Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Texas Tech vs Texas « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbuc

Starter
: November 02, 2008, 09:53:44 AM

If you didn't see that game last night you missed a great one.
I tie this to the Bucs this way:  With a lead early in the fourth quarter, Tech stayed aggressive and attacked the Texas defense when they could have ran the ball and tried to preserve that lead by eating up the clock.  Then, with the last possession of the game and down by one, they passed 10, 11, and 12 yards for three first downs in a row.  With 8 seconds left and one time out from easy field goal range, they took one more shot down field, throwing to their playmaker Crabtree, and it resulted in a touchdown for the win.
Why the hell can't the Bucs do the same thing?  Play aggressively with a lead and trust in playmakers by taking shots down the field.  I hope Gruden saw that game and took some notes.  That kind of excitement is what we deserve from a two first round pick/two second round pick/ [8 million dollar man. [banghead]

oregonbuc

Starter
#1 : November 02, 2008, 09:55:53 AM

...and, by the way, Shipley and Crabtree both look awesome.  Either would be nice in Pewter and Red.

Stratobuc

Starter
#2 : November 02, 2008, 10:00:16 AM

"Why the hell can't the Bucs do the same thing?"

Because college ball ain't the NFL. That being said - we need to throw down field more often.

That was a fun game to watch, though.

oregonbuc

Starter
#3 : November 02, 2008, 10:13:55 AM

"Why the hell can't the Bucs do the same thing?"

Because college ball ain't the NFL. That being said - we need to throw down field more often.

So because it's the NFL you can't play aggressively and take shots down field to your playmakers?  Please...that was the number one team in college football and if Tech would have played Grudenball, they would have lost.
I've seen plenty of NFL teams do that, just not from the boys in Pewter and Red.

That was a fun game to watch, though.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 02, 2008, 10:15:15 AM

GREAT game!!

Crabtree was awesome, and Shipley looked like he could be an NFL star....and returned a kick for a td!!

He DID, however, drop a bomb that hit him right in the hands and would have been a td early in the game.

.....just my opinion

Stratobuc

Starter
#5 : November 02, 2008, 10:19:03 AM

"number one team in college football "....would lose to the worst NFL team.

I simply offered an opinion. I agreed with you we that should throw deep more often - but to suggest we should attempt a deep ball on every third and long is asinine.

Rock on - Oregon.

oregonbuc

Starter
#6 : November 02, 2008, 10:31:32 AM

"number one team in college football "....would lose to the worst NFL team.

I simply offered an opinion. I agreed with you we that should throw deep more often - but to suggest we should attempt a deep ball on every third and long is asinine.

Rock on - Oregon.

Just a simple discussion.  I did not intend to discount your opinion.  No blood, no foul, Strato!
I do agree that the best team in college would get their arsses handed to them by the Lions, that's why there are two seperate leagues.  I'm just tired of watching the Bucs, in their league, play weak on offense.  We need to put the boots to people and I hope that starts today in KC.
I appreciate your input.

#7 : November 02, 2008, 10:39:07 AM

has a great attitude also,

which you don't see often with college star receivers

#8 : November 02, 2008, 10:52:12 AM

How bout the guy that dropped that easy INT a couple of plays earlier..... think he's a lil upset today?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : November 02, 2008, 10:59:02 AM

That was a great play, that really improved Crabtree a lot in my mind. He was amazing last night. Too bad we wont have a shot at him.

oregonbuc

Starter
#10 : November 02, 2008, 11:10:30 AM

How bout the guy that dropped that easy INT a couple of plays earlier..... think he's a lil upset today?

Yeah...that guy is gonna to have a miserable weekend.  That would have sealed the deal for Texas.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 02, 2008, 11:10:39 AM

I thought the same thing Hate.  When he didn't catch it, I thought, "THAT is going to come back to haunt Texas"....and boy DID it!!

.....just my opinion

biffbeaumont

Starter

#12 : November 02, 2008, 11:36:29 AM

That was one of the best college games i've ever seen. Man I wish we could get Crabtree. He is awesome.

Indeed it was. An instant classic. I don't know how they got the fans off the field twice!! That last throw to Crabtree was great and that kid was making those kinds of throws all night! What a game!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Texas Tech vs Texas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools