Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Typical Obama voter... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#60 : November 02, 2008, 11:04:28 AM

I would argue that when she presents herself in this light, she opens the door to be criticized in this way.  The giggles and the winks aren't befitting of a VP and I think many women would bristle at the idea that without these modes of expression, they become less womanly.  A woman can be strong and opinionated and serious and womanly, ALL.
Totally agree with this except the "befitting of VP" part.  I don't think her folksiness is inappropriate, but it's all about opinion and perceptions.  We all have them, and they're all different.  ;) LOL

benir0

Hall of Famer
#61 : November 02, 2008, 11:12:23 AM

I would argue that when she presents herself in this light, she opens the door to be criticized in this way.  The giggles and the winks aren't befitting of a VP and I think many women would bristle at the idea that without these modes of expression, they become less womanly.  A woman can be strong and opinionated and serious and womanly, ALL.
Totally agree with this except the "befitting of VP" part.  I don't think her folksiness is inappropriate, but it's all about opinion and perceptions.  We all have them, and they're all different.  ;) LOL

I can see where you are coming from.

Hmmm...maybe you and I just disagree about Palin?  ;)

firefall

Second String

#62 : November 02, 2008, 05:13:23 PM

My point was that a lot of Obama voters have unrealistic expectations. They think Obama is going to bring a utopia. There are people out there that legitimately believe they will be able to quit their jobs because Obama will take care of everything.

In fact, I think its the opposite. Things are going to get much worse in this country before they get better regardless who wins on Tuesday. The President does not have a whole lot of control over the economy.
Quick question--which president enacted the most welfare reforms?

William Jefferson Clinton--a Dem.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Typical Obama voter... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools