Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want Russell « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#135 : January 05, 2007, 08:36:44 PM

Well I have some questions about the run game and Caddy. someone stated here that he is not an elite RB. So is that because he really isn't gonna be, becaue the olline didn't give him any running lanes, or is it because he isn't a "playmaker" in spite of no running lanes. Is that even possible to run where there is no run lanes, or is he not fast enuf to turn corners on the end or what? Or is it that foot thing still lingering? Maybe he has a problem like Brian Kelly...in the making. I also saw him dance around. Here's a question...if he is more patient instead of just running into the pack...would he succeed more do you think? That's what I'm wondering. I've watched a lot of backs who take their time, it really doesn't even look like they are doing much, but by being patient, the lines open as the plays progress and defenders follow decoys ets. ?????

the absolute only reason I would think Caddy dosent have the "elite" cliche is because of the non-adversity you see in Alexander, and Tomlinson...being they cange chage on a whim, and go a different route, where as Caddy sticks to the plays even when there is no lane......but that can be coached to be corrected...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#136 : January 05, 2007, 08:51:39 PM

It is a delicate balance.  Hitting the hole quicky is important but if done too often (like Pittman does) it does not work out and that is why patience is needed sometimes.  But at the same time too much patience by dancing in the backfield is not a good thing either.  A lot of Pittman's runs that are for good yards is that he hits the hole quickly.  If a hole opens up it would be wise to hit it as quickly as possible.  If not it would be wise to wait and let a hole develope or bait the defense one way and attack a hole that opens up as a result in their pursuit.

Carnell has the "vision" to be patient for a hole to open up and has shown he can hit the hole quickly as well.  His problem in my opinion is at times he runs too upright which results in a lot of fumbles. He is not considered elite becuase he is not a complete back in that he is not a very good pass catcher and blocker yet early in his career  I think he has the potential to be an elite back but he has to work on his pass blocking and pass catching.  This year it was a start in the right direction. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#137 : January 05, 2007, 09:59:44 PM

I heard Landry as well.  I was shocked!  How could you have that size, arm, and accuracy and not be serious mentally?   ???What a waste.  Take him off my list.  I'd rather a grinder any day...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#138 : January 06, 2007, 12:47:46 AM

The only way I'd take a WR with a top 2-3 pick is if he was about 6'5, ran about a 4.1, and caught 18-20 touchdowns in back to back years. And we all know there is nobody like that at that position so therefore it can wait until late in the 1st or 2nd rounds.
I ask again if you're serious, about this and CJ not being 'special'...

Well I wasn't serious as far as a wide receiver actually putting up those type of numbers, but that's what it would take for me to draft a receiver that high in the draft top 3 overall. And I admit I have seen very little of Calvin Johnson(not a GT fan nor do they show us many of their games here)but have heard all the hype about him, but personally if we were taking a receiver late in the first round I'd select Teddy Ginn over Johnson.

#139 : January 06, 2007, 12:52:52 AM

The only way I'd take a WR with a top 2-3 pick is if he was about 6'5, ran about a 4.1, and caught 18-20 touchdowns in back to back years. And we all know there is nobody like that at that position so therefore it can wait until late in the 1st or 2nd rounds.
I ask again if you're serious, about this and CJ not being 'special'...

Well I wasn't serious as far as a wide receiver actually putting up those type of numbers, but that's what it would take for me to draft a receiver that high in the draft top 3 overall. And I admit I have seen very little of Calvin Johnson(not a GT fan nor do they show us many of their games here)but have heard all the hype about him, but personally if we were taking a receiver late in the first round I'd select Teddy Ginn over Johnson.
Ginn is smaller, only slightly quicker, plays with a Heisman winner. CJ is taller, more physical, has slightly less speed, and played with an awful QB. Ginn has moons of hype, CJ is only starting to catch on since everyone saw what he did with a decent QB, burning up the WV secondary. If you're going by CF TDs go ahead, but the talent on the teams is the telling tale as far as hype and who got the screwjob of the hype.

coopsxx

Starter
#140 : January 06, 2007, 03:29:18 AM

CJ is with out a doubt the most talented, and safest pick in this draft. Howver unless we get a franshise caller he will be wasted.

People need to read my opening thread - I am not judging Russell just on the ND game he has had great stats all year and is only a junior lets not forget. (likewise the bad stats posted against certain D does not necessarily make him a bad Qb just like the good stats against ND doesnt make him great.)
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I want Russell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools