Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is great « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 28, 2008, 08:04:08 PM

None taken bro...I'm just saying...it's hard for a lot of people through no fault of their own.  Not all homeless people want to be homeless...I'm just saying...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 28, 2008, 11:34:52 PM

too much, man, what have we become???

I agree. All of those homeless people. And a lot of them are Vets who fought for their country. It's amazing
that this kind of thing happens in such a rich country.

missing the point.

If a homeless person can claim a park bench as his residence at one precinct, what's to keep him from claiming 20 different benches in 20 diferent parks in 20 different precints?

I didn't miss the point at all.

I'm trying to find more details on this story but all I find are AP/Wire summaries.

#17 : October 28, 2008, 11:55:20 PM

None taken bro...I'm just saying...it's hard for a lot of people through no fault of their own. Not all homeless people want to be homeless...I'm just saying...

Would agree with you my friend, and not all people want help and over look it too.  What is sad though is those who do look to better themselves, sometimes get overshadowed by the ones who take advantage.  If there was a way to only shine light on those who do better themselves, to separate from those who don't,  IMO that is the challenge.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 29, 2008, 09:20:54 AM

i'll list my address as "that tree over there" on my voter registration - LOL!

and we're convinced there won't be any voter fraud, eh?

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/10/28/ajudgerule.html?sid=101

too much, man, what have we become???

we are turning into the country we used to make fun of on network news during their elections - geez.

I think unless your drivers license says "that tree over there" for your address as well then you won't be able to vote or have to do a provisional.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 29, 2008, 09:43:40 AM

but ya can't get a driver's license without an address so it's a catch 22 - or it should be, but it's not.

chev, i hear ya - not sayin' all people want to be homeless, can't say that all don't either.  the ones with personal pride that caught a bad hand and are fighting their way to solving their crisis should be commended, and assisted.  the career panhandler that will take $$$ to vote as often as someone will drive them to a precinct is the problem.  i am concerned that the latter is more prevalent than the former.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 29, 2008, 11:57:30 AM

Yeah, you kinda did.

Nobody is trying to say a homeless person shouldn't be allowed to vote.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 29, 2008, 12:27:07 PM

what have we become???

we are turning into the country we used to make fun of on network news during their elections - geez.

Then we have the touch screen voting machines that don't give you a paper receipt for who you voted for.
We've gone in the other direction. If we're not going to give the voter proof of who they voted for, then
we need to go to paper ballots where we mark the candidates'  name and hand counting, like in Canada.

Also, even with a receipt, there's no way to know if that's how the computer recorded your vote. It's
ripe for computer fraud.

I think the Canadian system is what we should be using.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 29, 2008, 12:35:01 PM

Look at how pathetic some of these machines can be:

It was out of calibration. So he calibrates it and it still doesn't work.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 29, 2008, 01:30:54 PM

Yeah, you kinda did.

Nobody is trying to say a homeless person shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Oh.  Good!

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 29, 2008, 02:26:39 PM

what have we become???

Then we have the touch screen voting machines that don't give you a paper receipt for who you voted for.
We've gone in the other direction. If we're not going to give the voter proof of who they voted for, then
we need to go to paper ballots where we mark the candidates'  name and hand counting, like in Canada.

Also, even with a receipt, there's no way to know if that's how the computer recorded your vote. It's
ripe for computer fraud.

I think the Canadian system is what we should be using.

Florida is using these ridiculous paper ballots where you fill in the dots like IQ tests.  This right after spending how many millions for the touch-screens.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 29, 2008, 05:39:28 PM

but ya can't get a driver's license without an address so it's a catch 22 - or it should be, but it's not.

chev, i hear ya - not sayin' all people want to be homeless, can't say that all don't either. the ones with personal pride that caught a bad hand and are fighting their way to solving their crisis should be commended, and assisted. the career panhandler that will take $$$ to vote as often as someone will drive them to a precinct is the problem. i am concerned that the latter is more prevalent than the former.

I'm not so niave to believe that people don't capitalize on whatever situation they may be in.  What's the difference between the CEO of a company that screws up your livelihood and/or savings vs the guy who takes money to vote 50 times?  In my mind they are both dirt bags.  I think there are less people who fit the di**CENSORED**able descriptions than ones trying to make it.  Only reason I say that is because I've had jobs where I worked with the dreggs of society, if you will, and found many diamonds amoungst rough higher that any Brittish Open.

When it takes so much of your energy and wherewithall to even get to minimum wage what kind of incentive do you have to go any farther.  Who's gonna give you an opportunity (much less you trying to make an opportunity) in this economy?  All I'm saying is you can't lump them all in dawg and sometimes, just sometimes, think to yourself how blessed you are that you're not there...

I've been broke before.  I'm not talking about not having some grip day before payday, I'm talking about bumming filterless Pall Mall cigarettes from my elderly next door neighbor broke.  And I've lived large as well.  I've been blessed to have the fotitude to make it through both and live comfortable now, but still look over my back for when the next travesty will occur...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is great « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools