Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 28, 2008, 12:01:16 AM

because when the game is over you can bet the D did their job, while you never know with the O.  its a complete game.  one play, one drive doesnt make the game.  the D played great and to call out the D for one drive is laughable to many of us.  most here realize that perfection isnt that easy to obtain.

Did I call out the D's overall performance on sunday? NO

You guys read what you want to read

I'm not pointing at one single thing as the cause for that loss. I am, however, trying to stop all of you from doing just that.

Do you realize how horribly hypocritical that post was?

"It's a complete game blah blah blah The offense is completely to blame for everything ever"

#76 : October 28, 2008, 09:02:21 AM

We've lost 3 games by a total of 9 points.   The Bucs need to play with more confidence and go for more productive plays.    Im tired of these 3 yard passes.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#77 : October 28, 2008, 10:11:14 AM

Did I call out the D's overall performance on sunday? NO

You guys read what you want to read

I'm not pointing at one single thing as the cause for that loss. I am, however, trying to stop all of you from doing just that.

Do you realize how horribly hypocritical that post was?

"It's a complete game blah blah blah The offense is completely to blame for everything ever"

when you are ashamed and try to call out the D what do you expect?  when you use words like inexcusable, bonehead, and embarrassing then its pretty easy to read.  no, everyone knows you are singling out one drive.  but imo you definitely take it a bit far comparing our players to little girls.

and i dont think a separation of Offense and Defense is hypocritical at all.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#78 : October 28, 2008, 11:15:37 AM

2 ways; give their offense free yardage via penalties, or turn the ball over. This was one of those ugly defensive battles, and our's blew it with that free TD before the first half.

Should have punted...

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#79 : October 28, 2008, 12:14:14 PM

from an article in today's trib:

Sunday's 172 yards marked the lowest output by the Cowboys during a winning effort in the history of a franchise that began play in 1960.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 28, 2008, 12:16:22 PM

from an article in today's trib:

Sunday's 172 yards marked the lowest output by the Cowboys during a winning effort in the history of a franchise that began play in 1960.

Just like the 05 playoff loss against the Redskins was the lowest game yardage output by a winning playoff team in NFL history

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#81 : October 28, 2008, 12:30:28 PM

just a coincidence fellas, move along.  we all know that our Offense has had a number of unavoidable obstacles in their way the last few years.  be patient and give the staff a few more seasons to work out the kinks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#82 : October 28, 2008, 12:37:00 PM

just a coincidence fellas, move along. we all know that our Offense has had a number of unavoidable obstacles in their way the last few years. be patient and give the staff a few more seasons to work out the kinks.

This is Gruden's 7th year, how much longer do we have to wait? 10 years? 15?  I've been patient with the guy, but we have not anything close to a consistently good offense since his arrival.  Things are finally looking a little up with the young Oline, but until he stops the veteran QB carousel, we'll be stuck in neutral

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#83 : October 28, 2008, 12:41:10 PM

When is enough enough so now we should give another few years for the entrusted to get the offense turned around so the first seven years of an inept offense isnt enough, you want another 2-3 years of the same thing?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#84 : October 28, 2008, 12:50:33 PM

Im going with sarcasm there kids

#85 : October 28, 2008, 01:17:37 PM

Resign our Defensive stars...   and obtain offense in the Draft and free agency.   trade UP if you have to, but get a fanchise QB or WR or RB.

#86 : October 28, 2008, 08:22:23 PM

just a coincidence fellas, move along. we all know that our Offense has had a number of unavoidable obstacles in their way the last few years. be patient and give the staff a few more seasons to work out the kinks.

This is Gruden's 7th year, how much longer do we have to wait? 10 years? 15? 

** shakes head **

Maybe a 20 yr wait is in order..

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#87 : October 28, 2008, 11:12:54 PM

Some of you talk like Gruden is on the hotseat.

And we all know thats not the case, for better or for worse.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HOW do we lose to a team who had 172 total yards? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools