Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want Russell « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

coopsxx

Starter
: January 04, 2007, 03:40:25 AM

I know there are probably a thousand people out there who like im after last nights game, and a thousand people are probably gonna tell me I am over reactin gand that he aint that good and bad value with are pick, but I like the guy.

I dont care about who we currently have at QB, or are 'needs,' (like qb aint a need??)

Russell is a freakin beast, his only major worry is is ability to run a complex pro system.

frankly i couldn't give 2 hoots if he can learn it and take us to the playoffs next year in a few years this guy will be a top QB, and sadly we probably wont have him, but he would instantly give us some sort of leadership and identity to an offense that quite frankly doesn't have a core.

I love CJ, who deosn't but A he will be gone, B until we get /develop a top QB we are barely good enough to get one receiver 1000. Gaines looks good but unless he turns into a Rice etc, we will be no better off that Houston was last year. (passing on a Physical freak of a Qb with intelligence worries.)

oh and since we alreadt spent a 1st in a LSU receiver, is there any thought that a former teammate could bring him out of a career threatening slump.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 04, 2007, 03:41:10 AM

He had a career game against a woeful secondary.

Not sold.  At all.

It would be a very very bad pick for the Bucs, IMO.

Footballer

Rookie

#2 : January 04, 2007, 03:48:26 AM

I like him too.

coopsxx

Starter
#3 : January 04, 2007, 04:38:49 AM

Not sold.  At all.

true it was a creer game but he has the seasonal stats to back it up

over 3000 yards,
67.8% completion,
28 td, 8 int
rating 167

what more do you need to be sold??

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146755

can you honestly say that in 3 years we wont be better off with Russell than;
Simms, gradkowski, Rattay, Garcia, bledsoe, plummer etc etc.
even quinn?? - sure LSU d is better than ND, but if quinn is struggling badly against LSU then it aint a good sign for when he faces the ravens, or chargers or panthers etc etc.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 04, 2007, 05:14:44 AM

Lesson........NEVER.....I MEAN EVER.....START A THREAD WITH THAT TAG LINE......................REALLY MAKES THE THREAD SOUND WELL.....SEXUAL IN NATURE.    TRY THIS........................"I REALLY LIKE RUSSEL IN THE FIRST ROUND.               FOR A MINUTE THERE I THOUGHT YOU MEANT RUSSELL SIMMONS AND THAT  COULD VERY WELL GET YOU KILLED.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 04, 2007, 06:01:44 AM

I agree with Zell.   I thought he wanted to sleep with Russell.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 04, 2007, 08:30:22 AM

His recceivers were pretty wide open.  He did look great though. On the Flip side Quinn looked like a first round bust waiting to happen.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 04, 2007, 08:39:27 AM

Lesson........NEVER.....I MEAN EVER.....START A THREAD WITH THAT TAG LINE......................REALLY MAKES THE THREAD SOUND WELL.....SEXUAL IN NATURE. TRY THIS........................"I REALLY LIKE RUSSEL IN THE FIRST ROUND. FOR A MINUTE THERE I THOUGHT YOU MEANT RUSSELL SIMMONS AND THAT COULD VERY WELL GET YOU KILLED.

really? I knew what he was talking about immediately.

#8 : January 04, 2007, 08:41:02 AM

I thought he wanted to sleep with Russell.
Me too...I guess Rjgobucs is the only one. jk

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 04, 2007, 08:49:25 AM

I do not think it would be a bad pick for (Russell) the Bucs but ultimately I do not see the Bucs drafting a QB in round 1 or even day one to be blunt this year unless they are the clear cut BAP.  But that is debatable as we speak as Brohm and Russell may not declare and Quinn does not look like the BAP if he drops to the Bucs. If Brohm and Russell do declare then all the better for the Bucs.  It would open up trade offers but it would truly allow some other players to drop onto the Bucs lap if 1 or 2 teams draft a QB ahead of the Bucs.  Al Davis rarely drafts QB's in the first round but Russell is a kind of talent that Davis drools for.  It is probably between Russell if he declares and CJ for #1 overall.  Then again Davis is known for reaching for players regardless of draft position and may draft Mershawn Lynch #1 overall :P

#10 : January 04, 2007, 09:00:59 AM

Russell will be a very good, if not great, NFL QB.  I could definitely see Gruden picking him, but I doubt he lasts to our pick.  Russell's emergence is a good thing for the Buccs though, maybe two QBs will be picked at the top of the board.

#11 : January 04, 2007, 09:18:05 AM

Not sold. At all.

Only way I would do it is to trade down to about 7 pick up an extra 2nd rounder in the process.

If Calvin Johnson/Joe Thomas/Adrian Peterson/Gaines adams is there at 3-4 there will be calls

My guess Oakland wont take Brady Quinn first....CJ will be the #1 player taken in 2007

Orangegone1

Starter

#12 : January 04, 2007, 09:24:25 AM

My impression of Russell is that he has a great arm and that gets him in trouble sometimes. He throws into double and triple coverage. The other thing I noticed was when he was taken out of the game, he was more interested in taking off his Jersey than shaking hands with his teamates. It may be a small meaningless thing. But then I read Chris Landry's comments about him not being a leader and being aloof. Also his comments about Russell's decision making. Those are the negatives I saw. My only point is that he is a risky very high pick and not because of his physical attributes. The pass he made rolling to his right and threw it for a long touchdown was great. Not many NFL QB's can make that throw. But he still would scare me when there are more "sure picks"(if there is such a thing) at #3-4.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 04, 2007, 09:26:20 AM

I still want CJ or JT.  And not in a hot, wild sort of way.

lousosh

Second String
#14 : January 04, 2007, 10:12:21 AM

In baseball it's pitching , hockey, it the goalie. I football it's the qb. This guy is a beast. IMO, this guy should be drafted #1. Give Gruden an extension. Let this guy develop . A prospect like him doesn't come around very often.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want Russell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools