Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett is in the dog house big time « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#90 : November 04, 2008, 10:38:09 AM

c'mon. this whole argument is dumb. bennett isnt losing carries due to talent, he just isnt getting carries. and the guy has a resume and produced in preseason so we know he can. the 7 carries he has this year, did he miss a hole, or did the OL not give him one? and how about smiths lack of ball security? he's leading our team in fumbles after 2 games.

what i would like to see is all our players given the opportunity to play.

What is this Pee Wee ball?

How about a 6 play minimum?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#91 : November 04, 2008, 10:41:25 AM

His resume hasn't been updated since 02. And we know he can produce because of what he did in the pre-season?! Come on! You know who people were RAVING about here in the pre-season? Brian "Pick 6" Griese. He was the next Brad Johnson, remember? People thought he looked All-World picking apart defenses for 4 yards a pop with some ridiculous completion percentage. Then regular season and real defenses came and he folded like a cheap tent.

Bennett didn't do anything more in preseason that Aaron Stecker did when he was with the Bucs. I don't recall a lot of people clamoring for him to be put in the lineup.  Bennett's probably getting a boost on the preseason whine chart because of Graham's history. That's a one shotter in all likelihood.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#92 : November 04, 2008, 10:49:20 AM

But I'm going to assume you're like the rest of us average joes.

You say you know Bennett is one of the smartest players on offense. How do you know this? Everything I've read about him claims the opposite, not that I trust most of what I read in the media. If he's a super smart guy who knows the offense like the back of his hand, that's great! But what's your evidence?

There's a comment in the PI roundtable from Sunday's game which addresses this very issue. ADW is a PI so he can read it himself.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#93 : November 04, 2008, 11:53:05 AM

What is this Pee Wee ball?

How about a 6 play minimum?

well if our O was shredding defenses then no one would be clamoring to see if the backups can produce.  id like to see the team improve, rather than stay status quo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bennett is in the dog house big time « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools