Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR OR QB ? « previous next »
Page: 1

headlines

Rookie

: November 02, 2008, 07:42:44 PM

I want a crabtree,hatvinheywerd-bey, just as much as the next guy trust  me ! but is it becoming more obviouse we need a qb over a reciever at this point ie (stafford) etc..

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 02, 2008, 07:51:32 PM

Without question we need a QB!

headlines

Rookie

#2 : November 02, 2008, 07:54:46 PM

i totally agree I would love to see crabtree in pewter but clayton was getting open as well as bryant and garcia just kept throwing the dump off we need a qb with a sack excuse the french

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 02, 2008, 07:55:14 PM

I love the kid Crabtree he plays with heart and goes all out on every play.  However if we want to look at QB I would be just as pleased if we could pick up the QB throwing to crabtree.  The kid has great touch, never gets worried when his pocket breaks down (if that ever happens because his Oline is that good), stands tall in the pocket and has a rifle for an arm and extremely accurate.  

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 02, 2008, 07:57:07 PM

Stafford, Crabtree, Harvin

Marks, Walker, or Tyson Jackson

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 02, 2008, 08:03:53 PM

Crabtree is probably the best reciever in the NCAA right now, I honestly don't think he would drop to us but I believe in miracles.

headlines

Rookie

#6 : November 02, 2008, 08:05:27 PM

Stafford, Crabtree, Harvin

Marks, Walker, or Tyson Jackson

again though it would be great to draft any of those but whos gona throw the bal to them ?

headlines

Rookie

#7 : November 02, 2008, 08:07:46 PM

my bad lol i would love stafford im really torn though because crabtree, harvin, and bey is the kinda juice we need in tis offense

fishman

Starter

#8 : November 02, 2008, 08:09:28 PM

Having a great receiver does nothing if you dont have a QB. A great QB can make an average passing team much better. It doesnt work the other way around.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

tajik_buc

Starter

#9 : November 02, 2008, 08:12:09 PM

I guess that is the question: what happens at QB after this year? Do the Bucs let Garcia walk? What if they make the playoffs?  Does Luke stay or go?  The track record for developing young QBs/wide-outs is not very good.  Other than Clayton (with arguable results), I can't think of any off the top of my head.  Any thoughts?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 02, 2008, 08:18:01 PM

Crabtree in the first, Colt McCoy in the 2nd and Jordan Shipley in the 3rd. I'd much rather have McCoy than Stafford or Harrell. McCoy can pick up yards with his arm and feet.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 02, 2008, 08:21:13 PM

Stafford's arm strength is unblemished. He can make every NFL throw in the book. The deep out, the deep in, and his deep ball accuracy is pin point. He'll probably get graded as a late first because his decision-making isn't up to par yet but he'd fit here well.

Think he's a much better prospect than Flacco by default because of the competition he plays in.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR OR QB ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools