Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You want him! You got him! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

spartan

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 28, 2008, 08:24:44 PM

Anybody else hear the rumblings about the Democrat thoughts on 401K's? Wow that sounds like a GREAT idea!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 28, 2008, 08:33:16 PM

Anybody else hear the rumblings about the Democrat thoughts on 401K's? Wow that sounds like a GREAT idea!

You mean this;

http://www.investmentnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081007/REG/810079894

Don't like it.  Mess with my 401k and I will find a way to hide it in Nevis or the Cayman's.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 28, 2008, 08:33:29 PM

what 401ks?    No one tell them Bush's economic plan has wiped them out.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 28, 2008, 08:44:31 PM

You mean this;

Don't like it.  Mess with my 401k and I will find a way to hide it in Nevis or the Cayman's.

Yup. I particularly love this snippet:

"Congress should let workers trade their 401(k) assets for guaranteed retirement accounts made up of government bonds."

Social Security phase II anybody? And we know how that money disappeared down the Congressional sink hole. I also heard that part of this plan is to 'mandate' (that's another word for tax I believe) 5% of your salary to this 'guaranteed account'. Wonder how long before that is offset by 'refundable tax credits' for 'working families'?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 28, 2008, 08:51:00 PM

You mean this;

Don't like it. Mess with my 401k and I will find a way to hide it in Nevis or the Cayman's.

Yup. I particularly love this snippet:

"Congress should let workers trade their 401(k) assets for guaranteed retirement accounts made up of government bonds."

Social Security phase II anybody? And we know how that money disappeared down the Congressional sink hole. I also heard that part of this plan is to 'mandate' (that's another word for tax I believe) 5% of your salary to this 'guaranteed account'. Wonder how long before that is offset by 'refundable tax credits' for 'working families'?

Worse, just like Social Security, congress will "borrow" from the fund for various "projects" and next thing you know there won't be any money just congressional IOUs

spartan

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 28, 2008, 09:13:40 PM

Worse, just like Social Security, congress will "borrow" from the fund for various "projects" and next thing you know there won't be any money just congressional IOUs

Sorry if I wasn't sufficiently clear. THAT was exactly my point.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 28, 2008, 10:24:29 PM

shoot, i bet W can't wait to get the helll outta dodge...

Not as fast as some want him too...

and there are some that are quakin' at the prospects of the follow up act...

Either way some folks gonna be scured and cafused...Man you seen Ros lately?  Got the gold out her mouth, her hair did, and looking kind of nice for 1-800 Axe-Gary... ;D ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#37 : October 28, 2008, 10:33:03 PM

LOL, for most americans yesterday isn't soon enough.

Truth is we could vote in Jesus Christ or Muhammad and within 8 years of 24 hour networks he will be hated around the globe. The constant questioning of our leaders on public airwaves is what IMO has hurt our image around the world. No other country allows it because it hurts your image.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 29, 2008, 09:47:19 AM

LOL @ chev!!!  the Dark Knight presIDIN'!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You want him! You got him! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools