Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Super Rich evil CEO's for Obama « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: October 29, 2008, 09:32:51 PM

Those "evil" CEOS are for OBAMA

That has to break the DNC code, wheres the outrage?

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/10/13/the-rich-support-mccain-the-super-rich-support-obama/

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 29, 2008, 10:14:31 PM

That isn't a surprise really.  Many new aspiring millionaires are still driven by greed.  Once they break the $10+ million mark they start to give more money away because they realize they can't spend it all.  Many very wealthy people, $500+ million, donate a lot to charity so they don;t care about a little more tax.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 29, 2008, 10:47:47 PM

That isn't a surprise really.  Many new aspiring millionaires are still driven by greed.  Once they break the $10+ million mark they start to give more money away because they realize they can't spend it all.  Many very wealthy people, $500+ million, donate a lot to charity so they don;t care about a little more tax.

or these politicians tell these guys we dont know...

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 30, 2008, 08:41:41 AM

And they have really good accountants...

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : October 30, 2008, 08:45:59 AM

Obama's the antichrist.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2008, 09:02:15 AM

That isn't a surprise really. Many new aspiring millionaires are still driven by greed. Once they break the $10+ million mark they start to give more money away because they realize they can't spend it all. Many very wealthy people, $500+ million, donate a lot to charity so they don;t care about a little more tax.

And they have really good accountants...

True but most business people, large or small, find ways to minimize their tax bill.  I had a relatively small business for a decade and my 'true' earnings were at least double my declared earnings. 

Many 'super' rich actually start giving huge amounts of money away.  Buffet, Gates, and many others donate billions to charity, which is great, BUT many of them help overseas causes, which is not so great when they earned much of their fortunes off the backs of American workers.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 30, 2008, 11:25:47 AM

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/10/13/the-rich-support-mccain-the-super-rich-support-obama/

it is called hedging your bets and greasing the right wheels. There is no logic in buying favors from McCain if he loses. You buy favors from the guy you think will win.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 30, 2008, 12:36:18 PM

it is called hedging your bets and greasing the right wheels. There is no logic in buying favors from McCain if he loses. You buy favors from the guy you think will win.

I dont know, Id be willing to bet it was the same in 04, I can think of Gates, Buffett, and Paul Allen all voted for Kerry. I just think many they get tips on deals from more politicians on that side of the fence. These super rich guys know about whats coming ahead before we do

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Super Rich evil CEO's for Obama « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools