Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden not that frustrated « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: October 27, 2008, 03:24:47 PM

"I’m not that frustrated." said Gruden after his offense was held to just nine points in a loss to the Cowboys in which there was not one pass into the endzone despite numerous chances inside the redzone.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 27, 2008, 03:31:16 PM

"I’m not that frustrated." said Gruden after his offense was held to just nine points in a loss to the Cowboys in which there was not one pass into the endzone despite numerous chances inside the redzone.

I agree with your premise, but what do you expect him to say?  Gruden is trying, and I am sure in his eyes, he has to wear shades when he sees the gameplan.  I am sure that when he draws up one of those plays that looks like the Russian Ballet pre snap, and a short pass to the TE with the back to the D post snap, he does indeed think it will work, and work well. 

We all know that this is an old fashioned version of the WCO that just last year put in the shot gun, and still doesn't use any version of zone blocking. 

It will always be a 17-20 point per game offense at best, and that is that. 

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 27, 2008, 03:32:30 PM

Yuccs, at least do what you used to do and post his full transcript rather than one thing that makes you look like you have an agenda...

Which we all know you don't have...right? Yuccs? Anyone?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 27, 2008, 03:33:19 PM

Instead of him making excuses, just maybe he should lay it on the table and just call it what it is  

#4 : October 27, 2008, 03:33:56 PM

he's not frustrated, but dissapointed.  that makes sense.   all of our losses have been last-drive losses where we had a chance to win.  but Carolina keeps winning.  Dallas owns the tie breaker over the Bucs now, and both Dallas and Washington have the wild-card spots if playoffs started today.   Bucs cant count on the wild card, they need the division.  thats the only way we host a playoff game.    EVERY win counts.   if we lose @ Kansas City, we're in trouble.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 27, 2008, 03:34:24 PM

And that's going to get it done a lot of weeks, but won't in the playoffs. While I am definitely not putting all of this on Gruden, I think Garcia is definitely a goat this week, the more I think of how we wasted a great opportunity by the defense on Sunday, the angrier I get. I am sick of this offense.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 27, 2008, 03:48:40 PM

And that's going to get it done a lot of weeks, but won't in the playoffs. While I am definitely not putting all of this on Gruden, I think Garcia is definitely a goat this week, the more I think of how we wasted a great opportunity by the defense on Sunday, the angrier I get. I am sick of this offense.

Garcia is a back up QB.  We all know that.  But Griese is a turnover machine and LM is at best volatile, at worst will never be able to digest Gruden's version of teaching.   Regardless, the QB play is 100% on Gruden since he is the one that selected the talent and the one who coaches it. 

The offense is in general a mess.  The Bucs missed on a key 3rd and 1 in the first quarter with what has to be an unprecedented (take a look of the resources used on the 93 Cowboy and 91 Redskin OLines) use of high picks and FA money on a center.  The team ran 17 times in a close game vs. a team that gave up 200 to StL the week before.  The 4 primary WR's are averaging an amazingly low 10+ yards per catch for the season.  The Bucs began 5 drives at least starting at their own 38.

This team wins when the D plays well AND generates turnovers.  The offense has always been along for the ride here in Tampa since Lee Roy and Co, and not much has changed. 

The plan should be simple; invest in play makers for the D and vet players for the O that can easily pick up the play book and wont make mistakes. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 27, 2008, 03:56:04 PM

In theory I don't have a problem with a 17-20 point offense, but it better be because you used all your high picks on defense and are leading the league in sacks and interceptions and your offense is just a bunch of mid rounders and free agent fodder.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Watchman

Starter

#8 : October 27, 2008, 04:52:51 PM

Instead of him making excuses, just maybe he should lay it on the table and just call it what it is 

He should?  To the media?  What did he tell the players in the locker room?  What is he saying as they are watching the film today?  That is where everything should be laid on the table, not to the media.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 27, 2008, 05:21:32 PM

I figured he wouldn't be. He knows his job is safe and he's already got his superbowl ring and idiots in the NFL still think he is great, so he has no real reason to be frustrated.

Gruden loves field goals.
Hey.... trips inside the red zone are failures if they don't score touchdowns. He prefers Field goals especially early in the game.

Loves 'em.

Bucfanut

Starter

#10 : October 27, 2008, 04:56:35 PM

Why did the Bucs only run that quick bubble screen twice yesterday? The two times they used it it was very effective; I normally try not to play armchair QB too much but that play was run well and Dallas' dbs were giving us such a cushion...run that play till they press you, then get em with a hitch and go. IMO we didnt utilize that play enough.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 27, 2008, 04:58:39 PM

The team is 5-3 and in the thick of it, there's a bunch of the season left, why would he tell the media he's frustrated? It's a retarded notion

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : October 27, 2008, 05:04:12 PM

I figured he wouldn't be. He knows his job is safe and he's already got his superbowl ring and idiots in the NFL still think he is great, so he has no real reason to be frustrated.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 27, 2008, 05:08:39 PM

Gruden loves field goals.

Bucfanut

Starter

#14 : October 27, 2008, 05:09:16 PM

He could be frustrated by so called fans like you who root for the team to lose, while calling those of us who don't think Gruden is the anti- Christ "fake Buc fans".
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden not that frustrated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools