember when doing so, that you're blaming a D who hasn't allowed a rushing td all year, and who is giving up and average of 15 points a game. Now if you're offense can't score more than 3 fg's you're obviously going to lose that contest.

#16 : October 27, 2008, 09:07:45 AM

i looked at eash drive, but havent watched the game on tivo yet.  Ill watch it tonight.  From what I gather, we had 4 field goal attempts, and made 3....    to me, that shows conservative play calling... 2-3 yard passing plays.    if just ONE of those 4 field goal attempts was a TD, then we're kicking a field goal to win the game.   THis seems to be one of those di**CENSORED**able losses that shouldn't happen.   We're not a great team this year.   WE're better than average.   thats about it. 

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#17 : October 27, 2008, 09:14:07 AM

I think it's not so much conservative play calling, as it's conservative QB play.  Garcia is TOO cautious. He is afraid to take shots downfield. If he's not dancing around, you can see him look downfield and then check the ball down the majority of the time.  Receivers do get open, Garica just is afraid to take a shot, doesn't see them,  or dances around too much so he can't make a good throw, etc...

STERN11354

Starter

#18 : October 27, 2008, 10:29:08 AM

I think Kiffin should take Gruden's challenge from 2002 and reverse it.  He should challenge the offense to score TDs. 

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 27, 2008, 10:33:59 AM

i looked at eash drive, but havent watched the game on tivo yet.  Ill watch it tonight.  From what I gather, we had 4 field goal attempts, and made 3....    to me, that shows conservative play calling... 2-3 yard passing plays.    if just ONE of those 4 field goal attempts was a TD, then we're kicking a field goal to win the game.   THis seems to be one of those di**CENSORED**able losses that shouldn't happen.   We're not a great team this year.   WE're better than average.   thats about it. 

5 trips in the red zone and NO shots to the endzone... Simple as that.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 27, 2008, 10:37:03 AM

If the offense can't score a touchdown, you certainly can't blame the D for giving *one* up!  I mean, my God, throw the ball in the endzone!

gdavis

Starter

#21 : October 27, 2008, 10:43:07 AM

You can't blame the defense, matter of fact, if it wasn't for the defensive touchdowns the Bucs would be 2 and 6 right now. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 27, 2008, 10:45:46 AM

You can't blame the defense, matter of fact, if it wasn't for the defensive touchdowns the Bucs would be 2 and 6 right now.

Funny, we don't see you after a win but you infest this place after a loss.

Imagine that

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 27, 2008, 11:01:08 AM

Funny, we don't see you after a win but you infest this place after a loss.

Imagine that

There are a few posters who only come post after a loss to trash the team..

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 27, 2008, 12:07:11 PM

I find it hilarous that excuses are being made for June's, Talib's, and Barber's bonehead, INEXCUSABLE, embarassing penalties at the end of the half.

You horsecollar MBIII as he is running out of bonds?

We had the Cowboy's offense dead to rights on that drive.

That was embarassing. I would not want to be them right now

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 27, 2008, 12:18:48 PM

By not attacking the red zone. Plain and simple.

Watchman

Starter

#26 : October 27, 2008, 12:22:58 PM

Because we were playin not to lose.

Which is a problem when you are behind the entire 2nd half.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : October 27, 2008, 12:21:55 PM

I find it hilarous that excuses are being made for June's, Talib's, and Barber's bonehead, INEXCUSABLE, embarassing penalties at the end of the half.

You horsecollar MBIII as he is running out of bonds?

We had the Cowboy's offense dead to rights on that drive.

That was embarassing. I would not want to be them right now
Maybe the offense needed to pick them up for once.....

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 27, 2008, 12:23:30 PM

Another Excuse. The offense did what is usually does.

Do we seriously have such man-crushes on these guys that they get a free pass for the embarassment that was the end of the first half?

I'm calling these cat's out!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 27, 2008, 12:25:49 PM

I am quite sure the gameplan wasn't to go on the road and win 9-6.  If the team can only win if the D doesn't allow a TD, then I would suggest the last few offseasons don't deserve a passing grade.

FYI, the Cowboys set a team record with the fewest offensive yards in a win. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools