Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson talks about the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#15 : October 13, 2006, 03:41:39 AM

I'm not missing Jackson at all, I still think the MVP should've been awarded to Dwight Smith rather then DJ

#16 : October 13, 2006, 07:25:11 AM

I'm not missing Jackson at all, I still think the MVP should've been awarded to Dwight Smith rather then DJ

Jackson made his impact when the game was still in doubt.

replica

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 13, 2006, 08:19:46 AM

I was under the impression that D Jax went to Cincy for the money, we signed him for 1 year after he had a back injury and gave him a chance to prove to other teams that he could still play.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 13, 2006, 08:38:47 AM

If we were the number one defense in the league.  No one would be talking about Dexter's departure.  We'd all be calling him a hurt cast off.  But even when he wasn't in the game we played well.  Call it what you will, he was a VITAL cog in the wheel and we miss him.  There's no two ways about that.  I'd take his bad hammy and all right now over what we have...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#19 : October 13, 2006, 08:53:36 AM

He had his 15 minutes in the Super Bowl. But I havent seen much since then.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 13, 2006, 08:58:30 AM

If we were the number one defense in the league.  No one would be talking about Dexter's departure.  We'd all be calling him a hurt cast off.  But even when he wasn't in the game we played well.  Call it what you will, he was a VITAL cog in the wheel and we miss him.  There's no two ways about that.  I'd take his bad hammy and all right now over what we have...

Chev Dex was a non factor last year.  That is why I can not say he was as a vital cog last year.  Allen may have missed some playing time last year as well but he made his presence felt with some splash plays.

Considering how poorly ranked the Bengals defense is and Dex is injured again I would say he is not a vital cog for the Bengals either.  Dexter's last best year was in Zona before going down with his back injury.  He was the MVP for that Zona team.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 13, 2006, 09:07:42 AM

Chev Dex was a non factor last year. That is why I can not say he was as a vital cog last year. Allen may have missed some playing time last year as well but he made his presence felt with some splash plays.

Considering how poorly ranked the Bengals defense is and Dex is injured again I would say he is not a vital cog for the Bengals either. Dexter's last best year was in Zona before going down with his back injury. He was the MVP for that Zona team.

If he was such a non-factor why are we sucking at the position today?  And let me ask you this, right now if you were BA and Ciny lost their freaking minds and said I'll give you Jax for Flip straight up, give where we are defensively and what you've seen on the field, would you pull the trigger?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : October 13, 2006, 09:10:58 AM

"He's the only starter who doesn't return to a Tampa defense ranked 30th against the run, giving up 163 yards per game, 50 more than a Bengals unit ranked 27th. "

Wha??  The Bengals give up 144 yards a game on the ground.  The Bucs give up 162.

Fifty more yards?   ???

It sounds like DexJax thinks he is the reason why the Bucs held stout last year.  Considering his team is giving up 144 on the ground per game, it sounds like he is full of schhhh...you know Pewter Party (LOL!)
Twice the Buccs had championship seasons with a #1 ranked defense...2002 and 2005. Both times the Buccs let D-Jax get away, and followed up with horrible seasons. I actually have thought how eerie this is.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 13, 2006, 09:12:50 AM

If he was such a non-factor why are we sucking at the position today?  And let me ask you this, right now if you were BA and Ciny lost their freaking minds and said I'll give you Jax for Flip straight up, give where we are defensively and what you've seen on the field, would you pull the trigger?

I seem to remember people ripping Dexter last year for his miscues.  Would I pull the trigger? No way.  Jackson has serious back issues and can not be relied upon.   I rather take a average/below average player that can stay healhy over a player that may be above average and has a hard time staying healthy.

The safety spot in this defense has never been a vital cog nor has SSLB.  I would rather have Damien Robinson/Dwight Smith back at this point but that does not mean that both were vital cogs on defense playing safety.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 13, 2006, 09:13:02 AM

Twice the Buccs had championship seasons with a #1 ranked defense...2002 and 2005. Both times the Buccs let D-Jax get away, and followed up with horrible seasons. I actually have thought how eerie this is.

Once it might be eerie, twice is no fluke...especially when you know what this defense is all about and how the SS play is critical to the success...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 13, 2006, 09:14:20 AM

Once it might be eerie, twice is no fluke...especially when you know what this defense is all about and how the SS play is critical to the success...

If that is the case then why is the Bengals defense so poor? 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 13, 2006, 09:14:42 AM

I seem to remember people ripping Dexter last year for his miscues. Would I pull the trigger? No way. Jackson has serious back issues and can not be relied upon. I rather take a average/below average player that can stay healhy over a player that may be above average and has a hard time staying healthy.

The safety spot in this defense has never been a vital cog nor has SSLB. I would rather have Damien Robinson/Dwight Smith back at this point but that does not mean that both were vital cogs on defense playing safety.

You are skating the issue by adding other players in the mix.  Straight up you'd keep Flip and his 5 tackles missed per game vs D-Jax? ???

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 13, 2006, 09:15:55 AM

If that is the case then why is the Bengals defense so poor?

I'm talking about us, who cares how good their D is when we are in the cellar? [banghead]

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 13, 2006, 09:16:43 AM

I'm talking about us, who cares how good their D is when we are in the cellar? [banghead]

Who cares?  Their run defense is poor with him.  Implying the Bucs defense is poor without him I think is absurd. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 13, 2006, 10:06:33 AM

Who cares? Their run defense is poor with him. Implying the Bucs defense is poor without him I think is absurd.

Well we'll agree to disagree with that one.  I think their d is not better as he's been hurt...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson talks about the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools