Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to hold Kiffin to the fire. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

: November 02, 2008, 07:19:11 PM

Whats funny to me is how Kiffen is throw on the fire after one week when his defense was bad, even after having a dominant defense for mostly every other week. Then the same people will back Gruden when he hasn't had a dominant offensive performance in six years, and he has had MANY MANY bad games.

So why the difference? I agree Monte had a bad game and got flat out destroyed out there, but Gruden has been getting beat just about every week. Why the difference there?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 02, 2008, 06:33:06 PM

There was absolutely no excuse for some of the defensive play calling.

Virtually every team is using some form of the wildcat at some point in the game.

Are you telling me we can't recognize the number of the QB and see he is not behind the ball?

We can't recognize a direct snap is likely?

We can't stop a 3rd string rusher?

The first half points, I lay all on Kiffin's doorstep.

Same for the ten points he handed to them.

Seeing as Barber is part of the defense, that's Kiffin's fault for keeping him in there when he is costing us.

There is plenty of blame to go around for today. IMO, Kiffin deserves most of it.

Hopefully, he got it out of his system.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 02, 2008, 06:35:28 PM

I have been saying the same thing, people want to blame gruden for everything instead of realizing that it was Kiffin that has control of the defense. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 02, 2008, 06:35:54 PM

Bad game by the D in the begining but they're allowed an off week.

Look for other teams to test these CB's long, Talib is the only player to avoid.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 02, 2008, 06:39:55 PM

Talib is the only player to avoid.

I think PBuc is our most solid corner at the moment, though I agree Talib is playing great. I know they got one long one on PBuc today, but he has been shutting down his side of the field all year.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 02, 2008, 06:45:18 PM

I agree our 2 best corners are talib and Pbuc I think they have both been solid and if it weren't for sabby's illegal contact Pbuc would have had another int on the year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 02, 2008, 06:47:08 PM

if it weren't for sabby's illegal contact Pbuc would have had another int on the year.

Really, if it wasn't for the illegal contact, Gonzalez probably catches the ball for the first down.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 02, 2008, 06:51:37 PM

With the way this D has played this year, I can't be too hard on Kiffin. They adjusted in this game and
got us the ball back when we needed it. I'm sure they'll learn from this.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 02, 2008, 06:52:54 PM

I do think a raised eyebrow has to be pointed towards Monte and the defense during the bye week, especially at Ronde. Time to take stock of everything as far as both sides of the ball and always room for improvement.

#9 : November 02, 2008, 06:53:15 PM

There was absolutely no excuse for some of the defensive play calling.

Virtually every team is using some form of the wildcat at some point in the game.

Are you telling me we can't recognize the number of the QB and see he is not behind the ball?

We can't recognize a direct snap is likely?

We can't stop a 3rd string rusher?

The first half points, I lay all on Kiffin's doorstep.

Same for the ten points he handed to them.

Seeing as Barber is part of the defense, that's Kiffin's fault for keeping him in there when he is costing us.

There is plenty of blame to go around for today. IMO, Kiffin deserves most of it.

Hopefully, he got it out of his system.

Unc, must they be perfect EVERY week?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 02, 2008, 06:53:24 PM

UMM I don't think we are thinking of the same play because he was step for step with gonzo but kept his hands on him and the ball was thrown to another reciever down field.  I am not bashing sabby at all don't get me wrong all I am saying if it weren't for that penalty Pbuc has another INT.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 02, 2008, 06:58:03 PM

UMM I don't think we are thinking of the same play because he was step for step with gonzo but kept his hands on him and the ball was thrown to another reciever down field.  I am not bashing sabby at all don't get me wrong all I am saying if it weren't for that penalty Pbuc has another INT.

No, it's the same play.

The ball was intended for Gonzo, which Piscitelli was covering.  When he held Gonzo, that prevented Gonzo from being in the spot he was supposed to be, thus the ball didn't get caught and went to Buchanon.

I was pissed at Sabby too at first, until I went back to watch the play.  If he doesn't hold, Gonzo catches the ball for the first down.  The penalty only added a few more yards than KC would have had anyways.

tajik_buc

Starter

#12 : November 02, 2008, 06:59:00 PM

Not everyweek, but against the Chiefs?  Yeah it was not the best of showings

#13 : November 02, 2008, 07:00:28 PM

Not everyweek, but against the Chiefs?  Yeah it was not the best of showings

You'll get no argument from me on that but in the grand scheme of things, the D has MORE than held up its end of the bargain.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 02, 2008, 07:00:34 PM

Oh my bad I didn't get to watch it again.  I thought it was just a horrible pass to his wide out and PBUC reacted to the ball.  

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to hold Kiffin to the fire. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools