Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson talks about the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsAddict

Starter

#30 : October 13, 2006, 10:08:42 AM

I'm not missing Jackson at all, I still think the MVP should've been awarded to Dwight Smith rather then DJ

yup

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 13, 2006, 10:13:05 AM

OK Smith should have won the MVP, but does that lesson Jax's contribution?  No.  Flip is not getting it done, for whatever reason.  It's not just the tackling either.  I'll say this, I think today at 0-4 we'd be better off with him than we are at present without him...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#32 : October 13, 2006, 10:24:18 AM

If that is the case then why is the Bengals defense so poor? 
Apparently ADW did bother to read the article. Why don't you go back and read it. Their defense stopped the run....until D-Jax was injured.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#33 : October 14, 2006, 11:00:17 AM

now he is taking shots directly at Gruden...

from st. pete times:

Ex-Bucs safety Dexter Jackson, now with the Bengals, criticized Gruden in an interview with the Dayton (Ohio) Daily News.

"I think he just takes stuff for granted," said Jackson, who signed a four-year, $7.6-million deal in the offseason. "It hurt. I was only MVP of the Super Bowl, and when it came down to negotiations, guys like (defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin) really pushed hard for me. But (Gruden) wanted to go in a different direction."

Jackson added his departure might have something to do with the slippage of the team's defense.

"When I left (for Arizona in 2003), they dropped (from first to fifth)," he said. "And when I came back, they were the No. 1 defense again (in 2005). Now I left again and, well, look at them. You can only hide the truth for so long."

TBayJJ

Second String

#34 : October 14, 2006, 03:30:04 PM

I am glad he is gone. He called himself a important part of our defense. You have to be kidding. Did you see the year Derrick Brooks had that year. Jackson you stink go get hurt again you panzy. GO BUCS

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 14, 2006, 06:18:30 PM

Once it might be eerie, twice is no fluke...especially when you know what this defense is all about and how the SS play is critical to the success...
Bah.  DJax would make a difference, when DB, Ronde, Rice, BK, all solid vets couldn't?  Did you forget who plays on this D?  One player leaving on a team so full of vets doesn't bring down the house.

Go back to the Rod theory chev, at least that one makes sense.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#36 : October 15, 2006, 02:09:30 AM

Oh my GOD what an arrogant sh#t he is! 

"He said he’s had phone calls from those observing the ’06 edition of the Bucs in Tampa Bay.
“They talk about it. (They say) ‘They miss your leadership.’ Taking nothing away from (Derrick) Brooks and Ronde (Barber). They’re leaders, but to a certain extent,” Jackson said. “You can’t be a leader when you’re just playing good. You have to be a leader when you’re playing bad also. I was the person if you weren’t playing good to say, ‘OK guys. Let’s pick it up.’ ” '

Brooks is a leader TO A CERTAIN EXTENT? OMG

LA BUC

Starter

#37 : October 15, 2006, 03:45:10 AM

D.Jackson and J. Lynch will go down as the greatest safety tandoms in buc history
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexter Jackson talks about the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools