Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is the tax change set at $250,000? Is there something significant about it? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
: October 31, 2008, 07:38:14 PM

i was driving home today, i was thinking about the election.. i thought about campaigns of mccain and obama and barr...

and the main problem people have is the taxes...

mccain wants to lower taxes for all

obama wants to lower taxes for under $250K

barr wants to get rid of income tax all together and add more sales tax

... anyway...

i thought... why should the local business man hurt with obamas plan?

why should corpoations that send jobs over seas get major tax breaks with mccains plan?

and how would barr ever be able to convince america that the income tax is one of the worst things america has had to go through...

...so i thought and thought....

and then i said... why not just mediate between them?

why cant someone come out and say they want to raise the border from middle to high class up to $750K?

the small business man would like that...

the working class would like that...

the only people that would not benefit would be CEO's and big business owners that ship work overseas.

..which then brought me to something else...

we would tax these coporations alot!  BUT... this is the kicker...

we start taxing incoming goods from other countries heavily to increase industry in america...

we place regulations on corporations to decrease workforce in other countries 4% per year. if that happens, the get tax breaks.

we place regulations saying they have to increase workforce in america 4% per year.  if they do, they get tax breaks.

...then i got into energy...

why cant we start a solar revolution? why cant someone go in office as either party candidate and say that we need to switch over to solar heavily now.

imagine what that would do for the economy.  imagine taking your electric bill now and only paying 10-30% of it.  how much would you have at the end of the year?  christmas bonus.  and then you get an extra christmas bonus from your boss... it would entice americans to spend spend spend.  it would instantly give our market a kick in the rear.

...one more thing...

i saw a movie "can mr. smith make it to washington anymore"

about a 28 year old guy in indiana running for congress with no backround or anything.  he called people's houses and talked to them, went to tea parties.  held debates.  talked alot, worked crazily for 6 months to lose to a guy by a few hundred votes. it still was a success... but he didnt do it, the guy with the most funding and name power won.  but it was interesting...

you feel me?

what do you guys think?

should i run for congress next term? lol

kmitchell

Starter

#1 : October 31, 2008, 07:56:07 PM

about a 28 year old guy in indiana running for congress with no backround or anything.  he called people's houses and talked to them, went to tea parties.  held debates.  talked alot, worked crazily for 6 months to lose to a guy by a few hundred votes. it still was a success... but he didnt do it, the guy with the most funding and name power won.  but it was interesting...

you feel me?

what do you guys think?

should i run for congress next term? lol

Only if you can convince Congress that a $10 billion Buccaneers stadium is vital for national defense. You have my vote!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 31, 2008, 07:58:06 PM

damn thought id be getting some feedback from people... i think its a good idea with my limited knowledge of the subject..

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 31, 2008, 07:59:39 PM

Your going to suck as a politician, you actually think things out and make sense.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 31, 2008, 08:02:44 PM

Your going to suck as a politician, you actually think things out and make sense.

yea, only flawed thinking gets funds in the political world lol .. so freaking true

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 31, 2008, 08:09:13 PM

why cant we start a solar revolution? why cant someone go in office as either party candidate and say that we need to switch over to solar heavily now.

The answer to this question lies with this tread: http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=30533.0

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2008, 08:19:39 PM

SBF, you wouldn't need to convince Americans that the income tax needs to go away.

This is off topic but I had to share.

Palin was giving an energy policy speech at a Solar Technology start-up a few days ago. What famous Palin
phrase did she share with them?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h21ZbzgPbTVRftcJPT5vkHkonY5QD94482QO1

Palin spoke after touring Xunlight Corp., one of a handful of solar technology startup companies in Toledo, a struggling industrial city in this swing state. The city's leaders are hoping that the solar companies will create jobs to replace some of those lost by downsizing in the auto industry.

But Palin made only a passing reference to solar power in her speech and instead renewed her call for more drilling in U.S. coastal waters. She repeated her signature anthem, "drill, baby, drill," which seemed to fall a bit flat on the audience at the plant even as it's become a popular chant at her rallies.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 31, 2008, 08:35:52 PM

SBF, you wouldn't need to convince Americans that the income tax needs to go away.

This is off topic but I had to share.

Palin was giving an energy policy speech at a Solar Technology start-up a few days ago. What famous Palin
phrase did she share with them?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h21ZbzgPbTVRftcJPT5vkHkonY5QD94482QO1

Palin spoke after touring Xunlight Corp., one of a handful of solar technology startup companies in Toledo, a struggling industrial city in this swing state. The city's leaders are hoping that the solar companies will create jobs to replace some of those lost by downsizing in the auto industry.

But Palin made only a passing reference to solar power in her speech and instead renewed her call for more drilling in U.S. coastal waters. She repeated her signature anthem, "drill, baby, drill," which seemed to fall a bit flat on the audience at the plant even as it's become a popular chant at her rallies.

Wow, what an idiot

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 31, 2008, 08:40:50 PM

She has one of the lowest approval rating for a VP candidate ever yet die hard republicans are still rallying behind her.    At least she was good for a laugh and added a little eye candy to the campaign. 

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 31, 2008, 09:08:40 PM

back on topic here... so is there any reason the bar is set at 250000? can it be raised?  why is no one in office even thinking like that?

instead of arguing.. mediate...gets a lot more done

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 31, 2008, 09:17:52 PM

Ultimately the bar will be lower than $250k, and the increase will be more than 4%.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 31, 2008, 09:18:30 PM

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 31, 2008, 09:21:06 PM

Ultimately the bar will be lower than $250k, and the increase will be more than 4%.

Yep - and significantly on both counts I would imagine.  Obama, Reid and Pelosi have a lot of constituents to repay for their votes.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 31, 2008, 09:28:09 PM

so should i run for congress?!  haha

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 31, 2008, 09:29:34 PM

so should i run for congress?!  haha

Feel free.......but take your time and drink plenty of water, its a long way from Sarasota.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is the tax change set at $250,000? Is there something significant about it? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools