Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ya Wanna run? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : October 31, 2008, 07:46:00 PM

I can picture the team line up in that formation, have the defense confused then Garcia calls one of his patented timeouts.

lol..... it kills me.

As for running the ball, why must we resort to trickery & deception? How bout lining up and imposing your will on the defense. That's what "the best line in team history" is supposed to do, isn't it?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 31, 2008, 07:49:10 PM

Easier to run - and block - from a spread.  Just my .02

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 31, 2008, 07:51:50 PM

Hate - you would think with the amount of money and draft picks invested in this line they would be able to do that, but it might be scheme, coaching or just the lack of wanting to truly establish the run as it would take away from this great passing attack that we are privileged enough to watch week in and week out

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 31, 2008, 07:53:16 PM

Dbuc - while it is easier to run from the spread how often do you see the team spread a defense out. not often at all the formations are always so tight it just invites extra defenders into to help congest the middle that much more

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 31, 2008, 08:00:39 PM

Yep - and it drives me nutty yuc, I hate running from the bunch - and I think if they would use splits and motion - now I sound like I am trying to design plays - sorry.  I do like watching rbs run from the spread - puts them in the open field so quickly

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#20 : October 31, 2008, 11:05:07 PM

Yep - and it drives me nutty yuc, I hate running from the bunch - and I think if they would use splits and motion - now I sound like I am trying to design plays - sorry. I do like watching rbs run from the spread - puts them in the open field so quickly

I'm glad we agree on sumthin!!!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 31, 2008, 11:26:39 PM

Things you can count on.  First play will be a pass downfield to Stevens.  Our 10th play will be a time out.  Our first score will be a field goal.  We will dominate but not score additionally in the first quarter.

Second quarter.  Struggle with run and pass and happy feet.  We have the ball in the last two minutes on our 20 yard line.  The clock will be mismanaged.  We struggle up the field to their 35 and Garcia throws a one yard pass and half begins.

Third quarter.  We sleep. Then Garcia runs for a first.  Clayton catches everything. We make another field goal.  Maybe Chiefs throw a long beautiful TD. Somebody good gets hurt.

Fourth Quarter.  Second half of fourth quarter we wake up.  D gets ball back to us.  We get it to their 8 yard line.  Somebody fumbles.  Our D holds them and we get ball back.  We make another field goal.  We win or lose.

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 01, 2008, 06:16:55 AM

Unc,
The problem with the alignment is it gives the defense the advantage.  For all intents and purpose the defense does not worry about the QB in regards to running the ball or blocking.  So in this alignment it is basically 9 in the box with a deep safety and single coverage on the WR.  And since you are matching the offense with defenders you will at worst have a one on one against the RB and in some cases, the DTs tie up 2 OLs or and OL and TE.  You might get a yard or 2, but I don't think it will be successful in getting you first downs.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 03, 2008, 10:13:05 AM

Easier to run - and block - from a spread. Just my .02

Both college and Pro teams are beginning to realize that very fact.  The spread could be the new WCO...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ya Wanna run? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools