Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 27, 2008, 12:30:26 PM

And Another.

The "untouchable three" dodge another wave of responsibility.

We all know the offense sucks but this defense bias is really starting to rear its ugly head.

The discipline on that drive was embarassing to watch. I was ashamed.

Anyone who defends their play on that drive is biased and blinded.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 27, 2008, 12:31:32 PM

With Jon Gruden in charge of the offense 172 yards from the opposing team is more than enough to beat us.

You can't blame the defense, matter of fact, if it wasn't for the defensive touchdowns the Bucs would be 2 and 6 right now.  

I welcome you both back from hiding.  So how was the weather wherever you went to avoid looking like idiots?  It's a shame you didn't stay long enough.

See you guys after the next loss.

bucngators15

Starter
#32 : October 27, 2008, 12:32:13 PM

PENALTIES

Whoever Said, " Its not whether you LOSE or WIN that counts.... PROBALY LOST

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 27, 2008, 12:35:21 PM

What are the odds of going on the road and winning by scoring 9 points?

The defense is not the problem in Tampa.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 27, 2008, 12:38:40 PM

No one said it was.

But they BLEW IT on that Drive. Embarassing, Foolish, Un-Neccasary.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 27, 2008, 12:46:15 PM

I dont think anyone would defend them on THAT drive. It was horrendous. The D however did an excellent job in the big picture.. 13 points, less than 180 yards.. THE OFFENSE is clearly to blame for this loss. End of story.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 27, 2008, 12:49:19 PM

So the three defenders that had the embarssing three penalties that handed Dallas a TD on a silver platter are in no way responsible, even an itsy tinny bit, for the loss yesterday? It's 100% on the O?

Thanks for proving my point.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 27, 2008, 12:52:24 PM

For me?? HELL YES its 100% on the O. Lets assume dallas simply drove down the field and scored without all those penalties? Would the D have still SUCKED? NO! Teams in the NFL can usually score at least ONE touchdown (except ours). If the O would score 20-30+ points and the D gives up more than that.. then the D would be to blame... ONE side of the ball did its job yesterday... one didnt.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 27, 2008, 12:54:06 PM

I was out of town, but was getting rh score via cell phone.  Ill watch on tivo later.  HOW did we lose to Dallas who had only 172 total yards.  Every time I looked at the phone, we were driving on them.  bryant had 4 field goal attempts...  was if Grudens play calling...  why couldn't we get it in!
That is easy to answer. STUPID PENALTIES. Kick FGs instead if scoring TDs.
Also, the game is won or lost on POINTS, not yardage for or against.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 27, 2008, 12:56:05 PM

Who said the D sucked!?

I just think it's a sham that there is such a bias.

Those three embarassed the Buccaneers on that drive. Cato June had to be restrained by the Ref's in an effort to prevent him from getting his tail whipped by Marc Colombo.

Can you imagine if those flags were on Trueblood or Penn as they killed a game winning dirve?

People would be out with pitchforks!

gdavis

Starter

#40 : October 27, 2008, 12:56:30 PM

I think going into the game if someone said the Bucs defense would hold the Cowboys offense to 9 points you'd say.....

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 27, 2008, 12:59:09 PM

Lets assume dallas simply drove down the field and scored without all those penalties

They wouldn't have though thats the thing. The defense stopped them! And then what appeared to be a highschool girl gave them a second oppurtunity which sealed the deal.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 27, 2008, 01:05:41 PM

By not pounding them with more than 17 run plays.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 27, 2008, 01:09:27 PM

Lets assume dallas simply drove down the field and scored without all those penalties

They wouldn't have though thats the thing. The defense stopped them! And then what appeared to be a highschool girl gave them a second oppurtunity which sealed the deal.

I totally get your anger man.. The D was pathetic on that drive. I just think that your focus on this loss is in the wrong place. If the D deserves the focus for a loss then have at it... not in this case methinks.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 27, 2008, 01:12:20 PM

I'm not focusing on the defense.

I'm focusing, even more specifically, on the final drive of the first half.

Bucs win the game if Dallas hadn't scored that TD.

The defense was playing so good that the inept offense wouldn't have mattered.

9-6.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools