Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A trend « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

bucs8ball

Starter

#120 : January 05, 2007, 03:58:12 PM

You will hear from me. I'm sorry to be a jerk.. I am very frustrated that people on this board are so sold by this coach that fails to produce.

He did produce a Super Bowl Championship and a division championship last year.

You will hear from me. I'm sorry to be a jerk... I am very frustrated that people on this board are so sold by a loudmouth talk show radio host that that come over to this board and try to repeat his rants almost word for word.

Defense Wins= Big Dog Duemig  [banghead]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#121 : January 05, 2007, 04:07:28 PM

Well with the bang up job he's done I can see why he's still got a job after 5 years.

Well, with Kromer getting a bit more responsibility for the hands-on position coaching, I'm not saying Coach Muir won't leave, but my sense is that if he does go, it will be "leaving due to health reasons" rather than "fired".

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#122 : January 05, 2007, 05:11:27 PM

It is pointless to talk to most of you. Not once have you all conceded a single thought that Gruden might be at fault for anything.

It is simple to just label someone a Gruden hater.... As if anyone here has a vandetta against the man. Don't be silly.

The guy is paid to produce wins. He does that half of the time... Debate?

Gruden behaves very childishly at press conferences. It is a fact, while he says he takes blame, he lists all of the reasons why it is out of his control. He obviously does not have both hands on the wheel at times... Untrue?

Other coaches do not discuss such disloyal topics.

The trend is that Gruden is killing this organization. Killing the winning desire around here, turning it into an excuse fest for our lame coach.
1) Obviously you have a vendetta if you tell me you would rather go 4-12 with another coach than go 12-4 with Gruden. That is what you said.

2) Who the frick cares how Gruden acts at press conferences?  Obviously you do, which is part of your problem.  He wasn't hired to be good at press conferences.  He wasn't hired to be a nice guy, to be a father figure. He was hired to be the coach and win games, not preach at the local church.

3) As for being paid to produce wins.  THATS THE ONLY RIGHT THING YOU HAVE SAID THIS WHOLE THREAD!  Yes and if he doesn't turn it around next year he will be gone and nobody will complain. 

At least you got one thing right.  But just because you are a coach doesn't mean you aren't going to have some character flaws.   He's a human being like the rest of us.  You and your type focus your venom on him and turn him into this evil person. He's not evil. He's not even a bad guy.  Here has what he has not done:

Gruden has not:
Killed anybody.
Burned the American flag.
Stolen an old lady's bank account.
Deserted the military.
Tortured a kitten.

Defense, just think about the ridiculous things that cause you to have so much venom for a coach.  He supposedly lied to somebody a couple years ago.   He doesn't give the ball to a running back as much as you think he should.  He tends to make excuses at press conferences.   He hasn't made the personnel moves you think he should. 

Are these reasons to hate a guy?  Geez get a grip. 

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#123 : January 05, 2007, 05:31:59 PM

[

No but the expectation of burning an R2 pick on a low-difficulty spot like ROT and not expecting him to unseat a player of Walkers obvious lack of quality is a really stunningly bad plan.

ROT is a low difficulty spot. Against Peppers et al. this is the low difficulty spot. Maybe you missed alot of the DE tandems in this league but thats hardly a low difficulty spot. And you say I have a stupid opinion, call me a moron,  and you come up with this work of art and then lay total blame on one man for an entire organization. Check the mirror pal and quit projecting your deficiencies. ::)

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#124 : January 05, 2007, 05:36:02 PM

All I got from this ridiculous thread was blah, blah, blah. blah, blah...

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#125 : January 05, 2007, 05:54:41 PM

Right, because all rookie O-linemen MUST start from day one. The plan, I'd imagine, was that Joseph would start this season and Trueblood would back up Walker in 2006, then be prepared to take win the starting role in 2007.

No but the expectation of burning an R2 pick on a low-difficulty spot like ROT and not expecting him to unseat a player of Walkers obvious lack of quality is a really stunningly bad plan.

Dal, you KNOW the issues with Walker, from overall play to the injury.  You KNOW that a back up with some quality was needed to be available this past year.  You KNOW that Trueblood was drafted for that job and you damn well know better than to set baited traps for posters who want to converse and exchange thoughts legitimately without the bs that is found throughout this thread.

DefenseWins - head back to Buccanners.com - you don't have the weight for discussion of football here.  Bucsfan4life, consider more reading and less posting.  Dal - don't contribute to the bs - please. 

There is not a doubt of where the responsibilty lies.  Your premise that Gruden was solely given credit for the SB or the division title is misleading.  No one gave all the credit to Gruden.  It was spread throughout the players and the staff by anyone with any football knowledge.  So knock off the baited trap crap - bc you nor anyone else gave all the damn credit to anyone.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#126 : January 05, 2007, 06:31:09 PM

Reading what??? Posters that call me out and throw peronal insults--- I shouldn't respond to??? Or reading the fact you spelled my name wrong.

BTW I agree with the last part of your post. And just as the success is spread so should be the blame. Thats all i have ever proposed-- I can find faults in Gurden -- what gets under my skin are folks calling for a successful coaches head with no readily available HC to replace that could do any better with the situation he was dealt. 4-12 is his fault but it's not all his fault and the situation the Bucs organization faced after all the things widely discussed there is just no way you can lay the total blame on Gruden-- if you have any sense that is.

K-Swiss

Starter

#127 : January 05, 2007, 07:12:17 PM

Go Defense...

Way to make your point, and stick with it, you'll earn your wings in no time my friend.  You have to go through this before the pack can accept you and your individualism, keep your poise and don't let em' bring you to their level.

You make points that I'm curious to see how many critics agree with if Gruden has another bad season and is fired.  I'll reserve judgment on any human, I have no control or idea what they think........

Have fun, and stick around, you'd be better off joining the Insiders Board, more intelligent criticism over there ;D IMO....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#128 : January 08, 2007, 05:20:36 PM

Anymore staff and players that are near and dear to the Bucs leaving? Well there are not many left. Gruden has soured this organization, sure that is arguable.

What is not arguable is the evidence. Look at all of the great people that make for a good organization fleeing the Bucs for the last 5 years..

Gruden wants yes men..."with me or against me"... Great minds don't think well in a box.

Gruden wants passion... Players don't play so inspired under dishonesty.

Fire Gruden Please!!!! The sooner the better!
What do you have to say about the Raheem Morris thing, Defense?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#129 : October 17, 2009, 02:54:25 PM

Where did Itchalot go?

#130 : October 17, 2009, 09:25:08 PM

The guy is paid to produce wins. He does that half of the time... Debate?

Gruden behaves very childishly at press conferences. It is a fact, while he says he takes blame, he lists all of the reasons why it is out of his control. He obviously does not have both hands on the wheel at times... Untrue?

The trend is that Gruden is killing this organization. Killing the winning desire around here, turning it into an excuse fest for our lame coach.

Oh, the irony.

#131 : October 17, 2009, 09:50:04 PM

DefenseWins - You are by far the dumbest human being on earth, congratulations. Gruden's a loser? He has 100 career wins. Look at our record since he left. You're so retarded I don't even know what else to say. Other than your sister is a prostitute.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A trend « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools