Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: French Prez - Obama on Iran = Utterly Immature « previous next »
Page: 1

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

: October 28, 2008, 09:12:06 PM

Sources: Sarkozy views Obama stance on Iran as 'utterly immature'

By Barak Ravid

French President Nicolas Sarkozy is very critical of U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama’s positions on Iran, according to reports that have reached Israel’s government.

Sarkozy has made his criticisms only in closed forums in France. But according to a senior Israeli government source, the reports reaching Israel indicate that Sarkozy views the Democratic candidate’s stance on Iran as “utterly immature” and comprised of “formulations empty of all content.”[/i]

Obama visited Paris in July, and the Iranian issue was at the heart of his meeting with Sarkozy. At a joint press conference afterward, Obama urged Iran to accept the West’s proposal on its nuclear program, saying that Iran was creating a serious situation that endangered both Israel and the West.  According to the reports reaching Israel, Sarkozy told Obama at that meeting that if the new American president elected in November changed his country’s policy toward Iran, that would be “very problematic.”[/i]

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1031943.html

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 28, 2008, 09:15:07 PM

thank god the election is almost here so you nutjobs will back off with the 7,000 topics bashing each other every day.

i hope you all realized not ONE SINGLE PERSON has changed their vote through all of your nonsense.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 28, 2008, 09:16:19 PM

If this is true, I have now seen everything. The French actually doing something good?

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 28, 2008, 09:18:00 PM

LOL..the world has turned upside down!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 28, 2008, 09:23:56 PM

thank god the election is almost here so you nutjobs will back off with the 7,000 topics bashing each other every day.

i hope you all realized not ONE SINGLE PERSON has changed their vote through all of your nonsense.

Krazy, you may be right, but one thing that I have noticed about US politics and the US populace in general is that if you shout long enough and loud enough it becomes the 'truth'. Sometimes it isn't a case of convincing people to change their minds, but putting stuff out there to make them think and prevent them from changing their minds.

My wife is so much better than this than I am. I have seen her in a discussion convert a room full of Democrats just last week. Ok, by room I mean about 8 or 9 people. She even had one guy cussing that he voted early for Obama. Those that actually participate in these discussions won't be converted, that much I grant you, but what about those who read but don't say anything. If they aren't converted, fine, that is their choice, but if you give them pause for thought, I would like to think that they would actually be voting due to a rational thought process than just following the propaganda, and that last bit is directed at both sides of the aisle.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 28, 2008, 09:31:23 PM

Krazy, I understand your frustration.   And, as Spartan alluded to above, it's just a way of getting folks to see what may not be on the 6 o'clock news. 

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 28, 2008, 09:38:42 PM

To piggy back of this, it REALLY does not matter who is in office the system is rigged so that real change will not happen.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 28, 2008, 09:42:27 PM

Wait, I thought all the French were ignorant **CENSORED**s?  I guess they are okay if they are bashing Obama.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 28, 2008, 10:02:55 PM

Chirac is gone.  Sarkozy is in.   He "gets it".   The French are cool again.  Though, not as cool as the Italians - Ciao 8).

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 28, 2008, 10:06:58 PM

Chirac is gone.  Sarkozy is in.   He "gets it".   The French are cool again.  Though, not as cool as the Italians - Ciao 8).

Now that is stretching it. Sarkozy might be cool but the French in general have a long way to go.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 28, 2008, 10:17:01 PM

To piggy back of this, it REALLY does not matter who is in office the system is rigged so that real change will not happen.

Now we're on the same page again!

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 28, 2008, 10:37:58 PM

Now that is stretching it. Sarkozy might be cool but the French in general have a long way to go.

How about ...the Parisians have a long way to go?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 28, 2008, 10:49:51 PM

If this is true, I have now seen everything. The French actually doing something good?

to liberals, they believe everyone agrees with doing nothing and sitting on their hands. I guess the French dont.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: French Prez - Obama on Iran = Utterly Immature « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools