Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Murtha pleads... « previous next »
Page: 1

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

: October 29, 2008, 07:31:33 PM

From Politico.com, First we had this:

Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.) is in an unexpectedly tight race for an 18th term after effectively calling the constituents of his southwestern Pennsylvania district racists and rednecks.

Earlier this month, he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s editorial board that “there’s no question Western Pennsylvania is a racist area” in response to a question about Barack Obama’s prospects in his district. A week after apologizing, he told a local Pittsburgh TV station that “this whole area, years ago, was really redneck.”

-------

Now this:

Murtha appeals to MoveOn for help

It's been an unusual alliance from the beginning and now Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.), in trouble in his race to keep his seat, is appealing to his old friends at MoveOn to come to his rescue.

The relatively conservative Murtha became a hero to MoveOn members when he came out early against the war. His military background and previous support of the war made his opposition significant.

This letter went out to MoveOn members today...

Dear Friends,

After decades of fighting for this country and our troops, I am up against the right-wing attack machine again.

Because of my work to end the Iraq war, they have thrown hundreds of thousands of dollars behind my opponent, who lives in Virginia with his family, not in my district in Pennsylvania. Now, I am suddenly being outspent 3 to 1.

They are up to the same old tricks, "swiftboating" me again as they did two years ago. So I am asking people who have stood with me on Iraq to stand with me again to stop them in their tracks.

Can you chip in $25 for me and a few other candidates at the link below?

https://pol.moveon.org/give/6days2.html?id=14796-4910505-NZUsM0x&t=3

This is a real emergency—with just 6 days left.

People like Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity are calling me a traitor and worse.

I didn't realize they had so much power to make him call his constituents names.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 29, 2008, 07:42:08 PM

Murtha always came off as wet skid mark to me, good riddance.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Murtha pleads... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools