Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nasty injury for Houston Wideout... « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: October 29, 2008, 11:21:39 AM

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&vid=1ae59c90-27a8-4c61-a81a-1a75ea057c1e&from=MSNHP&fg=FOX_Pipe&MSNHPHMA&From=MSNHP&FG=FOX_Pipe

Man, that made my stomach churn.  Why in the hell would those carts be there anyway? 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2008, 12:03:45 PM

Wow... that looks like a severely broken leg. 

And I have NO idea why those carts would be anywhere near the field. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 29, 2008, 02:32:08 PM

And I have NO idea why those carts would be anywhere near the field.

We were watching the game at a local establishment and said the same thing.  Made no sense.  They moved them immediately after the injury took place.  Luckily I wasn't looking at the TV when the injury occurred so I was spared the specifics.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 29, 2008, 04:57:48 PM

OH MY GOD!

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 29, 2008, 11:48:08 PM

That was really nasty man.  I have seen injuries, but that was like a one of the worst things I have seen in football.

AWFUL!!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2008, 05:41:14 AM

Oh My...that was almost as bad as the Theisman/LT hit...

I'm thinking someone just got fired for having those carts our there....

Poor kid - hope he doesn't suffer any longterm effects...

wow.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 30, 2008, 09:54:11 AM

I first thought the leg broke because it go lodged under the cart.  But looking at the replays, the kid's leg snapped when he "kicked" it from his stride.

Brutal.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 30, 2008, 07:26:47 PM

Heard his mother is suing.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 30, 2008, 10:19:48 PM

Heard his mother is suing.
She has a right to...

There is no reason why little kids, metal carts, etc...should be on the field at that angle.  It has bad news written all over it.

That kid may have lost his potential career.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2008, 11:26:23 PM

Ugh - foul. 

My dad was a coach once - he woulda told me to walk it off. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 31, 2008, 02:33:10 AM

something good comes out of it. All fan bases can learn a thing or too about class. E**CENSORED**ally many big time conferences that put their team ahead of God, and the opponent worst then Satan. Good Job Marshall! Major props

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) -- Marshall fans are sending get-well wishes to an injured Houston player.

Wide receiver Patrick Edwards was going after a pass when his right shin hit a cart in the back of the end zone Tuesday night. Edwards suffered a compound fracture and had a rod inserted in his lower right leg during surgery at Cabell Huntington Hospital.

Hospital spokesman Charles Shumaker says Edwards has received more than 200 electronic cards, many of them from Marshall fans, wishing him well. His room is also full of flowers and gift baskets.

Shumaker said Edwards remained in good condition Thursday.

Edwards, who was Houston's leading receiver with 634 yards on 46 catches, is expected to make a full recovery.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nasty injury for Houston Wideout... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools