Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ya Wanna run? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2008, 02:19:37 PM

How about this line up?

Regular OL.
QB
Graham
3 tight ends.
Clayton-for his superior blocking.

Who could stop em?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 31, 2008, 02:24:10 PM

The coach

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 31, 2008, 02:28:17 PM

Why wouldn't it work.

All 3 tight ends are capable receivers-just in case the runs breaks down.

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 31, 2008, 02:28:42 PM

Nfl coordinators would find a way too Stan. You need a good mix of both pass and run for both to work equally. When one gets taken away the coach automatically start trying to exploit the other. It is a trap that Gruden seems to always walk into. Ultimately you have to run to pass. Not pass to run. It is just when we get behind I think Gruden starts to panic and gives up on the run. I am all for running the ball but will take a win regardless of the stats. If it means throwing the ball as many times as Griese did to win then so be it. Believe me if it were as simple as you have said Gruden would run Earnest until his legs fell off. Besides can you imaging the all the holding penalties?

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2008, 02:54:57 PM

Ever heard of Goalline defense? It works pretty well against the running game.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 31, 2008, 02:57:18 PM

stan - Like the idea, but as stated above you have to be able to throw the football as well, maybe a little tweaking of your idea, instead of three tightends have Zuttah as the fullback with Clayton and Bryant as well as Gilmore which would still give the defensive coordinator something to think about

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 31, 2008, 03:08:46 PM

Really shows how important Askew is with his great lead blocking.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 31, 2008, 03:47:56 PM

Sure.  Come out with 3 TEs and I'll put 10 in the box and play Cover 1.  All linebackers, no corners.  Now what?

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 31, 2008, 03:58:43 PM

Then we can all complain about how the QB sucks.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

buckit

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 31, 2008, 04:08:34 PM

Then we can all complain about how the QB sucks.

LOL.  Nice one.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 31, 2008, 05:33:38 PM

Sure.  Come out with 3 TEs and I'll put 10 in the box and play Cover 1.  All linebackers, no corners.  Now what?

you really think all LB's can cover clayton, stevens, and smith?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

buckit

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 31, 2008, 05:36:51 PM

Sure. Come out with 3 TEs and I'll put 10 in the box and play Cover 1. All linebackers, no corners. Now what?

you really think all LB's can cover clayton, stevens, and smith?

The right LB's could.  Besides, this isn't a pass play, it's a run.  If they try to pass out of it, I'd blitz.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 31, 2008, 05:47:20 PM

Ah.  But the defense wouldn't know what your are doing-pass or run.

Think it could work-but not all the time. Enough to screw up a defense.

You do it to till they figure it out. Won't necessarily work multiple times against a 3/4. But a defense has to have good solid LB to stop it.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 31, 2008, 05:48:56 PM

depending on the blitz it would leave a player either one on one or free for a quick pass

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 31, 2008, 07:28:23 PM

I can picture the team line up in that formation, have the defense confused then Garcia calls one of his patented timeouts.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ya Wanna run? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools