Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Lionel Dalton an option? « previous next »
Page: 1

gharen

Pro Bowler

: October 12, 2006, 11:46:48 AM

Saw where he was cut by the Chiefs yesterday. Just wondering if he would be someone the Bucs might be interested in. I know at one time he was a pretty good DT and we could use one of those. I just don't know how much he has left in the tank.

ABN

Starter
#1 : October 12, 2006, 11:52:01 AM

Since our tank needs refueling he is worth a tryout.

Blade

Starter

#2 : October 12, 2006, 12:14:33 PM

Lionel Dalton is  an excellent option I would think. We first need to know why he was cut, but why not take a look. I also saw that former 1st rounder Jonathan sullivan was cut loose too. Both are around 315lbs. and would merit a look-see (although Sullivan has had a history of getting in trouble)

watson

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 12, 2006, 12:17:35 PM

Based on discussion on the Buccaneer Blitz yesterday neither one would be a fit since they are not 1 gap defenders.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : October 12, 2006, 12:18:35 PM

We need a DT and fast. If we can get one to come in right now then that is good news. All we need is somebody to be a bit disruptive and the defense will look a whole lot better.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 12, 2006, 12:23:00 PM

Dalton is strictly a run stopper, but hell I'd take anyone over booger, not like he gets pressure anyway.

Baghead #2

gharen

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 12, 2006, 12:33:06 PM

Yeah, not like were really good at stopping the run.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 12, 2006, 01:20:10 PM

FRom PFT today-FWIW

But despite Len's explanation that Dalton didn't fit in the Herm Edwards "one-gap" defensive scheme and the suggestion that Dalton will be a "hot property" on the market, the chatter we're hearing out of Kansas City is that some teammates regarded Dalton as a royal pain in the butt.

Moreover, coach Herm Edwards said in August that new players wouldn't be necessary as the team moves from a two-gap to a one-gap system.  And we're not so sure that Dalton isn't a fit for a one-gap system, since the team actually used a one-gap system in 2004, the season in which Dalton first joined the team.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 12, 2006, 01:24:06 PM

I think we missed an opportunity with Kenny Peterson, who was signed by Denver yesterday...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2621386

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 12, 2006, 02:53:28 PM

I agree about Peterson.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Lionel Dalton an option? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools