Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Contrast from JFK to Sarah Palin « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2008, 11:33:42 AM

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. JFK

Make your government work for you, rather than you working for your government. Sarah Palin

This from a woman running for a job with no knowledge of the duties of the position beyond being "in charge of the Senate".

She sounds like Rosanne Barr, only not as intelligent.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#1 : October 31, 2008, 11:41:13 AM

I would love to argue her credentials with you but she just never leaves any room when she opens her mouth.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 31, 2008, 01:27:36 PM

Ouch .... she's not THAT bad.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : October 31, 2008, 01:34:47 PM

There are times in her speeches that make her sound exactly like Roseanne - you're exactly right. I wondered what it was about her that made me think she was white trash.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2008, 01:36:46 PM

You guys shouldn't insult Roseanne like that.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

buckit

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 31, 2008, 01:50:59 PM

I'm sure Palin is a fine Gov.  But hell, even Jessie Venture can be Gov.  If McCain croaks in office (which becomes a higher probability everyday at his age) is Sara Palin really qualified to run the most powerful nation on earth?

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2008, 01:59:16 PM

Not sticking up for anyone, since I really can't stand any of these candidates, but its funny how people with no knowledge critique people for having no knowledge.  Everyone on this board combined probably has a fraction of government/diplomacy knowledge that the four candidates have. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

buckit

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 31, 2008, 02:02:00 PM

Not sticking up for anyone, since I really can't stand any of these candidates, but its funny how people with no knowledge critique people for having no knowledge.  Everyone on this board combined probably has a fraction of government/diplomacy knowledge that the four candidates have. 

Really?  Explain George W Bush.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 31, 2008, 02:14:04 PM

Really?  Explain George W Bush.

I wasn't aware that he was one of the candidates (hard to tell, listening to Obama though) but be real here; being a Governor  - whether its Alaska or Texas - is a pretty hands-on job.  You do it well or you do not (Gray Davis).  And it isn't a job that once done, you leave without  'experience.' 

Whether that experience is good or bad, is up to their record while in office.  Believe it or not, Bush wasn't a bad governor (assuming you're not an environmentalist - but I think everyone is nowadays). 

www.Atlbucs.com

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 31, 2008, 03:18:38 PM

more fearful to me that what "might" happen if mccain croaks, is what will happen when a guy whose district as a state senator is a joke, and whose spent his time as a US senator running for president will BE the POTUS.  ain't no might about it, and that gets brushed off because he surrounds himself with "quality" people (despite his track record?)

one unknown gets a hall pass (from some), the other that has actually governed does not (by some).  interesting really.  they used to call it front running...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 31, 2008, 03:40:17 PM

Obama's experience in politics... 3 years in the Senate, a lawyer, and a community organizer.
Palin's experience in politics...served as Mayor of a city. And governor of a state for 2 years with a 70% approval rating.

Remember that Ronald Reagan, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush....all were only governors before becoming president and had absolutely no foreign policy experience.

Remember also that Harry Truman never went to college.

So Im not quite sure what you consider to be "qualified" to be the president. The constitution just says that you must be a citizen, over 35 years of age, and have lived in the US for the past 7 years. After that, the founding fathers believed it is up to the people to decide what would be considered qualified. And we've had presidents that never went to college, to military generals, to lawyers, to businessmen...

In the past, you can be confident that the people around the president are the best minds out there for each field. Like the defense secretary would be the most knowledgeable person when it comes to military, defense, and foreign policy. Your secretary of state would be your best diplomacy expery. Your treasury secretary would be the best economist. and etc, etc... The problem is recently such positions have become used as rewards. The newly-elected president puts people in those positions not because they are the best people for the jobs, but those people helped get the president elected.

The biggest difference between Obama and Palin is executive experience. Obama has never run anything other than his political campaign. He's never run a city, a state, or even a business. He's never been directly in charge of anything while Palin has.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 31, 2008, 03:53:49 PM

I'm sure Palin is a fine Gov.  But hell, even Jessie Venture can be Gov.  If McCain croaks in office (which becomes a higher probability everyday at his age) is Sara Palin really qualified to run the most powerful nation on earth?
No.

You're right. She's worse.......much worse.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 31, 2008, 03:57:40 PM

And yet all that "Executive experience" isn't gonna win. Because voters aren't as dumb as you'd like to think. They know their situations and they aren't great.
So, Obama it is.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 31, 2008, 04:22:13 PM

No.

You're right. She's worse.......much worse.

Ha - I saw your yard in the news...

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 31, 2008, 04:24:02 PM

And yet all that "Executive experience" isn't gonna win. Because voters aren't as dumb as you'd like to think. They know their situations and they aren't great.
So, Obama it is.

Yes - as a whole - voters really are dumb.  What percentage of voters do you think can name their representatives?  5%?  Voters dont know issues, just personalities or political alignment.  They don't know historical voting records of candidates, just commercial statistics.  This election, just like the last one, is a "Anyone but Bush" - but more of a "Anyone but a Republican."  Voters should vote for people, not against people. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Contrast from JFK to Sarah Palin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools