Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "No one will delay a World Series game with an infomercial when I'm president." « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 29, 2008, 12:09:22 PM

was any WS game delayed? i thought they all have had start times around 8:30

Obama's informercial would move back Game 6 by a few minutes.

oh, ok. There may not even be a game 6 anyway

Game 6 was supposed to be tonight, but now we have the completion of Game 5 (we hope).  Are they referring to the "new" Game 6 scheduled time, which is tomorrow night (we hope) or the "old" Game 6 scheduled time, which is now the completion of Game 5 scheduled time (we hope).

I'm so confused.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 29, 2008, 12:27:02 PM

was any WS game delayed? i thought they all have had start times around 8:30

Obama's informercial would move back Game 6 by a few minutes.

oh, ok. There may not even be a game 6 anyway

Game 6 was supposed to be tonight, but now we have the completion of Game 5 (we hope).  Are they referring to the "new" Game 6 scheduled time, which is tomorrow night (we hope) or the "old" Game 6 scheduled time, which is now the completion of Game 5 scheduled time (we hope).

I'm so confused.

The Obama commercial is tonight -- at 8.  Game starts at 830.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 29, 2008, 12:31:17 PM

LOL...that can't be a serious story.

Following the path from the picture posted take you to this:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/sharon-jasper.htm

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 29, 2008, 12:35:08 PM

"No one will delay a World Series game with an infomercial when I'm president."

- John McCain

Is this a shot at Bush? And just how do you expect to accomplish this, Senator McCain? You're gonna tell the networks (including Fox) who they can and cannot sell airtime to? Interesting... And just how would you accomplish that?

Believe it or not, as president he could snook. The government regulates EVERYTHING on TV already. All that you see on TV in the USA is regulated by the government. All he would have to do is put his two-cents. Directly he can't I suppose, but normally stations don't argue with the higher-ups in Government. Ask Joe about when they found alien spacecraft, then instantly denied it a day later on national TV. Or when the Cuban missile crisis occured and too much info was being given to the public. Kennedy put the kibosch on that shortly after. He's not the person running the TV stations, but being a politician, he's got a lot of pull.

Also, Fox is ran by people who are related to Pres. Bush. With that being said, and all the talk of "him being like Bush", I'd say It's completely possible.

I didn't say it was a wise choice of words though. lol.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 29, 2008, 12:40:49 PM

- John McCain

Is this a shot at Bush? And just how do you expect to accomplish this, Senator McCain? You're gonna tell the networks (including Fox) who they can and cannot sell airtime to? Interesting... And just how would you accomplish that?

Believe it or not, as president he could snook. The government regulates EVERYTHING on TV already. All that you see on TV in the USA is regulated by the government. All he would have to do is put his two-cents. Directly he can't I suppose, but normally stations don't argue with the higher-ups in Government. Ask Joe about when they found alien spacecraft, then instantly denied it a day later on national TV. Or when the Cuban missile crisis occured and too much info was being given to the public. Kennedy put the kibosch on that shortly after. He's not the person running the TV stations, but being a politician, he's got a lot of pull.

Ummm, no he couldn't.  Geez... give me a break.  As president, he'd have a LOT of hurdles to overcome to even attempt to block a future presidential infomercial.  The president isn't king of the United States.

Its another politician pandering...  simple as that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 29, 2008, 12:46:43 PM

LOL...that can't be a serious story.

Following the path from the picture posted take you to this:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/sharon-jasper.htm

Ahhh, thanks.

So the quoted statements from her in the story are the only thing in that story that is unproven?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 29, 2008, 12:48:13 PM

- John McCain

Ummm, no he couldn't. Geez... give me a break. As president, he'd have a LOT of hurdles to overcome to even attempt to block a future presidential infomercial. The president isn't king of the United States.

Its another politician pandering... simple as that.

ANYTHING national televised CAN be changed by the Government. ANYTHING. Argue with me all you want, it's the truth.

He's pandering, no arguement there, but honestly, he would have the ability to get it done. A couple of times it's even been done while the SB was on, or when the Macy's day parade was almost knocked off the air. The pres ISN'T the KING, but they can call press conferances like you wouldn't believe. And in THIS particular situation, don't you think the public & others would agree? Seeing how they'll miss it too...?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "No one will delay a World Series game with an infomercial when I'm president." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools