Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free doughnuts, coffee, and ice cream for voting! « previous next »
Page: 1

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

: November 01, 2008, 01:34:37 PM

Free munchies for voting.  Bring your I Voted sticker in on election day and score!  Ben and Jerry's, Florida Starbucks, and Krispy Kreme.

Ben and Jerry's
 BURLINGTON, Vt., Oct 29, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- As the election heats up throughout the country, people are finding that there's more to choosing a new president than meets the eye; there is also the belly.
On the evening of November 4th, from 5 -- 8 pm, Ben & Jerry's ice cream Scoop Shops will be giving away free scoops across the nation. "Originally, we planned to give free scoops away just to those who voted. We found out afterwards that certain laws may not allow it. So instead we're celebrating our election with a national party," said Walt Freese, Chief Euphoria Officer of the Vermont based ice-cream maker. "Democracy never tasted so sweet," added Freese summing up the effort. "

Starbucks
Starbucks Florida stores just released this statement:

Floridians have persevered through hanging chads, faulty touch screens and long lines, and for that, Starbucks is rewarding voters statewide on Election Day.  On Tuesday, November 4th, voters who wear an "I Voted" sticker or show their voter registration card in any company-owned Starbucks Florida location will receive a complimentary tall brewed coffee."

Krispy Kreme
Not to be outdone by Taco Bell, Krispy Kreme is offering a free doughnut on Election Day to anyone boasting an "I Voted" sticker. "Your right to voice your choice will be rewarded with a patriotic doughnut that will remind you just how tasty freedom really is," the company said in a press release. Bonus: The doughnuts will be shaped like a star! "

We can all be patriotic and fat!

benir0

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 01, 2008, 07:18:56 PM

Thanks, man.  ;)

Bump.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free doughnuts, coffee, and ice cream for voting! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools