Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fastest Man in Pads « previous next »
Page: 1

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: October 27, 2008, 11:41:15 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/24/sports/football/24florida.html?ref=ncaafootball

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Last April, during spring football practice at the University of Florida, a collective gasp came from a track meet across the street. Jeffrey Demps had just run the fifth-fastest 100 meters by an American high school sprinter, 10.17 seconds. Even better, he was a Gators football recruit.

“The rest of the day, I’m not really sure what happened at practice,” said Coach Urban Meyer, who heard the time over the public-address system. “I was so excited we had a guy joining the program that could run sub-10.2. I’ve never witnessed that.”

In late June, at the Olympic track and field trials, Demps ran even faster, setting a national high school record of 10.01 and matching the world junior record for the 100 — a time equal to the seventh-place finish at the Beijing Games. Now a freshman tailback at fifth-ranked Florida, he appears to be the swiftest running back ever to play college or professional football, according to track historians and an examination of performance lists compiled by USA Track and Field.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 28, 2008, 08:33:31 PM

It's definitely awesome to watch him play.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 30, 2008, 10:21:10 PM

DAMN MAN!!

The kid has turbo jets lodged in his butt!!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fastest Man in Pads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools