Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama shouldn't be #1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: November 02, 2008, 05:40:10 PM

Texas Tech controls their own destiny.  If they win out this tough stretch of games, they will play for the title.  No need for them (or anyone else) to complain

Texas Tech controls their own destiny.  If they win out this tough stretch of games, they will play for the title.  No need for them (or anyone else) to complain

Texas Tech controls their own destiny.  If they win out this tough stretch of games, they will play for the title.  No need for them (or anyone else) to complain.

OK, to spare you future repetitions and pointless cut and pasting:  I understand you're telling me not to complain.  10-4.  Okie dokie.  Comprende. 

But saying that the end result will be the same whether they're #1 or #2 doesn't address the issue. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 02, 2008, 05:00:54 PM

I'm sorry, Bama has only beat UGA...don't say that Clemson counts as a ranked team anymore. 

T-Tech knocked off the #1 team in the nation.  They should have, like Texas a few weeks before, leap frogged into the #1 spot after beating #1.  sounds like voters are still gnawing on the SEC hype. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 02, 2008, 05:08:17 PM

Yes, they should.

Texas Tech barely beat Nebraska in overtime.  Tech's schedule has been soft thus far.  They are coming up on a tough stretch.  If they win from here on out, they will be in the championship game.

Doesn't matter, though.  They will lose one of the next few games.  Too tough a stretch.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 02, 2008, 05:12:22 PM

Yes, they should.

Texas Tech barely beat Nebraska in overtime.  Tech's schedule has been soft thus far.  They are coming up on a tough stretch.  If they win from here on out, they will be in the championship game.

Doesn't matter, though.  They will lose one of the next few games.  Too tough a stretch.

Soft...like beating #1 and creaming Kansas (when they were ranked lower).

Bama beat UGA and has squeaked by a few others (UK, Miss).  UGA , after their public depantsing (7th grade vocab there) isn't all everyone thought they were.   I agree they'll lose, but when you look at work completed TT deserved it more.   I think UF will cream Alabama, too. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 02, 2008, 05:21:30 PM

Alabama's notable victories:

#9 Clemson - 34-10 (@ Clemson)
#3 Georgia - 31-10 (@ Georgia)

Texas Tech notable victories:

#23 Kansas - 63-21 (@ Kansas)
#1 Texas - 39-33 (at home)

Like I said, they should have lost to Nebraska (at home.)  I was watching that game, and they had no business winning.

Texas Tech controls their own destiny.  If they win out this tough stretch of games, they will play for the title.  No need for them (or anyone else) to complain.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 02, 2008, 05:22:50 PM

Alabama's notable victories:

#9 Clemson - 34-10 (@ Clemson)
#3 Georgia - 31-10 (@ Georgia)

Texas Tech notable victories:

#23 Kansas - 63-21 (@ Kansas)
#1 Texas - 39-33 (at home)

Like I said, they should have lost to Nebraska (at home.)  I was watching that game, and they had no business winning.

#9 Clemson - nice ammo.  Granted I mentioned Kansas, but at least KU is still getting votes.

www.Atlbucs.com

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 02, 2008, 05:28:48 PM

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 02, 2008, 05:30:19 PM

Then quit reading. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 02, 2008, 05:33:50 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 02, 2008, 05:35:30 PM

But, seriously, you will have a beef if Tech doesn't jump over Penn State in the BCS.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 02, 2008, 06:11:57 PM

OK, man.

I bet the playing out of the season will probably address the issue.

Maybe even next week, with OK St. at Tech and Alabama at LSU.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 02, 2008, 06:59:22 PM

It doesnt matter who's #1 right now.

Tech still has some tough games to play including the Conf. Title. I highly doubt they get through it undefeated. If they do, I'm sure they'll play in the title.

Bama I highly doubt gets through all their games.

Penn St. IMO is the only team a lock to go undefeated.

I think it's UF v PSU in title game.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 03, 2008, 09:32:19 AM

One thing is for sure... they don't play much defense in the Big 12. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 03, 2008, 10:19:27 AM

Oh my god, that is true.

I swear every Big 12 game I watch there are at least 15-20 missed tackles.

Those offenses are great, but the defenses leave A LOT to be desired.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 04, 2008, 11:43:23 AM

One thing is for sure... they don't play much defense in the Big 12. 

Texas proved that when they biffed that last second catch by Crabtree.  They had double coverage, too. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bama shouldn't be #1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools