Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to hold Kiffin to the fire. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

tajik_buc

Starter

#15 : November 02, 2008, 07:02:40 PM

Unc, must they be perfect EVERY week?

Not everyweek, but against the Chiefs?  Yeah it was not the best of showings

You'll get no argument from me on that but in the grand scheme of things, the D has MORE than held up its end of the bargain.

absolutely.

#16 : November 02, 2008, 07:15:36 PM

I've lost track of how many times I've said this Unc.  But it all has to go back to Gruden for some....and I guess it should since he is the head coach.  But there's enough pointing to go around IMO.

And Ronde Barber is all but washed.  Between penalties and getting toasted all season, he has become a HUGE liability.  He's had a great run, but his time is done.

#17 : November 02, 2008, 07:24:15 PM

Whats funny to me is how Kiffen is throw on the fire after one week when his defense was bad, even after having a dominant defense for mostly every other week. Then the same people will back Gruden when he hasn't had a dominant offensive performance in six years, and he has had MANY MANY bad games.

So why the difference? I agree Monte had a bad game and got flat out destroyed out there, but Gruden has been getting beat just about every week. Why the difference there?

Stop having a legitimate opinion and take a sip:

LtFox

Starter

#18 : November 02, 2008, 07:31:50 PM

Uncle Stan....we came into the game FIFTH in total defense. We had a bad game. Get over it. We also had FOUR turnovers. The defense, and Monte Kiffin, have been the ONLY consistent thing going this year (and for the last decade). It just goes to show how fickle (and in some cases ignorant) some fans are. Barber playing bad is Kiffin's fault? Good Lord. I would think that Barber playing bad would be Barber's fault. The scheme is there. Rewatch the Carolina game and put down the Kool-Aid.

tajik_buc

Starter

#19 : November 02, 2008, 07:36:16 PM

So why the difference? I agree Monte had a bad game and got flat out destroyed out there, but Gruden has been getting beat just about every week. Why the difference there?

Because we've gotten used to the D bailing out the O all these years.  Offensive offense we've gotten used to, the D being marched up and down the field by Tyler Thigpen?  Not used to that, and hopefully we won't again anytime soon

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#20 : November 02, 2008, 08:58:39 PM

Whats funny to me is how Kiffen is throw on the fire after one week when his defense was bad, even after having a dominant defense for mostly every other week. Then the same people will back Gruden when he hasn't had a dominant offensive performance in six years, and he has had MANY MANY bad games.

Agreed Hey until this week we didn't allow 200 total yards the last 5 weeks. Im not putting Kiffin on fire. KC came in and played a good game remember people Herm Edwards coached this defensive secondary for 6 years people you dont think he could have had something to do with the way KC came out in the first half? I think so but we adjusted in the second half and shut them down so im not worried. You guys need to relax! after every loat you looking to blame someone. The other team gets paid to win also! we ant win and play perfect football every week!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 02, 2008, 09:37:55 PM

The fact is that the ENTIRE TEAM was not prepared to play against a professional football team.  That's on the HC.

Defense didn't have their best game, that's for sure, but the first half was a total team meltdown.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 02, 2008, 09:44:44 PM

Whats funny to me is how Kiffen is throw on the fire after one week when his defense was bad, even after having a dominant defense for mostly every other week.

Don't let the board goobers get you down.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 02, 2008, 09:49:40 PM

The fact is that the ENTIRE TEAM was not prepared to play against a professional football team.  That's on the HC.

Defense didn't have their best game, that's for sure, but the first half was a total team meltdown.

Your quote shows just how much you really know about football and the structural tier of both Coaches...Learn before you open your mouth...also you can pull your foot out of your mouth...OBD

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 02, 2008, 10:02:50 PM

The fact is that the ENTIRE TEAM was not prepared to play against a professional football team.  That's on the HC.

Your quote shows just how much you really know about football and the structural tier of both Coaches...Learn before you open your mouth...also you can pull your foot out of your mouth...OBD

Are you telling me that the team that showed up in the first half came prepared to play?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 02, 2008, 10:05:07 PM

The fact is that the ENTIRE TEAM was not prepared to play against a professional football team. ?That's on the HC.

Are you telling me that the team that showed up in the first half came prepared to play?

You're going to pin the defense giving up 21 points with 10 mins. left to play in the first half on Gruden not having the troops ready to play?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 02, 2008, 10:07:46 PM

Bucs looked awful for 3/4 of the game.

At one point the commentators said the Chiefs came out with a different defensive scheme then they have seen on film (Similar to the Broncos and Dallas games). So it only took Gruden 2 3/4 games to figure out how to make midgame adjustments

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 02, 2008, 10:08:47 PM

The fact is that the ENTIRE TEAM was not prepared to play against a professional football team. ?That's on the HC.

You're going to pin the defense giving up 21 points with 10 mins. left to play in the first half on Gruden not having the troops ready to play?

Absolutely.  Both halves of the team didn't belong on the field.  

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#28 : November 02, 2008, 10:09:39 PM

Uncle Stan....we came into the game FIFTH in total defense. We had a bad game. Get over it. We also had FOUR turnovers. The defense, and Monte Kiffin, have been the ONLY consistent thing going this year (and for the last decade). It just goes to show how fickle (and in some cases ignorant) some fans are. Barber playing bad is Kiffin's fault? Good Lord. I would think that Barber playing bad would be Barber's fault. The scheme is there. Rewatch the Carolina game and put down the Kool-Aid.

Are you calling Uncle Stan ignorant?  If so, you get a thumbs down big time.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 02, 2008, 10:32:22 PM

The mark of a good team is how one unit will pick up another unit which is having a poor game.
     In this game it took a great Special Teams play to get us jump started. The Offense started chipping away after that and got some points on the board. In the 2nd half the Defense only gave up a FG, so they got back on track, too.
     In a comeback like this, it takes a total team effort from all 3 units!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time to hold Kiffin to the fire. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools