Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A trend « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 03, 2007, 01:12:07 PM

Simms is crazy to stay with Gruden.

And yet he did.  Along with Bidwell, another player who was supposedly completely unwilling to stay on the team due to Gruden.  Funny how that works for an organization that Gruden has "soured" and that he only wants "yes men" for, isn't it?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 03, 2007, 01:17:04 PM

As I've said elsewhere, I am concerned that we no longer have anyone ready to take over for Monte when he retires.

That I can also agree with, but the onus is on Monte for that one, not Grudens. In fact, the argument could be made that because Monte is hanging on for so long, potential successors have felt the need to seek opportunities elsewhere.

I'm not blaming Gruden, I'm just saying it's a concern.  I do wish we could have figured out a way to hang on to Barry or Tomlin by offering them a significant raise and AHC title.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 03, 2007, 01:17:36 PM

No. Gruden claims to be a guy that embraces team tradition. The only problem is that he has either screwed over, or disgusted many of our key figures over the last 5 years.
Example- Tim Ruskell jumping up and down at the end to the Seahawks game.. a little revenge.

My point is that not many people have stuck around since Gruden came along. Some by choice, some by manipulation.  Kiffin stays because this is partly his team. In a way, he is untouchable from Gruden like Brooks. He is too popular. Gruden has it in his head that if he could only implement his scheme, he'd be successful. Ignoring the fact that these positions are there to contribute and provide other ideas is a hallmark of Chucky egoism.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 03, 2007, 01:19:06 PM

I am done trying to open the eyes of the blind.

So we won't be hearing from you on these boards any longer?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 03, 2007, 01:21:49 PM

Again, all of that is arguable. Just my opinion... And the overwhelming opinion of most prominent sports people in Tampa Bay.  He is a loser. Tied for 3rd worse with Cleveland! Defend that.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 03, 2007, 01:27:21 PM

You will hear from me. I'm sorry to be a jerk.. I am very frustrated that people on this board are so sold by this coach that fails to produce. It would be one thing if he were an obnoxious unsavory winner. I guess, I could deal with the lies. Although the minimal conception of ethics is acknowledging that unjust means do not justify the ends, I could understand why many would overlook his character for a winning season. Forget about being proud of the team, whatever...

But, to embrace this jerk, and argue FOR his tenure as a losing coach, during this super-vital time of rebuilding is a joke. I hope you all know, that if we keep Grudem this year, it is a long-term endorsement for him for the future. It is a scary time for the organization, and I wish that many of you out there would see this big-ass, scary picture.

#21 : January 03, 2007, 01:28:41 PM

Anymore staff and players that are near and dear to the Bucs leaving? Well there are not many left.  Gruden has soured this organization, sure that is arguable.

What is not arguable is the evidence. Look at all of the great people that make for a good organization fleeing the Bucs for the last 5 years.. 

Gruden wants yes men..."with me or against me"... Great minds don't think well in a box. 

Gruden wants passion...        Players don't play so inspired under dishonesty.

Fire Gruden Please!!!! The sooner the better!

Ummm...how many of these people have left for an equal or lesser job elsewhere?  Ummm...somewhere in the neighborhood of...ZERO.  We've had one of the best coaching staffs in the league for the last decade, so these coaches are going elsewhere because they are getting PROMOTED.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 03, 2007, 01:30:04 PM

Under Gruden, this organization is gonna lose. The excuses will continue, then late one night, Gruden will be on a plane to ruin another team. He has no loyalty to you.. Be loyal to the team!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 03, 2007, 01:31:07 PM

You will hear from me.

Please make up your mind.

I guess, I could deal with the lies.

What lies?

But, to embrace this jerk, and argue FOR his tenure as a losing coach, during this super-vital time of rebuilding is a joke. I hope you all know, that if we keep Grudem this year, it is a long-term endorsement for him for the future. It is a scary time for the organization, and I wish that many of you out there would see this big-ass, scary picture.

He gets one more year. Get used to it. The owners decided that a long time ago. 2007 is going to be the key to his continued employment with this team.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 03, 2007, 01:33:45 PM

Most of those guys were groomed under Mckay/Dungy. Let's see what Gruden's people do.

Draft=Terrible
Talent scouts=horrible
Assistant coaches= awful
GM- "What might I get for you Mr Gruden"..
Gruden's picks- Invisible.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 03, 2007, 01:35:59 PM

That makes no sense Dan. If you had lingering doubts over the efficacy of our HC, even more in the way he evaluates talent. Would you give him the liberty to design a team that he may not be here for? He has done so poorly with talent evaluation.. That is a very risky proposition.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 03, 2007, 01:41:38 PM

That makes no sense Dan.

Who cares whether it makes sense to you or not. You don't like it? Call the Glazers over at One Buc and tell them you think they're idiots and Gruden is a jerk. I'm sure they'll be pleased to speak with you at length about it.

The facts are these: the Glazers understand the factors leading to the team's regression from SB champs to division champs and now to 4-12. They also know, understand, and endorse the plan that this HC/FO have put in place to turn this team around and (barring a complete change of heart) they're giving them 2007 to work it.

None of your ranting or foaming at the mouth will change that.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 03, 2007, 01:44:27 PM

That makes no sense Dan.

Who cares whether it makes sense to you or not. You don't like it? Call the Glazers over at One Buc and tell them you think they're idiots and Gruden is a jerk. I'm sure they'll be pleased to speak with you at length about it.

The facts are these: the Glazers understand the factors leading to the team's regression from SB champs to division champs and now to 4-12. They also know, understand, and endorse the plan that this HC/FO have put in place to turn this team around and (barring a complete change of heart) they're giving them 2007 to work it.

None of your ranting or foaming at the mouth will change that.

that's what makes all of this foaming by clowns like this all the more entertaining.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 03, 2007, 01:44:39 PM

defense:  just shut up.  i guess you don't follow football much.  guys do move up ya know.  sorry to be rude but this is just so dumb.  it's not a trend...it's a career!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 03, 2007, 01:51:32 PM

Most of those guys were groomed under Mckay/Dungy. Let's see what Gruden's people do.

Draft=Terrible
Talent scouts=horrible
Assistant coaches= awful
GM- "What might I get for you Mr Gruden"..
Gruden's picks- Invisible.

I'm not at all convinced that the team's drafts under Gruden have been significantly worse than most other team's.  Sure, there are really obvious places where they could have made better choice, but that's true of pretty much every team.  Oh, and while I haven't exactly been awe-inspired by Mann or Valero, I think it's worth noting that Muir was NOT someone Gruden brought in.  He's seemed to be excessively loyal to him, but the assistant coach that I think most of us are most sick of was not brought in by him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A trend « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools